Separate Space for Newbies?

Which is against the tos for rookie systems

I guess you are right, I hadn’t considered that, but then why allow yellow safety?

And people say CCP are bad at programming. Damn nice hack.

I signed up to play Eve Online not Woke Online.

I don’t want career agents moved to some safe space / noob island.

To the director(s) I’d put forward some rhetorical questions:
Does Eve Online really need a Noob Island?
Is CCP trying to fix something which is not broken?

It became a bit nauseating reading about and hearing all the discussion by the last round of C.S.M. candidates about the “new player experience”. Perhaps the reason for the decades of Eve Online longevity is that the new player experience is not broken… especially with all the recent efforts put into it with the AIR Career Program, Daily Login Rewards, and etc.
If a new player needs someone to cut their pancakes for them in order for them to be able to eat, this isn’t the game for them and snowflakes should not be working at CCP.

I do like the idea of CCP getting it into their heads that the all Destruction / all Aggression all the time mantra might not be the best paradigm for capsuleers (or Humanity) in general. The idea that CCP might turn their eyes slightly towards two parts destruction; one part DIPLOMACY has my attention.
I will be interested in knowing what opportunities might arise for capsuleers in relation to the diplomatic focus of the new Exordium region.

A focus on diplomacy might be just the thing CCP needs in order to slow down the growing idea of Eve Online being a bastard simulation.

New generations getting into video games dont have the attention span that older gen does. And older Gen (boomers, x, some millenials) are dying off

The boot.ini disaster was way back in 07. That was ages ago.

Its pretty much not even the same people involved on either side anymore. No matter though, the chance of a small coding mistake can cause havoc in every direction.

The longer it stands uncorrected, the worse the outcome will be.

I like your thinking.

This would reinforce racial identity/space to varying degrees depending on how its done. That’s something that I’d get on board with in an instant. I could see the result being certain people being seen in certain empire pockets and not in others, proper regional markets and a real sense of “I’m heading to Caldari space” that’s not just hitting jump and seeing different NPCs’/Skybox.

The low or null between them would also foster a ton of PVP/FW. It shouldn’t be just one system, though or we get Uedama 2.0 and despite enjoying Aiko’s company, I don’t think that would be healthy for the game.

We’d likely end up with Provi 2.0 that’s enforced by players again but easier to maintain due to smaller size.

Damn, I want this. Bad.

1 Like

That’s the popular narrative and justification.
Death is a certainty but character is a choice.
I don’t like to be pigeon-holed and I try to not do the same to others -no matter their age.

Will Mike Azariah be confined / restricted to the Exordium Region with his new player support activities?

It may not with how the game is now, but perhaps with the upcoming military campaigns, they want to make sure that starter systems are not affected by what may come to pass. If the Amarr were to do another reclaiming and push deep into Minmatar high sec, if CCP didn’t move the starter systems, then they could run into issues.

CCP has very much always enjoyed the destruction we’ve caused. And it drives the economy.

We don’t know this yet, just that red won’t be (as inferred from the article).

Like I said before, probably level 1 missions only. So it’s not like the loot will be good, nor the killmail blingy.

Then also, as Geo said, GM policy can apply as well.

So noobs can learn can flipping and baiting, obviously. Where’s the problem with them doing it to each other?

1 Like

The only things the players “know” for sure @Lucy_Alfrir is what the tiny paragraph told us all from CCP. CCP knew players would crack the patch files and see 53 new systems and speculate on what they were. So far, we know the names of the systems, region, and constellations. We know all the systems are 1.0 High Security in there. According to CCP this is the place for the NPE ( New Player Experience ).

I am certain by now, someone in this thread must have compared this new area to pre-searing Ascalon in the Guild Wars MMO. The game has characters living in the tutorial permanently and they run around killing stuff because you can achieve maximum level and become uber god in the tutorial zone.

I don’t know what the game is like today, years ago people were farming in pre-searing and running the items to post using alts. The original GW game never had a player’s market. Most would go to the largest city in Nightfall and trade items there. They could then delete the alt, rinse and repeat.

It sounds to me like they are setting us market traders for a big fall this summer. This is only my opinion, but when they have glitches during events and delete needed Windows files, they probably are not thinking or planning anything of the sort, to safe guard the market. If this is the case, the botters will camp this new area and run the cheapest of prices through our economy.

In case you missed it, what’s being discussed is the New Eden News article that dropped today and gives more details about the coming Exordium region than were provided in the patch notes of 2026-03-05.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link Hatch, but all I am seeing there is lore about system building, and has nothing to do with how they plan to utilize the new region. I do like lore or game flavor, but it really is just saga about expanding into other regions of space.

It doesn’t tell us about market, travel, or ship restrictions.

And the bloodpressure of all the gankers and harassers rocket skyhigh because there is something they cannot force their strange hobby onto anyone……get adult people. Yes, maybe it’s a testballoon to let this happen all over high, but maybe it turns out to be just a big safety zone for noobs…. We already HAVE that on a smaller scale in rookie systems…this could be the same just bigger…..calm down people…not everything in here is about your strange PVP hobby.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure we can and will indulge our ‘strange hobby’ in all corners of EvE

1 Like

You know it’s 2026 and things can change? Just a reality check would be adviced here :slight_smile:

And i basicly tried to take the pressure out by telling you to calm down….maybe(just maybe) nothing is eaten as hot a it is cooked? Escalating here would only cause more escalations…so….well…calm down? :slight_smile: And your hobby IS strange ….

1 Like

I’m entirely calm :smiley:

I also know the kind of people we’re talking about, and I stand by my statement.

1 Like

A single two-way transit in Yulai. For lore purposes, seems appropriate. It’s great if you live in Gallente or Caldari space, or the Genesis region - right in your backyard. It is punishing for those in Amarrian space.

Can we get Niarja back, or a Genesis-Domain shortcut like the gates between Irgrus and Pahkshi to level the georgraphic field a bit?

1 Like

We will see……as i said pvp is not everything and adjusting a game to reality is no betrayal…..maybe some would feel it this way but(pure) pvp already is just a 1/3 minority(ccp’s own numbers) so maybe(just maybe) they will just ignore your whining……money counts more than a minority feeling betrayed……

2 Likes