Ship/Cargo Scanner to give penalty e.g. suspect timer

I read it as you saying the profit wasn’t enough for the effort. Which it usually isn’t.

If ganking were as easy and risk free as you imply why isn’t everyone doing it? There is no guarantee that you we be able to scoop the loot or it will even drop, plus there are all the costs associated with negative security status you have to deal with.

This is drifting off topic to the standard ganking thread though. The topic is the cargo scanner, a simple intel tool that does nothing but provide information about what is going on around you. It already has costs and counters and neither you nor the OP has provided any reason why such a change would make the game better. I get you both think it would reduce the amount of highsec ganking, but I don’t see how that is good for the game. But even if we accept that it is and we want less suicide ganking, why not go with some more direct changes instead of a messing with a intel tool that is harmless in itself?