Sell Alliance Tornament Hulls on the Nexus Store

All games start to have a decline, as other genre and games are released and added to over the years. Many people do not have a subscription, they either buy plex to be omega, or they remain as alphas. More and more; EVE is generating revenue through microtransactions, and it is better to have a game where those who have the means to either buy plex or get it with isk get to fly the best and most powerful sub-capitals, then a game that shuts down because of lack of funds.

As I mentioned several times already, the rarity of earning ships through the tournament will remain. The few dozen ships released through the tournament will be of a special variation, likely the name of the ship with “prototype” or another moniker, and with the alliance tournament logo, something that should be removed on the PLEX store variant. Those ships will still be rare, and teams will compete to earn them. If you really want a Raven State Issue, you should be able to get it, provided you are willing to pay the significant PLEX cost that it is likely to be on the store.

No actually i should not.
If i really want one i could in theory see if there are any left and pay about the price of a fitted supercarrier for one. (or more)
I should NOT be able to open my wallet and go here you go CCP ill take 10.

Perhaps an argument could be made for SKINS to make a raven look like the state issue without hull bonuses. But especially with some of the newest ones released there is no reason hulls like those should be in general circulation.

Terrible idea, ruins the uniqueness, exclusivity, and prestige of owning an AT ship.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure you can buy a cheap AT frigate nowadays for around $2000 USD in PLEX.
So what you’re saying is you want “AT” ships to be put onto the NES for 100 000 +
PLEX? Or do you just want cheap AT hulls that cost a couple thousand plex and ignore the fact that literally everyone will use them considering how good the cov-ops and ceptor bonuses are?

They’re already broken as hell, the only thing stopping them from being the only logical choice is cost, and if you take that away then eve will just become AT ships online

1 Like

the problem we face is that it is still “PAY TO WIN” any ship that you buy through a paid service is supperior in all aspects to its game obtainable variant.

STO is a clear example of this with hull specializations for Paid hulls and a 1 step below upgrade option for Game (Fleet variants) hulls.

i love the alliance rewards, although i have never has the pleasure of flying/owning one i feal they were a great addition to the game with sufficient rairaty and combat ability to “stand out” on the battle field.

i think that you might be misguided in your need to have these ships available to the general populous in any incarnation, especially through the NEX

“IF” they were to be added to the game in any number i would want them to be an NPC (extreemly rare) named after the team Captain that the hull was awarded to. the fight would be insainly hard and the reward would be a faction loot, and a 1run BPC if you were vary lucky.

Hard no to “Pay to Win” options.

The most I hope CCP ever does is make limited edition BPCs for T1 ships available; same stats and same build cost, but a different model. It would be like a SKIN in that it would just be a vanity effect, but it wouldn’t be permanent like a SKIN in that if your limited edition ship got destroyed you’d have to build another one.

Better idea.

You want that hull, you track down who has it and offer them isk.

Second best idea, enter the alliance tournament if it comes back.

4 Likes

I would like to challenge this statement.
EVE is quite unique, because unlike other games, this was designed for multiboxing. Having more accounts will make you more efficient. Using 5/10/100 accounts at the same time will make you better than the sum of the individual accounts. In a way your chance to “win” is tied to the number of accounts you can afford (bot mining is an awfully good example). Isn’t this a variation of the pay to win formula?

1 Like

Eve was designed to be played with other people. Someone just figured out that it was more efficient to multibox instead. I don’t really count that as P2W though. Adding a ship (or a BPC of a ship) that is only available through the NES-store for real money and is significantly more powerful than a ship you can get in any other (normal) way is something I do not want to see in Eve.

3 Likes

Well the Raven State Issue has terrible stats, compared to the pirate or faction variants of the ship. It would either have to be changed, or the sale would be purely as a collectors item. And you should be able to go: ‘CCP let me have ten’ because that large amount of plex that you use to buy all of those state issues would go to improving the game.

As mentioned several times already, the AT rewards and those in future tournaments if it is revived should be unique variants. The ones on the plex store will only be generic hulls of the AT ships.

Yes, I want the ships to be expensive on the store, in the realm of 500 USD for the weaker AT hulls, all the way to 2,000-3,000 USD for the more expensive ones. I want for those with deep pockets to have AT ships be their new spending and collecting goal, after they max out their characters skills, I want them to drop serious money to collect all of the AT ships and more as they are released.

The ships should be rare, if they are not rare then I’m content that CCP is making millions off of their purchase. And as many AT deaths on the killboards show, they do die often in the hands of pilots, I saw a Chremoras die from an Algos solo, another AT frigate die from seekers etc. If we can have more of those deaths, CCP would make even more money and improve the game with further expansions and other releases.

Yes I play STO often. And I would say that without the lockboxes, that game would have long since been shut down. Thanks to the people who are crazy about getting the best of the best ships, Cryptic has the money to continue to run the game.

Your idea is one that I like. However as much fun as it would be to have AT ship BPC drop from extremely rare spawns like officer or ‘Team Captain’ spawns, CCP would not get money from that. Under my plan, CCP could make many hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions, from selling these ships and other special ones on the plex store.

It is not Pay to Win, it is Pay for Advantage. Look at the killboards and see the ways some of these ships die, and you’ll see that they do not equal victory. Your idea is also a valid one for increasing CCP’s coffers. However most people would rather want to buy a skin than one that does nothing for gameplay reasons, and dies with the ship. I would argue that CCP should add more skins, and release them more often, so that more people spend money on them.

Even better idea, release them on the plex store, and get them at anytime, all while giving CCP a great boost to their income.

You are correct Dior. Most games have Pay to Win in them, the most blatant examples are rare. I play Star Trek Online, where the absolute best ships can only be introduced into the server through lockboxes which you unlock with keys purchased with real currency. Yet players can easily save and buy the ships with gameplay, and in EVE, where ship loss is permanent, having a ship that is double or triple as good as a pirate variation does not mean much. 10 t1 frigates with webs and disruption can easily kill an AT frigate. So it is not pay to win, and as you mentioned, there are many ways to pay for advantage already in the game, this would not change much.

I would. Because since its the most powerful ship, CCP will always get revenue from people buying it off of the plex store. And just because its the most powerful ship, does not mean that it cannot be easily killed by skilled pilots, or even by mistakes. This would benefit the game, ensuring that the servers remain live, and that CCP makes the money needed to raise their salaries, satisfy investors, and invest in bold new expansions.

If you can afford 2000-3000 USD for hulls, why not just spend that money to buy AT hulls instead?

Why are you trying to sell this so hard?

1 Like