Sandbox Design Mistakes

When I find a lost MTU

1 Like

^this guy does not

^neither does this guy.

I was answering to those two people, telling them that even if OP is an idiot, he is not wrong here and calling out on such details is not a proof of intelligence.

Be prepared that TheAndersen is only here for that specific reason.

2 Likes

Ships are more efficent to build too

Well it was faster for a start.

If every system is not an instance, care to explain traffic control and player counts within the system and that instance change thing called, jumping?

Yes they are instances, just with different attributes, they allow more people in than abysal space intances, same with wormholes, they may allow only some sizes of ships in and out. Instances.

Nothing wrong with abyssal space, you just complain because youā€™re not in the fleet, maybe try social engineering your way in.

They are instances, but they are not instanced content.

every system is instanced content, just with some leakage (markets/contracts), there can be and has been player limits in systems at times.

it is just a difference in those limits

Why hot and bothered over abyssal space?

The game is over 17 years old, youā€™re lucky itā€™s still online.

No they are not. Every system is an instance, but ā€œinstanced contentā€ means that the instance is reserved for a group of players.

The only instanced content in Eve is abyssal space.

Just because itā€™s an instance, does not mean itā€™s instanced, just as butter is not a butterfly.

Wormhole space is reserved for players within the ship limits of mass and jump counts, traffic control congenstion can limit player groups in any space, we get this often in nullsec around downtime.

Talk your way into an abyssal group and get in, fool them, or wait until they exit, and you can gank em.

I canā€™t change market orders in Rens from Jita, thatā€™s limiting players.

Does not change a single thing to what I wrote. Iā€™m not saying that heā€™s right about instanced content being bad. I4m saying he is not wrong about abyssal being the only instanced content.

The only ā€œinstanced contentā€ in Eve is abyssal.
Arguing over this is nitpicking over useless point.
WS are not instanced content, because itā€™s not generated for a specific group that is the sole consumer of that content.

17 year old game, something something, mutters somethingā€¦

Youā€™re lucky itā€™s still online, other games would have had the plug pulled long ago.

Less luck, more a passionate and resourceful player base combined with a dedicated dev team refusing to let it die.

3 Likes

orā€¦ they just found more ways to milk it and some new herds

Then that means weā€™re not lucky the plug hasnā€™t been pulled if itā€™s still attracting new herds.

Since you are obviously not a developer, and seem to have a limited understanding of tech, I will tell you that when developers refer to instanced content they are talking about MORE THAN ONE COPY. A SINGLE INSTANCE is not considered ā€œinstancedā€.

You do realize that ā€œinstancedā€ is a standard tech term that is at least 20 years old? Within the tech community there is zero disagreement. By arguing this you are showing how little you know.

Space needs more Sodium Chloride and they can sprinkle it in every instance

You open a discussion on the forum then insult people - tell them they should get a brain and they have limited understandingā€¦why bother sharing the idea in the first place ?

Donā€™t be a drama queen. If you want to discuss ideas letā€™s discuss ideas. If youā€™re in the mood to salt the earth then maybe go read a book or something.

Eve also needs more cross dressing options in the NEX store

1 Like