Securing High Security Space

Perfectly logical aspiration. Just not one that fits with EvE’s lore or game play. This lore is based on existence of absolute and terminal punishment for crimes of violence. Not necessarily its prevention.

And “not necessarily” is weasel phrase that highlights how lore can be a bit inconsistent within game play that says EvE is a sandbox. Sandbox means that even though we all have ability to set our own level of safety to green, yellow, red, so we don’t “accidentally” shoot someone, you cannot impose that setting on anyone else.

The problem I have is CCP has already imposed that restriction, albeit in very specific circumstances of when you are “flying” a structure. One of my gripes is that when ganked or wardecced you do not have option of instant self-destruct or scorched-earth. Where this relates to your point is in a structure you are specifically not allowed to be anything but green. A structure cannot fire on non war-decced parties meaning you also cannot “self-destruct via CONCORD”. I find that somewhat inconsistent. After all, if you were going to force non-piracy on structures, why not then support your idea of imposing it around structures, such as trade hubs?

I already know the answer … argument will always come back around to lore, sandbox, yadda yadda yadda. Plus, there is security in hisec, in sense that pirates are at least restricted in the weapons they can use to kill you.