Safeties to Green. Or else

The few times I’ve played on Singularity, it’s been very laggy- which led to a poor play experience. Is that typical, or did I get unlucky? Like I said, I only tried once or twice.

Some people think the mechanic of being able to trash big pricey ships, in cheap fleets, with zero risk/exposure to the gankers, is… A bit rough. A smidgen OTT. I’ve heard it since I joined this game.

The fact you can’t protect yourself in High Sec when a gank fleet comes is… Kinda daft. How sec status means nothing in reality, when it’s kinda supposed to.

1 Like

The OP is a plan.

And yes, there are some things I’d like to do.

Real question is, am I the only one?

1 Like

In fairness whoever worked out the original mechanics of it was a smart cookie. But now… Everyone knows it.

And it is MEGA easy. I stand by that statement.

1 Like

Have you ever ganked someone?

Me, nope not my thing.

I never said ganking wasn’t easy, I said it was the most challenging activity in high sec. Can you name something more challenging? Have any of you tried it? This thread is nonsense

Are you ■■■■■■■ kidding us…

They recently reduced High Sec Incursions from 2-3 spawns to just 1 ( with a 1-2 day gap with no spawn at all ). They did this as an Economic Lever.

The grids are now over-crowded. It’s harder to get on grid. So this principle does actually work.

1 Like

Obviously I’m in the camp that says that it should.

but…

Back to this, and my point about Over-farming Krabs.

Obviously Blackout was a fail. To my knowledge anyway.

So…

I hear people moaning about Gankers on comms, reliably for 4 yrs. Am I right or wrong?

CCP have a weak retention rate for newbs. And we need newbs.

CCP can see the Account of said newb. Full telemetry access. And they also power zKillboard. So CCP can do this.

Here is the idea ( as someone asked me how you’d measure it ):

Mr/Ms Newb spends 3 months flying to get their first Rattlesnake. 3 months of hard work, obviously, as being a newb can be tough. They undock it from Jita, make it to Perimeter, and a a Catalyst swarm takes them out for ze poops unt ze giggles. In a 0.9 Sec Status ( the 0.8 point above ).

A hypothetical situation, but expect Salt a-plenty. Someone just learned that the Security Status means nothing. And 3 months of work explodes. It’s not even a ‘dank killmail’.

This nearly happened to me when I first started Incursions nearly 3-ish years ago, so it IS possible. It was a Nightmare I flew, but there you go. I just dodged the Catalyst swarm by seconds, and yes my butt did pucker.

How does CCP measure this ( the question )? How can they check if Newbs are being bashed too much? They can create an algorithm for Net Worth vs time played. They can then check kill-mails for big losses. They can then see if the player then leaves the game.

It will also flag up CODE ganks and PIRAT issues too. Net Worth is general enough to be able to be compared to a recent loss to see if it is big or not. And if the player then leaves you know that you have a High Sec issue. The catalyst gank mechanic, like it or loath it.

I have my beliefs, and people will agree or disagree, but data is data.

I don’t want my hobby disappearing just yet, let’s put it that way.

1 Like

CCP calls this event The Magic Moment. It happens to everyone, the loss of your first ship. How you handle that moment is considered the critical moment determining whether a player will grow up and actually play Eve, or just fade away.

They did this, because they want people to do Triglavians.

You can’t just take something so incredibly small scale (nerfing incursions)
and blow it up to literally the full scale, covering all of highsec.

You’re not stupid enough not to know this.
You’re being insincere about your motives.

You make it look like your “hypothetical situation” is actually common and claim that all it’s ever about, for gankers, is shits and giggles, showing that you’re just yet another hater who has absolutely no regard for the individual ganker.

“They’re all the same. They’re all just doing it to piss people off”.

I’d also like to point out that the OP actually attempts to “underline” his idea with a threat about how “this needs to be done, or else”. Literally a threat. Consider what a wannabe this guy must be, for believing he can put out a threat like this because what he says is the truth and when you don’t accept it as truth, then bad things will happen.

He’s a bad person, trying to hide what he really wants to achieve in the name of “retention” and “new players”, inflating his personal experiences and projecting them onto everyone.

This guy is yet another self-righteous, wannabe good-guy thinking HE can start a crusade against all the mighty evil that exists in the world (of his imagination).

From a different thread:

He calls gankers “Baby-seal Clubbers”, who are actually horrible people and he immediately tries to draw a connection to new players.

I’d like to point out that anyone equating “baby-seal clubbers” with people playing a video game has no actual empathy and doesn’t give a single ■■■■ about baby-seals.

