Scan down wrecks shown in D-scan

in case you didn’t know, there’s a rig for that.

wrecks should be scan able and they should last a bit longer if there are not many in system. it would turn salvage into an actual profession not just some alt you drag behind your mission runner. some people already do this since you can scan down drones but with how short lived wrecks are + not all fights leave behind drones you don’t find much.

if there are a lot of wrecks in system maybe group all the loot and salvage into a single site that needs to be scanned down as well. could even add some art assets to make it look like wrecks of actual ships.

Except that no where near every PvE player in the game uses an MTU, but every single PvE activity in the game produces wrecks.

Not all PvE players use MTUs, that’s true. But how true is that if you see an MTU, you will find a PVE player nearby? I mean, who else is using them?

what the hell does that have to do with anything? if they are using combat probes they could just find the ship what does an MTU have to do with it?

MTUs are significantly easier to scan down than most combat ships. This whole thing goes back to CCP making wrecks non-scannable since it was easier to scan down the wrecks someone was creating, whether in PvP or PvE, than the ships creating those wrecks.

The argument is that since MTUs are also easy to scan down making wrecks easy to scan down would have no effect. My point is that this is a false equivalence that fails even the most basic of sanity checks.

You’ll actually see them in fleet fights as well, sometimes from third parties looking to cash in, but that’s somewhat beside the point. The argument here is that since MTUs are easy to scan down making wrecks scannable again won’t impact PvE players. That doesn’t pass muster since far from every PvE player uses an MTU.

… So then just make the wrecks harder to scan than a frigate.

they cannot be scaned now because it would give advantage for someone hunting pvers. So 1 hour delay (enough to complete any site). After that scannable and lootable. No point of making suspect of someone salvaging wrecks left in space. Also big “IF” something like that will happen then loot table will have to changed or maybe new items introduced.

or that.

not if they made the wrecks harder to scan than the ship

Ship itself can be scanned down easily and wrecks are showing on d-scan anyway.

sooo it wouldn’t give an advantage…

Problem is you want space salvaging profession to be skill intensive. Scanning skills at the “superior cache level”.

a fig is much easier to scan than a superior cache. so that’s a hyperbole

Can’t compare, never ever scanned frigate. Comat and non combat useing different scanning strenght anyway. Wreck don’t have to be on d-scan anyway. If someone want to hunt pver, it can be done anyway. Having special lanucher or mechanism to find wrecks would be fun.

I mentioned earlier here that in my version you couldn’t scan wrecks as long as there are site environment objects near them, which will despawn after the site is completed and all players left. I wouldn’t let wreck hunters to easily find players either. I just don’t understand why such a long delay is better than simply waiting until the site is finished.

True, it would be better with scannable sites but what about missions?

all i see here is someone being scared of people hunting PvErs, ignoring that this sort of wreckprobing would not, in any way or form, make it easier to do so.

Funny.

Conclusion: we need an event about hunting mission runners specifically.

no one is talking about d-scan and you are the one talking about how this makes hunting them easier

1 Like

It’s literally in second OP sentence. Removing ability to scan wrecks was to not make pver easier to jump to. Changing wrecks to be less scanable than figate won’t change a thing because:

a) wrecks are still on d-scan so we know someone pve there
b) we don’t have to scan wrecks in that situation because it’s easier to scan pve ship itself, it’ll be cruiser usually.

wrecks could never be scanned though