Separate Space for Newbies?

I mentioned them, as well as the older players that stuck it out.

I happen to be one of those people and am not upset about a starter zone for new players, or the extremely low value product that will find its way out of there.

I believe the language used indicated farming enough to be noticeable, not simply going there and poking your head around. You’re not prohibited from going to the new zones, you’re prohibited from hogging everything that is intended for new players.

sandbox does not mean without rules, my guy. It means you are not stuck to linear gameplay progression.

You’re the barney fife around these parts, you tell me.

Besides, you wont be able to smartbomb in exordium. Stuck to green safety setting.

I am not sure what to take away from your post. It appears you are simply riled up by CCP saying veterans cant suck up all of exordium.

I think if you arent a tool about it and dont go crazy trying to get every last rock that spawns you will likely be ok. Of course, that is assuming someone hasnt been saying for the last few days they would be going around reporting everyone in the new systems over 30 days old.

2 Likes

I doubt that I’ll get banned for mining few Venture loads in Exordium, just to see how mining works there. But I’ll let you know how it goes. o7

Or maybe you want to join me in this mining expedition? We both could do one cargohold. \o/ The point is not to grief the whole region, so that newbros can’t complete the tutorial, my guy.

And why are you so bitter about being robbed off opportunity to consistently farm “Veldspar -50%”? You might as well uninstall the game at this point, right?

1 Like

I’ll believe that when I see it.

CCP sure as ■■■■ aren’t banning many botters and input broadcasters, even when they’re damn obvious about it.

1 Like

I agree, instead they have this new area planned with keep off the grass signs. That is according to the developer’s statement in the forum. They also never quantified what amount of mining is too much. They said ‘noticeable’ mining. The man talks more like a banker and makes about much sense as a politician.

Well it my carebear opinion, they should have left things the way they were ( currently are at present ) and made a much better in game tutorial instead. I might be a casual alpha carebear, but I am not some new player crying the game is too hard. With this new area, did anyone say, if they plan to make a better introductory tutorial? I bet they get that same video of the place blowing up and you making a narrow escape in your pod.

Aura should introduce the new player to the window system while in dock, then show them how the windows change in space. After that they should jump to the first career agent to get them started. Optionally give them skip buttons and optional immunity from target lock in HS for 1 week at most. Even then, that seems like it would be abused. That is why I say, it is better not to fix what is not broken.

I see this as their attempt to get fresh people into the game. I was brought in here by a friend who already enjoys Eve Online. If you can’t get your friends to stick around, then the game is simply not meant for them. When they open the region, there will be a rush of players, some new and some vets. I won’t be one of them. Then it will settle back to business as usual. CCP will look for other means to attract players and the current players will complain about their next idea.

Have fun!

1 Like

Tutorial doesn’t matter when people choose to turn off the tutorial.

Okay, now i have to ask you a question.

You think that all vets are just going in there to be safe? Why is it so difficult to understand that most of us dont give 2 shits about being safe. Many of us that support what this game is all about are not going there to be safe. It would be safe to say that a very tiny portion of vet players would even do that…and im sure that group even isnt worried about it that much.

Again, just so nobody is misunderstanding me. I fully support ganking…always have and always will.

My thrill in this game is the danger…looking over my shoulder…watching out for you, for aiko, for anyone that has objectives of making other people aware of what they should have done instead of the poor choices they in fact did.

Please dont make it something its not. Vets are not going there to be in a safe haven. Theyre going there to make sure the game lures in the new blood, the players that will be here when youre gone…so that this spectroverse will continue.

3 Likes

Then they are Mr. Know-it-all and they have no one to blame but their own arrogance.

Have fun!

2 Likes

those are usually the ones running to rookie chat.. i get some people skip tutorials in several games.. i do too depending on the game im playing..

3 Likes

spilling-spits

1 Like

And who the hell appointed you as Eve God to tell everyone else how to play the game? It’s nutjobs like you who give Eve such a horrible reputation and why the game’s stagnant.

But you go ahead and jump on the newbie gank wagon and see how fast CCP terminates your ability to play.

1 Like

I’m not sure what else I expected from someone unable to read and or comprehend the first three 4 sentences in my statement but I apparently expected too much.

I don’t know what else to expect from a self-appointed sandbox gatekeeper. Another moron added to my block list.

1 Like

LOL

The mentality of blocking people who share conflicting views rather than engaging with them in discussion and debate is the hallmark of fragility, poor social skills and low intelligence. You want the game to be a safe space where “Number Go Up On Wallet” and nothing can harm you? No one said anything about ganking newbies in this entire thread save for many people, including myself, stating that newbies should be left alone.

You lack basic reading comprehension skills and your post proves it. You lash out and sling insults because you can’t engage with my argument. The hypocrisy is also amazing. You’re simply the opposite side of the coin.

So who appointed you as “EVe God” that gets to say the game should be safer? Your OPINION is no more correct or incorrect than mine. You’re in this thread doing the same thing as me by counter-arguing against my argument. I say White and you say Black while chastising and slinging insults at me for saying one color is better.

So this isnt you? Unless you mean your targeting vets who plan on helping the young bloods

I suggest you read my post two after that if you need clarification on my stance.

Literally the first 4 lines state:

“Don’t conflate my disgust for risk aversion safe spaces for some sort of anti new player retention mindset. That’s not the point. The point is that it’s never going to be enough for you people.”

But you knew that as you’ve been following and posting in the thread. You’re the very type of player that I hope gets hit in the camps that are coming. You stripped out everything else I said and dishonestly attempted to make it come off as a binary choice: Either I was referring to targeting newbies or the people who help them. In reality, there’s another choice.

So no, I mean to target people like you who will sit in there and play Hello EVE Highsec Island Adventure.

i could give 2 shits less about going there… its NOT WORTH IT for someone over 30 days to go there and do anything other than mentor new players.

the ONLY time i will be there, and not with this name, is when i create new soe pullers.

1 Like

Then why are you so up in arms? I’ve clearly stated, multiple times, that no one wants to target newbies or those who help them.

OH! So this is what people were referring to about using alts to support a post. Geeze…

1 Like

why are you bitching about the pvp free zone.

this is the only name i post with.

Read my posts as I’ve quite clearly explained why I view this as a terrible idea. You seem to have ignored a huge portion of this thread.

Also, you should school your vulgarity. Swearing doesn’t make your statement more correct, hit harder or sway the person your debating with to your side.

This.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if CCP has data showing the Trig invasion hurt new player retention. That might explain why the Drifter crisis was so much less impactful by comparison.

Having new players start in Exordium will give the devs more freedom to stir things up Empire space. I’m looking forward to that.

3 Likes