Serpentis DED solo BS build - 7/10 or 8/10

I have only ever run DED nullsec complexes with others and want to try the easier ones solo now. I live in Serpentis space so this will be geared toward them. Here is a Domi build I dreamed up but any advice in ship, strategy or guide along these lines would be helpful. (I can fly Gallente and Caldari HAC’s too).

[Dominix, Serpentis Null Theory - DED]

Damage Control II
Armor Thermal Hardener II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Large Armor Repairer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 800
Drone Navigation Computer II
100MN Afterburner II
Stasis Webifier II
Cap Recharger II

425mm Medium ‘Scout’ Autocannon I, Phased Plasma M

Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Large Trimark Armor Pump I

Caldari Navy Wasp x5
Caldari Navy Vespa x5
Caldari Navy Hornet x5

(PS: yes I know I am using Cruiser guns on a BS but the DPS drop was only 20 dps. Add in the better tracking and lower cap usage and I thought it a worthwhile tradeoff. Keep in mind the primary damage is the drones, the guns are just to help with smaller ships.)

Thank you all for your help.

Scrap the Cap Recharger and fit an MJD. That will help you a lot more in both 7 and 8/10, in particular in the last rooms in both plexes. Since you left a lot of open space in your drone bay, bring Warden for the sniping. Depending on the room, you either slowboat towards the next gate while the Wasp shred the NPC or you MJD away above/below the next gate, let your Warden kill almost the entire room, MJD back to the gate and approach it/orbit it while your Wasp take care of the remaining ships and your MJD cools down.

I’m not sure about the cap booster. The charges will eat into your rewards considerably and it’s a pain to procure them in Null sec outside a busy hub. I would argue for a Large Cap Battery instead. Absolute cap stability is not really necessary. You just need to destroy the NPC quick enough so that your repairer can eventually keep up with the incoming damage. This shouldn’t be too hard with Serpentis as they do not have that many ships that can hit you at very long range; most ships need to get very close to deal damage to you.

4 Likes

About your fit:
cap boosters are… not great. you have limited cargo space ~30navy boosters max, ~20regular ones.
100mn ab… you got a sig of battleship. not cruiser. it will not work great.
web is for brawling? but you got 100mn ab so you want to speedtank at the same time?

Here is what i… pyfad:

Domi fit

[Dominix, Serpentis Null Theory - DED v2]

Dark Blood Energized Kinetic Membrane
Reactive Armor Hardener
Corpus X-Type Large Armor Repairer

Large Micro Jump Drive
Large Cap Battery II
Large Cap Battery II
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Anti-Thermal Pump I

Caldari Navy Hornet x5
Caldari Navy Wasp x5
Caldari Navy Vespa x5
Caldari Navy Warden x5

Its not cap stable, and i dont think you “need” to make it cap stable.
it’s got enough cap to outrep 900dps for 11minutes (thats enough time to mjd out/kill some dps)

idea:
mjd out, blap as many things as you can with sentryes, then when your sentries cant track deploy heavies and facetank them.

P.S. if you can fly gallente hac you can go for 100mn shield ishtar.
Maybe fit an artillery cannon to generate some agro.

Ishtar

[Ishtar, sepr 7+8 / 10]

Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Pith C-Type Thermal Dissipation Field
100MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Drone Link Augmentor II
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Medium Core Defense Operational Solidifier I
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

Wasp II x5

3 Likes

i would take heavy neuts instead of guns
because dirty cruisers gonna wanna catch you
so you wanna neut them out so you can escape

I think you have the DED complexes confused. The 7/10 is much harder than the 8 and 10/10. I did the latter two in a Myrmidon but don’t tell anyone.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

Here is my modified Domi for further review.
(kept guns, changed to Large Cap Battery w/ MJD, can run Armor repper for over 8 minutes straight, changed last rig to Anti-Therm and changed DCII to Drone Damage Amp II) (also, I am sticking to T2 and Meta modules for the build plan, better gear will just make this . . . better)

[Dominix, Serpentis Null Theory - DED]

Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Large Armor Repairer II

Large Micro Jump Drive
100MN Afterburner II
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
Large Cap Battery II

Large Anti-Thermal Pump I

Caldari Navy Wasp x5 - main drone
Caldari Navy Vespa x5
Caldari Navy Hornet x5
Caldari Navy Warden x5

Thank you for the feedback. Will try 8/10 first since that seems to be the consensus ‘easiest’ to try.

I would leave them turret entirely of the hull.

Use sentries and only sentries. Do yourself a favor and put drone control thingies and some medium remote shield boosters in your highs and put a mwd on there.

You may also want a tractor beam for them Shadow Serpentis wrecks.

As for the nature of DED complexes, you may also want to make your rep cap stable since you will be “primary” for a while and that rep is your staying power, so ccc rigs and a nano accelerator will be a better choice.

Note:

On Tuesday do not use any drones for pve. It appears to be the “eat my drones naow day” for some reason. No, this is no joke. Don’t believe me? Try out next Tuesday oh and Saturdays.

I’ve run 7/10s with a cap stable dual rep Deimos, no problem. It is so fast that it is perhaps a good option for the 7/10 site, where there are lots of rooms and several loot drops from ships. No structures to grind down.

The web towers in the 8/10, 10/10 sites can make it tricky in the HAC. If you do get blapped, remember that rats never kill your pod. So, don’t warp off without bookmarking your wreck. I know that sounds obvious, but I’m not the only one to have done it.

The Maruader is the go to ship for DED, though. It is built for that role, and makes life pretty simple.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.