Ship/Cargo Scanner to give penalty e.g. suspect timer

First thing, you stop with your insults. Calling people whinners because they don’t share your opinion on a topic is an insult.

Second thing, you can make your own thread about dscan making people suspect, thank you bye. I already told you that.

Oh, I have no intention of arguing for Probes or Dscans. But I know you whiny brats will next month if someone gives in to your complaints against Scanners.

“Mom, he looked at me… And I don’t like it.”

Scanning your ship is harmless. It’s the bullets and missiles that do harm. And those will Flag the aggressor, as well they should. But scans alone will not hurt you. Nothing in this entire (lengthy) thread supports your stance. Scanners do not kill you. Scanners do not hurt you. What you’re really complaining about is the part where you get shot and blown up. Scanners are your scapegoat. The real crime, which is already a crime, is being shot in order to steal your cargo.

You keep making blanket statements about what I said or didn’t say without actually quoting where I was supposed to do what you say I did, sometimes outright lying even…

Making false accusations doesn’t prove your point, you know? Where have I mixed the terms you say I’ve mixed?

You don’t understand a thing I say, not even what you say yourself… I didn’t say they don’t know what they want isn’t present, I said they don’t understand WHY it isn’t present…

You sure it’s me, not you, who’s trolling here? Have you bothered to read your own posts even?

That you cannot understand a thing I say, which you keep proving all the time by saying I’ve said or done things I haven’t said nor done, is a problem you have, not something I’m doing wrong…

And which is this other topic I’m imagining and talking about that’s not the one being discussed here, btw?

Of course, so what? You make it look as if I was claiming otherwise…

Have you even bothered to actually read the posts you’re replying to? You keep making false claims about what I have or haven’t said all the time… Do you really expect anyone to believe it’s me and not you who’s trolling here?

I know, that’s what I’m saying too. So what? What does that prove?

Where have I used the wrong meaning?

I know they’re aggressive from the perspective of those proposing the change. This has been crystal clear from the very beginning. What makes you think this is something that needs repeating as if I hadn’t understood it or something?

your posts.

that you now say the opposite with

You say one thing, you say the opposite. That’s polluting the forum.

1 Like

You keep not understanding a thing I say. How is the second quote the opposite of the first?

What I said in the first is that, precisely because I know he was talking about what “aggressive” means from his perspective, that this is not the same as what Crimewatch considers acts of aggression.

How would I have been able to even say what I said in the first quote if what I said in the second wasn’t true, i.e. if I didn’t fully understand he was talking about what “aggressive” means from his own perspective in the first place?

No, polluting the forum is claiming others are saying or doing things they’re neither saying nor doing…

no, in the first post you say he should not use the term aggressive for this. In the second you say you use the term aggressive for this.

you are imposing double standard according to when people have same or different opinion than yours. That’s a troll.

Indeed, the only explanation is that you are a troll.

1 Like

What? Here you’re outright lying again and pretending that proves anything…

Nowhere did I say he should not use the term “aggressive”. WTF are you talking about? Have you read what you quoted yourself?

And there you go again with another lie in the same post. Which double standard?

LOL. Your intellectual abilities are so limited…

that’s actually your own conclusion. Thank you for affirming that makes you a retard.

Told you once already I won’t repeat myself. If you can’t read it once there’s no reason that you can read it another time.

If you feel the need for posting this nonsense because that makes you feel less embarrassed or whatever, that’s fine, by all means post again with more of the same. As long as you don’t add anything to the actual topic being discussed here, I won’t reply, so don’t worry about that.

I just wanted to say I feel sorry for you and hope you’ll someday be able to read what you posted yourself here and how that devaluates anything else you may say in these forums or elsewhere…

well if it means you’ll stop trolling around I’m fine with that.

I won’t go down as to make affirmation on your real life disabilities, becasue that’s against the rules of the forum, which obviously you are not able to understand either.

I don’t care about you IRL, or your pseudo opinion of me IRL. What I care is that you stop polluting the forum with those trolls.

I noticed my hisec hauler alt got cargo scanned 2 jumps out of Uedama while laden with abyssal loot. I docked at a nearby Raitaru and went back to my main. I finished the delivery to sell off in Jita the following day,.

eh. Isn’t that how a discussion happens. Sometimes I am wrong. This is feature request page. Towards CCP I might add.

It’s a forum so everyone get to say something. Hopefully I haven’t tried to shout people down, in the hope of convincing someone.

So take it that “everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if you think it’s wrong.”

I have heard you points, and everyone else has. So…

No its that you’ve started with a specific situation, scanning before a gank, and now you’re trying to shoe horn a Rule of Thumb into it. One you seem to have carefully constructed such that it only applies to this very specific situation. That’s just disingenuous.

Would you have ever thought of it if you didn’t receive such resistance to the idea? Can it even be applied to anything other situation? Will you be pursuing suspect flags for those situations? Cause if not it’s a lie/irrelevant.

You are making no sense. He explains you what he means of aggressive, that is, on the opposite of what you say the cargo scanner goes though the hull while the combat probes do not.

He is not “trying to shoe horn a rule of thumb”. He is just answering your question about why dscan and target probes should not give suspect if the scanner would.

And now you are claiming that answering your question is the same thing as “carefully construct [ a rule ] such that it only applies to this very specific situation [ and is disingenuous ]”. If you didn’t want a constructed answer, don’t ask question, dumbass.

Let me be more clear,

His answer was no better than ‘just because’.

Unless we expect the rule to be followed through in future cases it’s meaningless.

which answer ?

YOUR answer was not better that" I don’t want it". Then what ?

Where he’s deeming anything that ‘trespasses’ or penetrates a hull without permission as aggressive.

He’s used trespass and penetrate to omit probes and dscan and hull to omit cans. And he’d never have said it if they weren’t brought up. Thats disingenuous and it’s meaningless. Or it’s just the same as saying ‘i deem cargo scanners as aggressive just because.’

And nice insult btw,

You are a dumbass because you are blaming him for the answer to a question someone asked.

The question was “why do you consider the scanners aggressive but not the scan nor the probes”. His answer was basically “because the scanner bypass the hull”.
And you are saying he is making up a rules of thumb. That’s completely stupid, he is explaining his point of view when asked.

You are blaming him for making a detail explanation of his opinion, when asked. That’s dumb.

What do you base on to say so ? And even if that was true, then what ?
If nobody asks me if I prefer blue or cyan, I won’t say it, so if I answer this question that makes me “disingenuous and meaningless” ? Dumbass

You just answered my question because I asked you. You would not have otherwise. So you are disingenuous and meaningless ? No, you are just a dumbass.

You just blamed someone for answering the question he was asked. If “dumbass” is not the correct term, then tell me what it is - I genuinely lack the english skills to express myself here. clueless ? idiot ? I don’t know which one conveys the meaning of “acts stupidly and blames other people when they don’t act stupidly”

I believe there is a term we use for this specific case.

Pfft read my posts again.

Making scanners go suspect would be inconsistent with the rest of crimewatch and the rest of scanning/intel.

How did you not pick that up? The both of you.