Rules regarding voice commands

1. Afaik, CCP has no way of detecting if you are using voice commands instead of keyboard/mouse input.

2. That CCP hasnt dealt with Jita spam-bots is unforgiveable.

ā€œengage targetā€

all my fighters launch approach targeted ship and activate their MWD after 5 seconds they activate both sets of weapons this happens on my 3 carrier toons while iā€™m on my loki toon webbing targets.

however like has been stated so long as you only activate what would be one in game hot key on one client you should be fine

Yep.

Thing is, in the time it takes someone to give even a monosyllable command like ā€œFireā€, such as to give a command that is linked to F1, you will always be slower in voice command than if you just pressed F1.

Quite seriously, I think an integrated voice command system in EVE would be a huge hit with players.

Many people would love to yell ā€œFIREā€, ā€œSHIELDSā€ or ā€œWARP WARP WARPā€ at their spaceship crew.

ā€œFire!ā€

You must have a target locked to complete that action.

ā€œDammit, Aura. Just explode target A!ā€

Thatā€™s what she said.

/annoyedgadgetstare

/aurasmirk

ā€“Gadget Predictions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit: formatting

2 Likes

I can see a voice command system getting abused as a means of broadcasting commands. Say a fleet has an FC on comms and everyone has voice commands, in addition to fleetwarp you can have everyone lock up a target and alpha it to hell when everybodyā€™s speech recognition software hears the FC say ā€œfireā€. Same with Approach, Orbit, and most other commands that donā€™t require selecting a new target to lock or a celestial to align to. Those would be more complex to do this way, but not necessarily impossible

Wow, I was not expecting this kind of response.
Thank you all for your input.

But i think i should clarify a few things.

So my intent was to use this for VNI ratting, I keep scouts active well im ratting in my super and about a month back i though i may as well get them ratting instead of just sitting in a station watching local.

The idea for voice commands was just to take a little load off of controlling 4 accounts, So saving mouse positions, key strokes and mouse clicks to be used in a single command seamed to be a good idea.

So for my start ratting command i made the following.
Save mouse position in overview, Click orbital object, Press W to orbit, Press X to deploy drones, Press 1 to turn on MWD.

I want to be very clear here, The goal of this was NOT to do this as fast as possible in order to make insane amounts of isk, I only make about 5mil a tick so there is no reason for that.
This was purely to take a bit of load away from me so i could focus more on ratting with my super.

I was going to set these to work for individual clients, No mirror commands, And was going to keep the intervals between key strokes at 1 second, I didnt think that would be to fast.

The idea is when there is a free moment when all my fighters are attacking i can give a command to one of my alts to ether have them warp to the next site, Home or start ratting, Instead of having to move the mouse across my monitors and do it myself, Maybe that makes me lazy, I prefer to call it creativeā€¦ But yes i am lazy as well.

I had no ill intent here, Nor was i looking to exploit anything and honestly before i started this thread i didnt think it would be an issue, But clearly it is.
And as i said i dont want my account banned so i guess i just wont do it.

Again, Thank you all for your input.

1 Like

You are not allowed to do that, if those actions are chained from one key action/click/voice command.

You have to give a distinct, separate input for each of those individual actions.

Petition yourself. Yes, seriously.

If you already tried this as you wrote above, then asking for forgiveness is what you need to be doing. And then ask if it is okay as long as you keep it at one ā€œkey strokeā€ per second. I honestly doubt they will okay it, but if I am reading this correctly and you already did this, then you really need to petition yourself.

They will not punish you for self reporting, but ooohhhh they will if you do not.

1 Like

Iā€™d love to use voice commands ! But iā€™d like to know what CCP thinks about it.

Much more immersion as well if you play it role play

Ok, How do i do that? Do i just open a support ticket and explain what i did.

Yes !

Can you tell us their answer ?

Its been 24hrs since sending the support ticket and i have yet to receive A reply, As soon as i do ill post there decision here.

3 Likes

I just thought of an interesting way to abuse this, if it does become approved.

Get yourself a collection of VMs, computers, whatever, set up voice activated commands, then send them through voice comms. Unusual way of broadcasting inputs that would be undetectable by any kind of warden software (it would of course detect the macro software, but that being approved for voice command already means it canā€™t be used against you).

You could even play with artificial voice comms latency to make the actions happen over several server ticks to make it less obvious from a logging perspective.

Iā€™m of course not saying anyone should do that. Just that in concept, it could be done.

So it took damn near a month but they finally got back to me.

"Thank you very much for your report. Yes, using macros or any automation is strictly forbidden. I have noted your account with the information that you have reported yourself and I donā€™t think our Team Security will take any further actions.

But, please, do not use this kind of macros and automation."

So thats that then, Voice commands are not allowed, Thats to bad.

Thanks to everyone for your input and to Solstice Projekt for suggesting i report myself and hope for the best, It seems to have worked out.

3 Likes

I missed this thread when it was fresh, but Iā€™d have thought the original premise would have been acceptable, assuming you were limiting it to things in the shortcuts menu, and 1 shortcut per command. It would of course have had limited utility since you wouldnā€™t be able to combine multiple clicks/presses per 1 command, making very few commands actually useful.

Glad you did! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not a single blind person can play EVE. Iā€™ve even seen cats who wanted to play EVE and they couldnā€™t get into it.

1 Like

They actually exist.

I remember one guy, who had issues with Aura continuously making people aware that they are ā€œtoo far away to execute this functionā€. The reason why he had issues, was because it was interfering with his text-to-speech program he used to play the game, because he was so legally blind he just could not do anything without it.

He can listen to voices at really high speed and - the best part - he has so much experience with this, that he can process two separate audio streams coming into his left and right ear, in parallel. Quite amazing!

I would have rallied for this guy, because thatā€™s just pure awesome. I do wonder about his speaking abilities being severely influenced by this, though.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.