Severely off topic, OLD:: Sisters Of Eve - afraid?

Because authoritarian organisations don’t get rid of dissenters if they are only small?

I don’t want to put words in your mouth but is that what you are meaning?

No, I’m meaning your claim is demonstrably false. You claimed that your being able to have this conversation proves you’re not using CONCORD-controlled cloning facilities. It proves nothing of the sort. You have offered no proof of it, and instead keep seeking to shift the argument into something else.

2 Likes

Well the “argument” I put forward was why Capsuleers are happy to let the Empires tell them what to do.

Then I was told I couldn’t be one without CONCORD.

And so Im now asking; why does CONCORD tolerate dissent?

simply because we are not a threat.

1 Like

Fair enough, though I was under the impression the capsuleer states were larger with bigger fleets at their disposal.

But ok, that’s cool.

… are you demented? Do you have any idea what kind of resources and assets the Empires have at their disposal? Capsuleer “states” are piss drops in the ocean in comparison.

1 Like

No, sorry.

I obviously got this whole thing back to front. Sorry for the confusion.

No, the ‘argument’ you put forth was:

Which is also, so far as anyone knows, false, because they can just turn you off at any time. You were challenged on this, and decided to make the statement I quoted above.

As for whether or not we present a threat to CONCORD, or the size of our fleets…

Right now, the combined null blocs can mass fewer than 3000 titans, at a generous estimate. That’s it. And if they pose a threat, CONCORD will just… what’s that thing again? Oh yeah…

Turn them off. Because your pod, that thing we don’t actually understand as well as people like to think we do, that’s also built under license from CONCORD, and they can shut it down.

1 Like

Ok, I concede. Im very new at this, and Im sorry, I dont know this stuff very well yet.

1 Like

Fair enough. Welcome to our little corner of perdition, where everyone’s miserable and makes one another’s lives even worse by being social. Don’t take any of it personally, or you’ll drive yourself mad. :wink:

1 Like

For all our “power” is an illusion
we use concord sanctioned factories.
we use stargate controlled by concord
even the “states” ruled by capsuleers exists because they pay their rent to CONCORD, meaning that all the bureaucracy is managed by them.

now, imagine a faction of capsuleer manage to unite them all (let’s pretend for a second that’s possible), and declare war to the empires.

lock of all stargates.

they are trapped where they are.
the only ships that can pass are subcapitals, and they know where you will arrive., allowing them to prepare a nice and warm welcome ^^

but okay, let’s say that the capsueleers manage to persist and get a few victories.

now concord disable the alliances vaults and accounts.

how long do you think this hypothetical alliance will last?

hours, days maybe, not more before we tear each other apart.

((OOC: oh you are new on the IGS ? then welcome and sorry if we were a bit rude earlier ^^")

2 Likes

((OOC::
@Ramona_McCandless
in fact you are “right” in a sense: it IS possible to be free of the locks of concord. Pirates manage it okay (not well but okay) and there ARE illegal cloning facilities, but in term of lore, doing it is very risky, illegal and dangerous for your infomorph.
The reason of the difficulty for us to set up such things is that all our money go through the SCC, the “bank” managed by CONCORD, so buying all we need to have for it will not go unnoticed.

If you do some mission, there is a few mission exactly on killing a rogue capsuleer, where you have to destroy his cloning facility and then kill him for good

More largely, good luck on the IGS and getting into the lore ^^ if you have any questions on the lore, never hesitate to ask ^^ here or ingame by mails I always respond to lore questions ^^ ))

EDIT:: ((I forgot to mention that there is also illegal stargates, banks, industry facilities, etc. So it IS possible, in the lore, to do it, but in terme of game, we are limited to being capsulleer under the leash of concord ^^))

3 Likes

((Its totally fine, really, I leapt in with both feet without thinking, I hope I wasnt too rude to you guys either. ))

2 Likes

((oh no, don’t worry, I’ve seen much worse on my start on the IGS too XD
but do ask your questions if you have some, I’ll just have to restart the thread, but no big deal ^^))

2 Likes

((Oh sorry! I didnt mean to cause that! But I shall watch and learn more before joining in again, thank you))

no no, DO participate.

Just, If I can advise you a little: choose a role easier to incarnate at first.

For exemple, keeping this “anti concord” theme, start by playing the new capsuleer with broken dreams, like imagine you did your academy for capsuleer dreaming of grandeur, freedom, power, etc
only to discover that everything you do is managed and limited by concord.

so you start to seek means to escape it, maybe find a few ones, and include them little by little in your character’s history.
Of course it’s an example, you could also be an pirate infiltrator trying to discredit CONCORD, or anything really ^^

And once again, if you have questions, Do contact me and ask ^^

3 Likes

((as someone who jumped in the deep end feet first as well, you’ll be fine, just make sure to remember anything you say that’ll define you (write it down or something) because other people will get confused, ya know?))

3 Likes

((Even if it is cery true, I would temperate by saying that characters are not unalterable, for ex the kyonoke plague left a deep strain on umbre. It is only my opinion of course, but characters should be evolving on years, so even if you write something you can change it after.

It do require more work tho ^^ ))

3 Likes

((oh of course, but if you talk about your “father’s great struggle” then a month later your an orphan and never knew your father there leads alot to question about your characters sanity in the eyes of others. That is unless that’s what going for.))

3 Likes

((Of course ^^
I was talking about long time frames ^^))

2 Likes