Safeties to Green. Or else

Obviously I’m in the camp that says that it should.

but…

Back to this, and my point about Over-farming Krabs.

Obviously Blackout was a fail. To my knowledge anyway.

So…

I hear people moaning about Gankers on comms, reliably for 4 yrs. Am I right or wrong?

CCP have a weak retention rate for newbs. And we need newbs.

CCP can see the Account of said newb. Full telemetry access. And they also power zKillboard. So CCP can do this.

Here is the idea ( as someone asked me how you’d measure it ):

Mr/Ms Newb spends 3 months flying to get their first Rattlesnake. 3 months of hard work, obviously, as being a newb can be tough. They undock it from Jita, make it to Perimeter, and a a Catalyst swarm takes them out for ze poops unt ze giggles. In a 0.9 Sec Status ( the 0.8 point above ).

A hypothetical situation, but expect Salt a-plenty. Someone just learned that the Security Status means nothing. And 3 months of work explodes. It’s not even a ‘dank killmail’.

This nearly happened to me when I first started Incursions nearly 3-ish years ago, so it IS possible. It was a Nightmare I flew, but there you go. I just dodged the Catalyst swarm by seconds, and yes my butt did pucker.

How does CCP measure this ( the question )? How can they check if Newbs are being bashed too much? They can create an algorithm for Net Worth vs time played. They can then check kill-mails for big losses. They can then see if the player then leaves the game.

It will also flag up CODE ganks and PIRAT issues too. Net Worth is general enough to be able to be compared to a recent loss to see if it is big or not. And if the player then leaves you know that you have a High Sec issue. The catalyst gank mechanic, like it or loath it.

I have my beliefs, and people will agree or disagree, but data is data.

I don’t want my hobby disappearing just yet, let’s put it that way.

1 Like