Separate Space for Newbies?

I clicked reply on your post. If the post is directly the next one, the forum does not insert who you are answering to as it supposes it is clearly understandable by the order of the posts.

Offtopic

How is it clearly understandable, if nobody can tell if you clicked reply to the last comment or clicked reply at the bottom of the thread…

And where is the reply to my post? Or how is your reply related to my question?

This thread is just making me sad. Time to touch some grass.

I answered your question with a series of questions you could think about to answer your own question. It is called the socratic method.

But in case you could not understand my point, i also gave a more detailed explanation in the same post.

Fine.

Answering to Socrates

To quickly dump loot. Avoid hauling if the order is regional. How is this related to my question?

Idk, to dump loot, liquidity, etc. How is this related to my question?

Roleplaying would be one explanation. Maybe they acquired these materials while AFK or trough botting, so they consider them “free”. How is this related to my question?

O.K. At least I’m not inventing issues that don’t even exist.

Oh, I’m well aware of this. I’m one of “these” players myself. I don’t min-max, nor hold ISK as a priority. I do list (Superior Gallente) shuttles on the market, for other reasons than ISK. For example.
But how is this related to my question? I get that some players don’t care about ISK, but the big majority does. Does that “make some sense to you”?
My question was about how or why would Exordium become “the new premier trading hub” where almost all players shop. Do you think Exordium is going to rival Jita or Amarr, for example?

Are these remote regions … the premier trading hubs? Do almost all people shop there?

How big of an impact do these few players have? Are these palyers generating this big part of the item volume in the game? Do you really think these players are such a big factor to make Exordium into “the new premier trading hub.”? Just by the sheer will of few players mining few available low grade minerals in this remote region, as per your example?

Most materials won’t even be available there, so you’ll need to import them. Why would most players import most of the items into this market, with higher taxes, while they can just dump it directly in their regional market and have a higher margin? Again:

I think you just didn’t understand my question, Socrates. ^

Exordium will definitely have a market. But I can’t see why would most players stop trading in their regional trade hubs and go all the way to Exordium and pay higher taxes. Or would they? Why?

Socratic method yourself. Try it.

Lol, James/Aiko … what a Joke.

You Guys are just Slaves to some kind of narcissistic Cult “Leader” Wannabes, which are know for catching the (mental) weaks.

1 Like

There was once a man who worked at CCP who said…
“HIGHSEC IS ITS OWN END-GAME”.
This viewpoint is correct but it doesn’t matter and will not be fixed.

This newb area safespace is simply the next step toward and end result that will eventually become reality as CCP and null desires. They already have the infrastructure setup for it to become the central safe space that replaces what we currently call highsec and delegates the old highsec to what I will now call GankSec.
All companies die in this way when they fail to maintain neutrality and a role as monopoly breakers.
The activity CCP wants to drive us all into is huge fleet battles that are so terrible with time dilation that no streamer would highlight the content. You are playing the game wrong, in their eyes, if you want otherwise.
CCP does not care about anything but money and the only groups opinion that matters is nullsec. They and nullsec combined see highsec as only a safe space, funnel and recruitment ground for the benefit of nullsec. (Just like eve-echoes)
A player revolt against this mindset already caused the downfall of the TTT which was a direct result of this same mentality. They previously wanted highsec to be passive tax farm for PH also on top of all this. Anyway, enough for now. Nothing I say matters anyway. Ill prob come back next year just to see if there is any hope. (ps i dont care about replies, I seriously wont read it as the forum is a joke also.)

3 Likes

Gosh. You are assuming that everyone in the game makes decisions based on rationality. I’m pretty sure the people carrying 250bn worth of stuff in a shuttle, or the recent case were I shot a Catalyst carrying 11.5bn worth of implants, disprove any such notion.

1 Like

I’m not sure if I get it either.

