Security status effects tethering

It is a quote from the Bible. I am suggesting that the game that Eve once was, a single-shard PvP game with a fully player-run economy, may be gone now. Just like salt with no flavor, it may still be called Eve, but it is worthless.

2 Likes

if you want this game to be fill with care bears then let this change pass. :slight_smile:

Do carebears have $19.95 a month to spend?

2 Likes

I honestly think this change hurts lowsec pirates and mercenaries more than gankers, who are already used to zipping around and docking up in pods.

If there’s a war going on and any defensive structures in high sec are involved with those low sec pirates or mercs, the inability to count on tether is a massive game changer for the fleet battle.

Anyway, the game is already Hello Kitty-ified, it’s kind of funny to still see you thinking it’s a dangerous universe after all this time.

5 Likes

this is a very good point and to add to that my group has high-sec stations we use to get more jump range on our blops this just removes this as a whole

read this

excellent way to kill a gamestyle, good job ccplease

2 Likes

does a care bear need 20+ accounts to do what hes does… no

Again if you watched the video i linked one of them said that they ran 20+ accounts and because of the ganking nerfs they now only had one account plexed. So your “no chance they unsub” point is already made void. Plus no ganking effects more then just gankers with less ships being blown up that means that people who run indy now have less of a market to sell too. So this effects more then gankers in the end this will effect people like you sure you will not have to worry about being ganked any more bit you will have to pay 20% more for ships.

1 Like

People like myself are the canaries in the mine…as far as Eve is concerned. Relative noobs who are neither carebear or all-out fighters…but who have found the game enthralling. If I get utterly **** off with Eve, which is the way I am heading with CCP moving the goal posts every 5 minutes…then CCP really need to worry about hanging on to players.

2 Likes

You’re just barring anyone interested in ganking for the first time, and putting some minor inconveniences to those who’ve been doing it for years, almost like assisting a monopoly to thrive.

3 Likes

Lucas, you simply have no idea what you are babbling on about. However many noobs may stay due to any new carebear policies…I guarantee that double that number will leave because Teletubbie Carebear Highsec will have become utterly boring. You’ll rescue a few noobs…only to consign Eve to the bottomless pit, with much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Don’t forget to turn out the lights when you’re the last person to log out.

2 Likes

While do i not know him personally i do know where he ganked and say him there on a normal time frame. I no longer see them there and do know that he has in fact unsubed those accounts.

Alright lets look at some insignificant kills shall we:

and as a bonus.

Yes you are right very insignificant.

For this look no farther then PLEX prices, boom they change a bunch of stuff not just ganking for some updates around it and boom people leave then what happens ccp has to raise prices 15$ to 20$ and look what happened 1.3-1.5bil for 500 plex, now its 3bil+.

1 Like

this is how you kill industry in hisec, same happened in toilet eve (echoes)

5 Likes

So let me ask you this is a titan going down also insignificant?

1 Like

Well I don’t think that losing a titan is insignificant to the said owner of the titan or for that matter a 10bil freighter.

1 Like

Watch…and weep. You simply have no clue what really motivates noobs. You think you are rescuing Eve…when in fact your sort are the ones consigning it to oblivion.

4 Likes

Then what’s the problem?

4 Likes

You are looking at this under a microscope you only see 1% of the big picture. If say a vargur gets ganked what has to happen now? Somone has to make a new vargur… someone then has to make the t2 mods that the person buying the new vargur needs… then somone has to do pve to farm the faction mods to sell to the person buying the new vargur… and then somone has move all said parts to a trade hub to then give back to the person wanting to sell them at said market… so you because of ONE ship being ganked it now made a need for people that do the indy and the krabing, and that has then as a result made the market stronger.

2 Likes

Maybe CCP will bring back the NPC gankers. Nobody seems to hate them.

6 Likes