Separate Space for Newbies?

“Having new players start in Exordium will give the devs more freedom to stir things up Empire space. I’m looking forward to that.”

That’s a good point. I wouldn’t be surprised if the invasion spooked newbies, either. One of the worst things for player retention is losing a ship and not actually understanding what they did wrong and thus being unable to learn how to avoid it next time.

I found that blocking people is just silly really…unless its just absolutely justified to do otherwise. Most of the time, theyre my entertainment.

locked

@Godfrey_Penderghast

Im not sure where youre going with this objective. I just hope that whatever it is…is that youre actually teaching, and not griefing.

:rose:

2 Likes

No one wants to target newbies. Pretty sure not even Aiko singles them out.

I want the game to go on longer than it has been, trust me.. but you started out getting defensive saying vets should be locked out, newbros if leaving shouldn’t get back in, shouldn’t be able to give isk to our alts or new players…

Am I missing something here? I didn’t see any of that posted here?

You don’t think that common sense protections should exist?

If you want to give ISK to your alts, you can do it AFTER they’re out.

If experienced players want to help they can roll an alt and keep it inside to guide new players. Heck, I’ll probably be doing that myself. When properly guided, new players learn EVE and stick around.

None of my statements above prevent what you seem to be after, they simply prevent abuse of the system.

He’s referring to my original “THIS SOUNDS ABUSABLE AS HECK! IT NEEDS SAFEGUARDS” post that I made right after the NEN came out when we had no other information available to us about the place.

I didnt either, but…what was posted is yet another huge over exaggeration of whats really going to happen.

What i think is after the big honeymoon is over, things will settle down, and we’ll never hear about this very much any more.

Ideas about content not released yet can bring out the very beast in some people at times. Im also trying to train myself of it. Im still as of this day cautiously optimistic on how it will all play out.

2 Likes

“What i think is after the big honeymoon is over, things will settle down, and we’ll never hear about this very much any more.”

I want to believe this.

At this point I think that most if not all Exordium perma-campers have already given up. haha

Be at ease my gentle giant…heres a flower.

:rose:

I think it will all play out just fine…but it does need time to settle in. If this new zone contributes to new player made content that doesnt involve anything against tos then thats a huge plus for everyone.

1 Like

Yes. as I stated, I have a friend here who invited me. I was able to skip the tutorial. Out of curiosity, I did watch it once. I found it lacked the needed ‘user interface’ information. This is why putting all the effort into a new and improved tutorial would have been better.

Have fun!

1 Like

would you believe me if i told you ccp has updated the tutorial at least twice already?

1 Like

And now bully gwankers lurking around rookies with their extortion schemes are the reason for the requirement to update rookie safety.

Glares

I dont even recall there being a tutorial when i started playing…and if there were one, i must have completely ignored it unwillingly…or just didnt flat know it even existed.

I was fortunate to be taught by real players in my infancy.

That running away was the best option.

Runner :person_running:

I’m pretty sure our current tutorial is the fourth iteration. Fifth if we count the “PLEX store tutorial” as a separate incarnation.

When I started the tutorial said “go to this site and kill the pirate”. I went there, and there was no pirate, so I asked in chat and got told the tutorial sucks, go mine instead. So I mined, found it pretty boring, figured out how to do missions, found them pretty boring, went back to AFK mining to earn my way up to a cruiser so I could do harder missions, and so on. Having run the new tutorial, I’m not entirely convinced it’s actually better than the version I got. “Fit a gun to your venture so you can kill anyone who tries to attack you”, “fit a web to your ship so enemies can’t warp away” and “fit a point to your ship so enemies can’t warp away” without making a clear distinction between the two, not actually showing the player how to sign up for and participate in FW, etc. At least the tutorial I got was so bad I had to ask other players for directions.

1 Like

You mean winning

Im winning. :trophy:

1 Like

I did.
Seems liked a good idea at the time

vOv

This, but I do want newbies to be able to target veteran carebears, I fear they’ll stay in Exordium and not do that as much any more.