They seem to hinge on the idea that Exordium exists because of ganking, but we all know it is more because of baddies like Triglavians. Either way, highsec can be somewhat scary too, but it is so not just because of PvP, but also PvE events. Seeing how future expansions will focus on highsec, Exordium makes sense to me. I’m not sure why they only consider some nefarious null influence here?

CCP does want people to participate in fleets and null, true. In part this could help player retention, etc. There is a big difference between player genuinely being uninterested in null and being afraid or having no clue how to get involved in null.

CCP also acknowledged that highsec people are a valid part of playerbase and that it is a valid way to play EVE.

Am I missing something, or is @SnowDrifted just paranoid a bit?

Really? This:

That behaviour is a tad bit irrational. The “free” mineral part. ^

No, people don’t always act “rationally”. Why do you think I’d assume that, while I explicitly mentioned some “irrational” behaviours myself?
So, for example, you think Jita will die and everyone will move to Exordium? Simply on the basis of the whole player base, apparently, being irrational?

To put my utterly cynical hat on…having a big bunch of eternal ‘noobs’ sitting in Exordium is sort of the equivalent of ‘camping’ in MMOs like Second Life…where people are encouraged to hang around and the real reason is traffic stats.

Well, I do believe that Exordium will attract some new players, just because PvP free zone is what they always wanted. Let’s say EVE will get another +200 players to install the game and plex their account, while they stay in Exordium. And?

You scared the ■■■■ outta me, you saying triglavians are going to be back popping stuff?

I mean, I was joking when I said they just need to use their NPCs to get economy in place…

Oh yes…I got 11.5bn worth of stuff ‘free’…so, I’m just gonna fly it all to Jita 4-4 in a glass cannon knowing that there’s people like Gloria sitting there Eagle eyed just waiting to relieve me of it. Hmm.

I mean…a RATIONAL person would have docked up anywhere but 4-4 and waited for the suspect timer to end.

Umm, I’m not sure if I follow. (Haven’t slept that well.)

But yes, CCP will do more events and expansions in highsec. There is a very big likelyhood that we will get more stuff like that. That’s partially the reason for Exordium.

I’m not sure if people are really thinking that way. I doubt that their goal is to “got 11.5bn worth of stuff <…> just gonna fly it all to Jita 4-4 in a glass cannon <…> waiting to relieve me of it.”

I think that some players are just ignorant, willing to chance it, have false sense of safety, whatever.

Anyway, how is this related to my comment or what are you trying to figure out here?

But here’s the thing. I’d have left EVE within 6 weeks had it not been for PvP. I’d have left from sheer boredom. And the problem is, without PvP…Exordium is going to be even more boring than highsec currently is.

CCP once posted stats showing that ONLY 1% of people who leave EVE within the first 2 weeks were ganked. Now why do you suppose the other 99% left ? What is different about Exordium that’s gonna make them stay ? With the risk factor…one of THE things that makes the game exciting…eliminated…why are noobs gonna have MORE reason to stay ?

I’m trying to figure out why CCP never listen to the cautious carebears such as myself…not really a ‘natural’ PvP-er despite all the PvP I have done…who understand exactly how noobs work and think.

You can not really participate in Exordium for 6 weeks. After 4 weeks people will get flagged as veterans or whatever…

I’m aware. So ganking or no ganking is pretty irrelevant beacause even if you had PvP it would only affect ~1% of newbros.

It is not about staying, but more about people willing to install the game. We’ve been trough this already…

SPAM

The idea here is more about more noobs willing to install the game in the first place. So think about possible installs, not just retention.

Well, maybe they already considered everything you had to say. Maybe you don’t really understand how noobs work and think. Idk.

Well that’s the point I made earlier. CCP have stated that older players will be allowed into Exordium to help noobs. How’s that going to work, if players older than 6 weeks get ‘flagged’ ?

Well…big fleet battles can be epic and I’ve been in quite a few. But, after a while one starts to be grateful that its the noobs who can’t keep up with the FC who are being shot…and not oneself. Oh…there goes me being cynical again.