This guy is just an asshole.
This thread is done.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Boy this is quite a word to use, empathy, especially in defense of ganking, I posted about me being morally (personally), against it and I get hate for even suggesting the word morals.

Your right that ganking issue is a dead horse long beat into dust and yet it still dominates the forums and why, because it is a problem and always has been, but this “turn it green” is not such a bad suggestion, it would solve (in my view), more problems then I could see it creates.

I’ve been in this game long enough to remember when high-sec could get lvl 5 missions, they got rid of it and moved them to low sec in the hopes it would entice people to move, it didn’t, and ever since high-sec has been the object of many nerfs to income in an attempt to get people to move, it didn’t.

So what to do with gankers, they refuse to leave the fish in a barrel and call themselves pro fishermen???

What is it that keeps them in a safe space hunting easy game, maybe it should be less enticing to be in hi-sec systems and turning it green in 0.5 and above systems is a step in the correct direction to move gankers into low so that low-sec could see some love if they are forced to move into a more lawless space to continue to do their choice activities, I know some actually do already and the goons pet code would still be alive and well because they have mega Corp backing.

On a visit to a 0.5 system to retrieve my goods in asset safety I found out why, a mega Corp took over the station by war declaration and that nice friendly corporation that allowed us to enjoy that station, gone, and now everyone else is locked out, so with that mega Corp flexing it’s muscles in hi-sec while it has all it’s null territories how is that not nerfing hi-sec via a player intervention?

Rocks are hard to come by already in hi-sec as the locusts fleets of NPC’s wipe out belts, now this, so why not allow high-sec to be dialed green for those who are not war targets?

2 Likes

You seem to not understand that gankers are also eve online players

Compared to which games?
All of the studies that relate to player retention in the F2P and Freemium (Eve is in this one) segments of the MMO market suggest that the average retention rate is lower than that of Eve; and then there’s the general consensus that the MMO market itself is shrinking in the face of other genres that offer an “instant fix” that doesn’t require an investment of time.

And we need newbs.
Agreed, we do need new players; what we don’t need to do is insulate them from reality by placing artificial restrictions on them.

And there we go, down to the poo slinging, and yet you want change yet assume everything without even reading on my post (stuff in asset safety), that is not the ONLY location I have assets, my assets are spread all over Eve and I go wherever I feel like going that day, I build most assets I have, and I buy much all over, lazy hardly applies to me in game.

That being said your “victims everywhere” pretty silly, don’t go balls out for the melodramatic by using words to nuke something you don’t agree with, I present my facts as I’ve experienced and people can fact check it, did I once post here that
CCP get rid of the NPC miners nope, did I say that CCP should stop mega Corps from dominating 0.5 mining, nope, it is only food for thought, to consider, and to lead itself into more questions on why “go green” may not be a bad thing because you know gankers have it easy (in my view), and always have, the main group (code), is backed by a mega Corp Alliance, goons, and now mega Corps are taking over 0.5 moons, fine, gankers have always been a part of eve, everyone’s game has been touched in some way yet the gankers have largely never been effected, (go green), doesn’t stop it (ganking), but does place it in a more challenging environment.

Think of all the punches hi-sec has gotten to make is less AFK, sit somewhere shooting rocks and the TRIV might come and get you and put you in a POD, there was already NPC’s who attacked so why did CCP do that, make it harder to mine in peace (unless you get ganked), or get shut down by getting target jammed (Caldari space), and gankers enjoy the ability to “fix” the sec status by buying tags to “turn in” and get forgiveness only to repeat, naw ganking should be hit with green in hi-sec and it doesn’t stop them from doing their thing in low-sec while enjoying the PVP they crave yet still offering the challenge of players who are in it for the same reasons they (gankers), claim, PVP.

1 Like

It’s not my first big loss. I’ve taken 2 in 4 yrs, because I was taught ultra-caution and ISK-warfare by my first corp ( I was VERY lucky there ).

And I just re-subbed 2 accts ( real world issues ).

But…

I want to see if over-ganking is hurting the newbs. Hence the data-monitoring idea.

Safeties to Green. Or else - #30 by Bloody_Larry < Linky.

2 Likes

Moving the PvP out to 0.6 & down is not, well, hardly devastation. Or 0.7 & down.

But…

I’d love to know how many newbs put the time in, get popped in a rotten piece of luck, & then bug out.

2 Likes

Or I’m right. Unless you are seriously suggesting that training for catalyst, keep-at-range 2500m, and then pressing f1, are high-end moves.

Let’s check the data. I like data :slight_smile:

1 Like