Serenity a new start and a new era

EVE’s not like other games though. Server reset on WoW = no big deal. People will lose some rare drops that they’ll need to farm again but their main character will be blinged out in a few weeks. Server reset on EVE = possibly over a decade of character progression gone, and any real money spent on character progression flushed down the toilet. Unacceptable IMO.

So what?
This is the way the mmog world works today…and this is the way all of EVE will be in a year…it has to or it will perish…about time you accept this simple fact…

This nothing about "corruption…it is about accepting the mmog reality 2018/2019…2003 is long dead…please let it rest in peace…

Where is your point…it’s no real loss just virtual stuff…no court in the whole world woud even accept a sue about it…

Face the reality…this is a game…

Take me where I cannot stand.
I don’t care, I’m still free,
You can’t take the sky from me

2 Likes

Why would anyone try to advertise anything but charity handouts of dole to the newbies? Anyone of note is already mass manufacturing anything they need within their respective space.

No room for t1 manufacturing, t2 barely struggling along its almost better to be a miner than it is to be a manufacturer. No room for capital or supercap builders, once you account for the saturation of those critical assets and the ease of building them. The buyers market is tiny.

Too much stuff being built not enough stuff being killed.

1 Like

Actually you might be wrong with that, if the game was shutting down entirely or being replaced with an entirely new game (destiny 1 to destiny 2) then sure you might have a point, but just wiping the entire server after 15 years for what essentially amounts to “shits and giggles” isn’t going to fly because CCP will expect people to essentially play the same game again from day 1, the reset here is much more likely down to the original publisher refusing to share the player data rather than some experiment in trying to reboot the server to fix things, thing is the population data for the new server will be tainted in china because its going to be relaunching with alpha status so the people who were put off by the subscription may give the game a look, so its going to be hard to accurately tell how many of those players are returning players

I still stand by the fact that most veteran players will not bother returning to TQ if it were ever reset as nothing would actually “change” as people would still rush the most optimal paths to get back to where they were in terms of assets and resources and the blue donut would be reborn again, there wouldn’t be any actual difference except for the lack of the perceived gap between old characters and new characters, which would still exist because experience and skill trumps SP in most scenarios anyway

1 Like

IF the servers were to be reset and everything go back to day 1… after 8 years on and off of this game, it would be a permanently log off for me.

You sure you have answered to post you wanted to?
Because i don’t see connection between my post and your answer.

Imagine a complete reset. I would be there with my friend grabbing the names of the leaders and directors of the large corporations ans alliances. Also taking most of their corp names. Then when most give up we have already set up a system for organising a large alliance. Primary focus will be reporting botters as they will win if not tackled early.

Quantity isn’t actually the issue. Quantity is fine, but quality is lacking. We had a decade of low amounts of influx, but these were capable people willing to accept the harshness and challenges EVE provided.

As CCP has shifted towards attracting farmers who do not wish to play for playing’s sake, but for rewards, actual quality people who create content - which act as multipliers who increase the amount of subscriptions because they create activity and happy players - simply don’t join in at a rate that matters. Worse, those we still have (though nullsec FCs do not actually create content, but at least help others finding it) appear to be leaving semi-regularly.

I will add a graph to disproove that when I get back at my PC.

Disprove what? That quality matters more than quantity?

Go ahead! I’d love pointing out all the things you’ve missed because you didn’t spend enough time thinking it through! In the same spirit would i love being shown that I’m wrong, though. : D

People seemed not to be able to play EVE Online due to being confronted with bored people forcing quality content on struggling players.

What kind of people force what kind of content onto what kind of other people? You can’t just leave out the keyword “quality” and get away with it. : )

Said CCP to PA as they forfeited their ~500 mil bonus. Sure. You are right and the owners and shareholder are wrong. Time will tell, business analyst, time will tell.

It was a secret that wardecs were a problem, right? You even replied in those threads… but you just want to troll. Do you think your posts are qualitative? Or quantative just like mine?

Wow.

Are you actually capable of having a conversation, or is all you can do pulling the “troll” card when someone tries talking to you about things? I even mentioned that I am looking forward to being wrong.

Do you have anything substantial to say, or is this weak cop-out all you can do? Show me that graph. Let’s talk about it. I am sure you’ll be missing things, but I can be wrong.

Go create it.
Show me!

We have 32k accounts logged in. 300 accounts created every day. That is a monetary possibility. CCP and PA want to make money from that potential.

You say they are wrong to want to maximize profit. Feel free to explain them how they can enjoy their quality millions in stead of their quantitive billions.

I don’t care if i am wrong, because this is not about me as I am not CCP or PA or own any shares. It is probably not about you either.

I just stated a financial reason about what drives PA and CCP. Feel free to say I am wrong in my assumption share holders would prefer quality $5 in stead of quantity $50.

Hey, i am sorry my answer might have come off strong. I just disagree with the quality over quantity in players. Look at the forums, its all quantity and low quality. There are some players that put a lot of time and effort in organising things that is nice but like in most games they are few. A lot of potential casual players are probably out there and they need a lot of time to learn the game.

I’m not saying you’re wrong. I think we’re not talking about the same things, or you’re missing a few.

You’re not wrong that quantitiy brings in money, but it’s not as lasting as getting quality people in here who actually manage to make other people stay in the game instead of eventually quitting out of boredom.

It’s the same with the solo miner thing. You believe CCP doesn’t care, yet all evidence points at the opposite. Quantity represents the masses of solo miners, which undoubtedly make up a huge number of people. Yet CCP does not seem to cater to them. The opposite is true, because of good reasons.

CCP is aware that social bonds increase the chance of people staying longer.

A long time player, for EVE, is better than a short time player. They tend to create more accounts and due to the fact that everyone who is social helps binding others to them, they’re an even bigger win.

CCP activeky tried (and failed horribly with the execution) of getting people to group up with young miners to run content.

Resource Wars. No matter how bad it was, there clearly was an attempt to get people to see the benefits of grouping up.

NPC miners, both pirates and corporate ones

Resource starvation. Humans tend to group up when resources start running low, because grouping up increases efficiency and chance of survival. This failed yet again, so far at least, mostly because solo miners tend to not want to adapt. Imo there are still too many resources freely available, and there isn’t yet enough reason for new miners to realise the benefits of grouping up compared to staying solo.

Think about this: if we lived in a universe where everyone understood that miners are actually an important resource, we’d not be in this mess. We’d have corporations actively trying to grab and defend “territory” (belts and moons) to make sure they have more resources available than others. More resources = more ships = more power = attracting more people to them.

This is what CCP has been, and is still trying to achieve, based on what they’ve implemented in the last months. When you ignore what they’re doing, though, it’s of course logical to assume that they don’t give a crap about who joins the game.

I give you that they’ve spent a long time not giving a crap. They have spent at least a year trying to do a lot of things to boost numbers (especially microtransactions) to put themselvws into a better position for an/the acquisition, but that’s simply not sustainable in EVE.

So now, slowly, they’re changing their ways again. Signs of this happening are, for example, EVE Pulse, dalmost daily World News, their willingness to finally tackle wars (which automatically contains significant changes to highsec as a whole), the latest blogs regarding bots, rmt and bannings, which likely make a regular appearance now.

Now, after the deal is done, they’re slowly changing their ways again. The whole last year+ before the deal they’ve been actively trying to get into a better position, and now that that is done they’re on their way trying to get that bonus and a happy population.

2 Likes