Root causes 2

Why do you ask?

I just want to know if you are going to keep writing little mini-essays about how you think the market is inefficient, because it seems inefficient to waste so much time grinding your axe on this topic. Yes, we know the market is inefficient. That’s by design. It’s intentional. No need to belabour the obvious.

Welcome to EvE Online!

3 Likes

It doesent seem ineffecient to talk about to me. You may never get it, and thats probably why nobody is trying to convince you of anything. That would be ineffecient.

When do you think Root causes 3 will be released?

Who says there is going to be one

Well, now you are in a pickle. If you don’t make Root causes 3, you will be letting me dictate whether you can make it or not. On the other hand, if you do make it, you will have to listen to me say I told you so.

1 Like

Blow it out your ass.

I can see you are having another temper tantrum.

I will give you some space to calm down.

1 Like

Thanks

I find the market to be a lot more reliable now than in the past when there were no setup fees.

Nowadays I can set up a buy or sell order for a reasonable price and much more reliably make that trade if I wait a bit.

In the past when there was no cost to ‘one-ISK’ offers just below or above other trade offers it would rarely ever sell unless you were also spending a lot of time to babysit your orders to compete with other babysiting traders and market bots.

Buy and sell orders have become a lot more reliable as result of the setup fee. And the impact of market bots is mostly gone.

I like that.

1 Like

What on Earth is ‘unreliable’ even supposed to mean ? Markets are there to be exploited….duh. EVE is not a Soviet style ( reliable ) system with 5 year pig iron plans, fixed ( i.e subsidised ) prices, and a Trabant after 10 years if you are a good citizen. It is supposed to be a distopian capitalist, exploitative, free for all with both gain and risk involved. It is supposed to make you think of the risks when placing an order. And if you lose out, that is the way the market risk is supposed to operate. Do you finally get it now ?

Stop whining about how the game is meant to be. If you don’t like it, go play Farmville instead. I am quite sure some people’s incessant whining puts off far more potential noobs than the vagaries of the market could ever do.

2 Likes

:rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:

The stock market is unreliable. Go figure…

1 Like

This is why I don’t engage that person on the forums.

1 Like

Closed, thread has run its course and gone off topic.

1. Specifically restricted conduct

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

  • Trolling
  • Flaming
  • Ranting
  • Personal Attacks
  • Harassment
  • Doxxing
  • Racism & Discrimination
  • Hate Speech
  • Sexism
  • Spamming
  • Bumping
  • Off-Topic Posting
  • Pyramid Quoting
  • Rumor Mongering
  • New Player Bashing
  • Impersonation
  • Advertising
2 Likes