Schadsquatch for CSM21!

Greetings New Eden! I’m Schadsquatch/Schadeck and I’m running for CSM21!

As some of you may already know, I am an EVE Partner and Twitch content creator who has spent the last 6 years calling New Eden my second home. Throughout those years, I have experienced many things that EVE Online has to offer; learning the ropes as a newer player through Scarcity, joining GSF and being a lowly F1 enjoyer, joining WiNGSPAN as a premier delivery agent, creating my own successful c5 corp with Squatch Squad and finally joining my friends in INIT. I have seen and heard many capsuleers’ frustrations, feedback and degenerate ideas from my years of creating content for the EVE Online community. I am hoping that I can bring these issues to FC so we can enhance New Eden and bring in a new generation of players into the fold.

TLDR: I want to make wormholes worth exploring, reduce undock friction and create high-risk/high-reward content that incentivizes action.

Areas of Expertise:

  • Wormhole Space: Nearly day 1 I was exploring Anoikis. Ran a c5 wormhole corporation for 3 years (Squatch Squad). An active WiNGSPAN delivery agent. Leading and defending evictions.
  • Community Lead: Consistently hosting NPSI events via NPSI.rocks, charity events, helped with multiple large scale brawls, trusted EVE Partner. #1 CSM Candidate interviewer!
  • Small Gang Content: Competent tackler/scout, consistent solo-hunter, working through my “EVEry Ship Challenge”.
  • Industry Mechanics: Dread, Freighter, Super builder. P1 to P4 connoisseur.

Why Am I Applying for CSM?

I know EVE is at its best when there are pilots in space, destroying stuff and creating memories. I want New Eden to be a place where you can find meaningful, high-stakes action without needing to sit tethered for hours waiting for a timer to finish. With limited game time, EVE suffers when there is no targets to fire on and players are too worried about their killboards to brawl it out.

I want to give pilots, new and old, a direct, unfiltered voice to FC to make sure that people are undocked and feeling good being undocked.

Hot Topics I Like To Rant About :hot_face:

Make Wormhole Space Matter Again

  • Rebalance Exploration Sov Upgrades: Null-sec exploration upgrades severely impacted low-class (C1–C3) wormhole profitability. I will push to create more incentives to get daring capsuleers to dive into wormholes.

  • Revitalize Low-Class Wormholes: Ensure lower-class J-space remains an attractive, profitable stepping stone for smaller corps and solo pilots.

Faction Warfare Plexes

  • End the “Warp-Out” Meta: Introduce harsher mechanics and bigger rewards that require players inside a FW Complex to commit to the fight once engaged, preventing instant, low-risk grid escapes the second an opponent enters.

Bring Back Whaling

  • Capital PVE Revamp: Introduce new, high-value Dreadnought-level PVE escalation content for Low-Sec and Null-Sec to get big ships off the tether and into space.

  • Risk vs. Reward: Create massive incentives for players to commit high-end assets to the grid, generating massive bait and escalation opportunities for neighboring regions.

Industry Quality of Life (QoL)

  • Streamline Manufacturing UI/UX: TOO MUCH CLICKING. I’m hoping to reduce the amount of clicks it takes to build stuff.

What You Can Expect From Me

  • Total Transparency: As the most moustached CSM candidate, I will bring ongoing community discussions to the forefront (within NDA boundaries) and keep players informed on what to expect from FC.

  • Direct Accessibility: You can find me live on Twitch almost every day. My stream chat and Discord will serve as an open door for player feedback.

Where you can find me!

Schadeck | Character | zKillboard (My Main Killboard)

3 Likes

Schadsquatch, How would you bring proving grounds back? Proving grounds would be a source of destruction and content for those who don’t have the time to go about roaming or large fleet fights

Thanks for your topic and presentation! Are you willing to answer some questions in this topic?

Of course

I wish you the best in the race although I take issue with your claim of most moustached.

m

1 Like

Is this Gustav Mannfred??

I’d beg and plead to bring back Proving Grounds. As much as I dislike instanced PVE, having a place where people who are there to bash heads together until the last man is standing is exactly what I crave after. I personally have like 2-3h to chill out most nights, and I would love to have a way to click a button and get a fight without having to sit in a plex until I get hyper blobbed or have to jump around for an hour before I find a ratter to kill.

Proving Grounds are great and I only got to experience them for like a couple of months before they got removed from the game…

2 Likes

There can only be one.

I appreciate it Mike!

Thank you!

  • if you could enforce a single change to the game, what would you do?

  • whats your opinion on the current status of instatravel/geography skipping mechanics like filaments, cynos/bridges or ansiblex gates?

  • do you think that massmultiboxing has a threshold / limit where it begins to hurt the game?

  1. Remove the exploration SOV hub upgrade and buff wormhole exploration loot tables, especially for lower class holes.
  2. There should be more counter play to cynos for small gang groups outside of “can I alpha the cyno before they bridge”. Signal filaments are in a fine place for me at the moment. As much as I dislike the timer being added to let defenders chase invaders, I respect the choice they made. Ansiblexes I’m waiting to see how the recent update affects the major blocs. The bubble nerfs has been great content for me and my NPSI groups, so I am really pleased with the hard work CSM20 has done to make these changes so far.
  3. I’ve been on both sides of the aisle on this one. I predominately PVP in a single ship, I have ran my own Guardian logi-chains for the Drifter Nexus event (while FC-ing the fleet), and I have multi-boxed 12 Golem + Links + Salvage Hodspodar hole farming teams as well. I think it has a place in the game and there would have to be significant changes to the game mechanically and marco-economically in order to not ‘break EVE’ and to incentivize players to focus on fewer accounts. From my personal experience, 3 or 4 accounts has been enough to do ‘most things’ in the game without needing other players. We should be focusing and fostering our efforts on creating in-game experiences that drive players to interact with each other and not to spool up more characters because ‘that is the most efficient thing to do’.

I have had many discussions with Schad about EVE and the CSM, and would love to see him bring his opinions and skillset to the CSM. I have had the pleasure of flying both with and against him on TQ, and he has my full endorsement.

1 Like

What this fine upstanding, most certainly would be welcome to date my sister if she and he were not married separately already young man forgot to mention in his little brief outline is that he also brought to the game the awesomeness that is OKayKemzy and JayGrizzley69 to of my current EVE Streamers who were mentored by Sir Squatch into blossoming streamers in their own right.

Fantastic fella this man is, will have my vote.

1 Like