Salvager love

I’m against it because I know that when I ran missions and then DED’s I did used to salvage too. I used drones for ease, and an mtu to haul in the elite wreck to salvage. From my experience using a single flight of perfect salvaging drones would save cargo space and improve salvage yield without need for specialized modules or deployables.

It may be different for others but I think many would do the same.

Just in case some people are confused and think better salvage chance means better or more salvage parts. Because it seems some people are. Let PvE expert Ima Wreckyou give you some lecture in salvaging:

A higher chance on a salvager module or drone does not mean you have a higher chance of getting more or better salvage parts. It just means that it has a higher chance of the cycle succeeding.

So no matter if you use t1 or t2 or drones, the amount of salvage you get is the same, as it is calculated during the destruction of the ship. The better modules or drones will only allow you to retrieve it faster.

5 Likes

I’ve been playing this game for a long time doing missions and exploration, I’ve always salvaged all wrecks with either salvage modules or salvage drones. Also I always use a Noctis for large amounts of wrecks.

I’m all for the idea of having T2 Salvage Drones just for the one fact that they will perform better than T1 Salvage Drones, as they should. They definitely won’t make any other type of salvage material collection obsolete and it will help collect more salvage materials for those of us who make rigs.

1 Like

And let’s not forget that the t1 salvager drones cannot pick up some higher class sleeper wrecks, no matter how often or long they cycle.

I love the Noctis, she is perfect the way she is. Though in nullsec I still like to do some salvaging in a destroyer.

1 Like

Then our opinion differs, whicb is fine. I know I wouldn’t bother with other options if faster t2 drones were available, and I imagine others would feel the same.

Also more salvage tomarket will drop the price, and therefore lower rig prices. It’s not all rosy if you have more salvage to market, depending on your point of view.

Then how about letting the t1 drones be a build requirement for the t2 ones?

1 Like

That’s completely wrong, doesn’t matter if it’s Salvage modules or drones, T2 has a higher chance of retrieving salvage materials than T1 which means in the long run you’ll get more salvage materials by using T2 instead of T1.

That’s a fallacy considering the fact that a lot of players don’t even bother with salvaging wrecks cuz they’re too busy min/max their time with blitzing.

Just to confirm that I understand you correctly. What you say is if you would salvage the wrecks with a T1 salvager, then go back in time and salvage the same wrecks with a T2 salvager you would get more salvage parts from the T2 salvager?

because you are stubborn at not understanding that if ccp increase the drop rate of some items, their value will decrease.

Also, you are wrong. the salvage value is set at the drop, not at the salvage - so T2 salvage drones would not increase the value of the loot.

Finally, regarding the salvage probability :

• given a wreck and a toon, the chance to salvage the at the end of a cycle wreck is the same, let’s call it s
  • most of the time the full flight of salvage drones will actually behave like a single 5-grouped salvagers drones. The probability for the “merged” drone to succeed salvaging is 1-(1-s)^5.
    • considering a base 10% for BS hulls, +13% for skills, we have 23% salvage per drone, thus 73% chance to salvage the hull with 5 drones after one cycle. It’s higher for most other ;
    • considering commander, it becomes 13% chance per drone, ie 50% for the flight. that means for BS hull you need average 1.3 cycle to salvage, for commanders average 2 cycles.

What that means is that increasing the access bonus of salvage drones would NOT result in a noticeable change in salvage speed.if the best case, you would go from 1.3 to 1 cycle for normal wrecks, and from 2 to 1 cycle for commander wrecks(with max skills).

A butter approach would be make the salvage drones have more targets or more speed, or smaller cycles.

he is not talking about going back in time, but yeah he is affirming that the module used has an impact on the quantity of salvaged materials.

I think he was intentionally vague so he can back-paddle and just say he never said that explicitly.

no, he said it very explicitly : " in the long run you’ll get more salvage materials by using T2 instead of T1."
especially since he said above that he salvages all the wrecks, that means, in the long run he will have salvaged exactly the same wrecks.

Is that Official CCP facts?

Never said changing that would make it faster, said it would net more salvage materials in the long run due to having higher chance of retrieval.

T1 salvager has 5% chance compared to T2 salvager which has 7% chance, both have 10s cycle time. You’re sadly mistaken if you think they will both collect the same amount of salvage materials in the same amount of time.

:woman_shrugging:

No, that’s taken from the eve-uni. If you have BETTER data, I’d be glad if you shared them - however since most of the time my analysis is very close to the formula given in eve-uni ( eg impact of truesec on agent reward - or industry costs), while you claim things that are false even when I correct you, I rather think you have no clue what you are talking about until then.

Why are you playing the retard ? They will both collect the same amount of materials, in a different amount of time.
strawman fallacy ?

yes you did say it here :

Anyhow, you are wrong.
You CANT increase the amount of material you get from salvaging. It is SET the moment the wreck is created.

:woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Unless it’s an Official statement of fact from CCP then it’s just speculation.

Actually you’re the one who has no clue and your breakdown of system security status on agent reward is very debatable, especially since you can’t produce any Official Dev statement about it or any of the other mathematical formula’s you keep posting.

73% chance on a BS wreck with 5 drones when each drone has 23% chance?

One thing is for sure, you didn’t write the book on Eve game mechanics and you’re definitely not the Dev who wrote the code for salvaging.

T1 and T2 modules both cycle at 10s, meaning they both take the same amount of time, however their chance of salvage retrieval is different so they don’t collect the same amount of salvage.

The only retard here is you. These constant attacks from you due to your spiteful resentment reeks of childish behavior.

Be funny if they made one with a covert ops abilities, people would do missions show up and everything turned to vapor.