Ship/Cargo Scanner to give penalty e.g. suspect timer

You mean besides repping the freighter until all the gankers have been CONCORDed?

Don’t assume a way doesn’t exist just because you don’t know how.

alt that grabs intel with no risk is free intel. There is no risk involved, thats why suspect should be introduced.

There is no injury inflicted with remote repairs or sensor boosting but you can get suspect flags with them. Might as well start exploding people in high sec randomly right?

1 Like

So killrights don’t work, Wrdec don’t work, you get free intel with alts using cargo scaners x jumps away from trade hubs and only possible counter othen tha not jumping in is having mass blob of t2 logi. Seems to work as intended than? this is the perfect working as intended system you are defending here? Or it’s just that you know you are abusing the hell out of current mechanics and any possible threat to this is meet with suicide gangers shitposting here calling everyone carebers and git good go back to wow. Truth is there is no valid counter untit at least killrights are working and giving suspect for cargo/ship scaning is just a small step in the right direction to balance it out.

The counter is to not become a victim in the first place. Don’t carry excessive value in a vulnerable ship through high-traffic routes. If you just follow the simple rule for survival you don’t have to worry about suicide ganks.

Perfectly.

It’s a fight, what makes you people think you are ENTITLED to survive solo versus 10-20 other players?

Honestly, it is a little self centered.

You missed a piece. Passive Targeting is optional. Additionally that is cost, not risk.

Man, you just gotta love the double standard of people who are incapable of coherent thoughts.

*Don’t be a victicm (Keep any mechanics that prevent fighting back until it’s too late)
*Don’t carry excessive value (never mind empty freighters get ganked every day)
*Don’t fly a Vulnerable ship (even though the ship class is specifically designed to be vulnerable)

One day you will realize that for most of the player base that makes your gameplay possible the game itself is designed to turn them into victims. The people (who you need in order for the game to function at all) that do those jobs don’t like being victims and suggest changes to balance things out so they can have fun too. The alternative is for them to simply not play (so as to not fly vulnerable ships).

I swear it’s like you are about 5 years old and just can’t understand why everyone else in the world isn’t interested in giving you free candy every day.

Because this entire thread is based on the premise the hauler doesn’t know he is being scanned it is not optional, it is the key component.

Without that you have to lock target, the hauler knows, problem solved.

No… I think they’re crying b/c you got to find out what they had for cargo and fittings without having to peel their ship apart first. Apparently, they feel like they’re entitled to keep their ship’s contents a secret.

What they don’t want to accept, is that Concord doesn’t give a crap about little things like invasion of privacy. They’re only concerned with Big things, like people actually shooting each other with bullets.

No one has said let’s make cargo scanners not work. You can still find out what’s in the target just not risk free as most ganking pvp is.

I see so many replies saying pretty much HTFU to haulers and that they should have people defending them and take absolutely every precaution, but then you look at the flip side and all the ganker needs to do is safely cargo scan and safely press f1 for a guaranteed player pinatas.

I think risk shouldn’t be one way. Even though you’re going to end up sacrificing some tech I frigs with scanners I hear so much aggro about this tiny amount of risk lol from the people saying all this hard ■■■■ about being safe or it’s their fault.

What’s the matter, scared?

warp from ofgrid with 30x talos at 0 to shoot a freighter, it’s a fight! Dude are you for real? In any other space I can probe you down and fight you. Here Wdeck is broken Killrights are bad, and you are protected by concord. And you call it a fight? from blowing all those hulks with catalysts and eating carebear slalt it seems you have became a carebear yourself. after all you are what you eat.

No one Is entitled to survive, it’s about valid counters. ATM there are non viable, and you get risk free itel with cargo scaning alts.

1 Like

This so much, ATM jita is broken you you can blow up JF’s Risk free, with free intel x jumps from the trade hub.

It’s surreal how unbalanced this is since there is good open way for people to get revange on those dudes. ATM it’s a classic Police protect the criminal situation. For ganking in highsec you should lose faction standing and members of caldari militia should be able to shoot people with below -5 standing with caldari state or something.

“Risk vs Reward”

Here’s the problem with the circular logic going on in this thread…

“I want to buy a cheap shitty T1 Hauler, deck it out for total Cargo space w/o any thought of Tank… And then I want to fill it full of Ridiculously expensive cargo, and fly it on Autopilot 50 jumps across space”

“Okay… Well, we’ll call that the Reward. So the Risk for that is going to be the possibility that someone will come along with a Cargo or Ship Scanner, determining that you have no defenses and a lot of valuables. And then they’ll kill you and take it.”

“Okay… Well, we’ll call being able to scan my ship and cargo a Reward. And so we need to make a Risk of scanning. Like… We’ll say that instead of getting Flagged for shooting me after you’ve determined I’m wealthy and defenseless, we’ll Flag you just for looking.”

So… when do we stop trying to relabel the Risks as someone else’s Reward, and tell people they need to just suck it up and play the game? You guys are the ones undocking with too much loot and not enough effort into surviving the trip.

Dude, they are blowing up emty JF’s with 35x talos no matter the fit. The only circular logic in this thread is gangers pretending Highsec ganking is not broken.

Let’s take a look at those Jita Freighter kills, shall we?

3x iStab IIs

3x Nano IIs

3x Expanded Cargo IIs

3x iStab IIs

Like I said, if you undock without considering your survival outside the door… I have no sympathy for you. These guys are fitting things that LOWER your EHP. You’re making it EASIER for them to kill you.

Cry me a river.

Open Pyfa or eft, full tank or no bulhead those JF’s are not going to survive so many taloses. your argument is dead in the water. Again, ganker have free risk free intel with cargo scaning alts, lose of standing means nothing since the introduction of concord tags. Killrigs are very easy to rid of when made publick and wardecking is kill. After you score a kill you just dock up wait out the timer and undock to score another kill with 0 penalty while shouting git good go back to wow cry me a river. This is blatant abuse and thats all there is to it.

Thats Why there suspect timer is a very good idea and a smal step in the right direction to adress the problem without killing ganking alltogether. If wardec and killrights can not be adressed in any timley manner as they wont be. Maybe make those gankers Lose Faction standing, and if you are below certain treshold allow Militia of that faction to shoots those guys, opening real penalty and real possibility to fight back and hunt the gankers.

1 Like

Clearly it is not the fight anyone wants but you can either roll over and die or fight back.

OMW fiting Haw guns on my JF, sure you can fight back ships that gona get vaporized by concord in hext 20s after they tirn red. At this point in this thread anyone can tell how biased and insincere Gankers posting in this thread is, and that there is real need from ccp to adress the issue to balance it out and introduce some counterplay and get rid of no risk Intel by introducing suspect timer on it’s usage.

If there were ZERO shipments getting out of Jita, then I’d agree with you. But I know for a fact that there’s still ships getting in and out on a daily basis.

If someone undocks in a Jump Freighter, you almost don’t even need a Scanner to assume they’re carrying something they really hope gets delivered. And that’s why they get pounced upon so heavily.

There’s such a thing as trying too hard.