Rumours of Amarr's death have been greatly exaggerated

You might want to check and see if you’re selling to a variety of buyers, or just a handful.

Iam a industrialist since maybe 6-9 months. So far i have never seens the appeal of Jita anyway. I started out in Rens and bough and sold stuff in Hek, Dodixie an Amarr. Rarely in Jita because the 0.1 isking would have forced me to stay there and waste my time. Now iam operating from Amarr since a while and my only reason to go to Jita is to buy moon mats once a week since its cheaper there. For selling i never got the point of Jita.

1 Like

That’s not what I wrote. What I wrote is that the increase in value is not likely attributable to a growing market. Instead it’s attributable to things like my above example.

1 Like

I just wish I had more isk to move more things to amarr.

I’d also suggest that there is significant selling going on of people who don’t want to keep making the Amarr/Jita run but base in Jita.
@Pertti_Perusheppu Declaring it’s fine after only a month and a bit is way preemptive. Trade Hubs took years to establish, they will take years to decline. Look again in 6 months relative to Jita (So as to account for things like scarcity increasing prices everywhere), that’s about when you’ll be able to draw any actual trend indications seriously.

2 Likes

So Amarr is like a “going out of business” sale? Lots of stuff getting sold? Everything must go?

Maybe? For some people almost certainly.
For others they may be looking at moving in.
In 6 months we’ll start to get an idea how it will stabilise, assuming high sec remains mostly stable from now to then anyway.

1 Like

except not
i used to sell all my ■■■■ in Jita …no brainer
now there is a good time i don’t go there
i dont even have stuff in Jita anymore
and the Amarr stuff are starting to sell
sooooooo… if i can count on me as a good barometer for the situation
and i can …
amarr is great again … don’t listen to lies

1 Like

No, you can’t.

Trade Hubs require large scale cooperative efforts.
Not a single trader finding some good niche opportunities.
Since we don’t have the means to conduct meaningful surveys, we have to wait for a decent timeframe to actually see.

1 Like

yes i can
images

2 Likes

I have been there yesterday and couldn buy the tech 2 module for armor tanking.

:disappointed:

I have seen people posting sell orders there with ridiculous values, like 900M isk for a module costing 1M isk in Jita. And it was basically 1 module and it was the only one in station. Everywhere in universe people are the same. Jita or Amarr, whats different is amount of competition.

I prefer Perimeter Trading Post myself (1 jump from Jita), instead of Jita, when I’m on that side of Niarja. My stuff sells just as well and I can avoid gankers.

Dray Cil

Obligatory.

Niarja, when the gates fell.

5 Likes

You are right that seeing the eventual end result will take months, so we’ll have to wait. But comparing to Jita is a good idea, let’s do that right now.

Here are the trade values from July:

And from September.

Curiously, Jita is going down, not up. So, what we know now:

-Trade in Domain has risen quite a bit in two months
-Stuff is sold out in Amarr despite higher prices
-Trade in Jita is somewhat going down (450T in July, ~410T in September)

None of these indicate that Amarr as a trade hub has been hurt by fall of Niarja. Sure, you might be able to rationalize some of them, but I find it suspicious if you have to rationalize everything that is happening to suit your argument.

What argument, I literally said that to see the effects properly we have to wait 6 months at least.
Anything right now is saying that because the numbers are 1 & 9, clearly the next number is 17. There isn’t enough data for a trend.

2 Likes

The Fall of Niarja leads to some adjustments, but there is still a traffic between Jita and Amarr and courier contracts are completed fast enough. I think the war also drives the demand.

But the long distance between Amarr und Dodixie is tedious

As someone who is based in Null (Catch to be precise) I can wholeheartedly agree on that the extra jumps are not worth it for me and that I will use Amarr for my buisness needs. I’ve never seen the appeal of Jita in the first place and now with Niarja down it’s not even a question in my view.

Note that I don’t claim to know much about the Market in general, as a new player that would be quite silly anyway, but unless something really weird happens in the future I don’t see myself switching from Amarr anytime soon.

3 Likes

My bad, looks like I mixed you up with some other posters. I guess you are right that we can’t say the exact end result yet. But I disagree with the data not being significant so far, even with just a month and a half, it looks rather unlikely that Amarr would have been hurt by fall of Niarja.

At the same time as traders doing fire-sales before moving to Jita, you may get industrialists moving to amarr to take advantage of the lack of ‘tech 2 armour tank mods’.

Amarr will be fine. Different, but fine.