[Ship Design] Precursor Drifter Shipline and Modules

the doomsday should just recharge the shield with the target break, and have a cooldown before being able to be fired again. it should also have the skill requirements of any siege module since that is exactly what the doomsday functions as.

I would like this to be a wormhole based thing as well? Maybe raiding drifter hives or something. Maybe make wormhole incursions a thing?

2 Likes

I like this idea a lot.

Make it cap hungry. Can only fire DD when you have, say, 75% cap and it uses 75% of that to fire it. And I support the BS only being able to fit the DD.

1 Like

@Uriel_Paradisi_Anteovnuecci what do you think?

how did I not see this,

I approve of this

and this even more :smiley:

3 Likes

@zander_exvirus I’m not so sure about an incursion-style obtainment, but it’s got some fun ideas~

I’m actually in the process of putting together a large-scale expansion proposal including these ships, which includes all of the extant precursor races as well as the Directorate - that’ll be coming sometime in the not-too-distant future~

Also, in preparation for that, I’m adjusting the bonuses of the Drifter ships:

Precursor Ship Skill bonuses per skill level:
50% bonus to Warp Lance and Microwarpdrive overload bonuses
7.5% reduction to Heat Damage taken by modules

Role Bonuses:
150% bonus to damaged module repair amount per second
Can fit (size) Warp Lance and (size) Hyperwarp Diffuser

to

Precursor Ship Skill bonuses per skill level:
50% bonus to Warp Lance and Microwarpdrive overload bonuses
50% bonus to damaged module repair amount per second

Role Bonuses:
Can fit (size) Warp Lance and (size) Hyperwarp Diffuser
Can repair heat damage to modules that have taken 100% damage

Removing the heat damage reduction completely (with that role moving to Sleeper ships), instead granting them a strong bonus to the repair speed of burned out modules and allowing them to initiate nanite repairs on burned-out modules. However, repaired modules will still have to be manually onlined following repair in-space, making this type of repair undesirable during combat and encouraging careful heat management.

Look forward to the full expansion proposal as it evolves~

5 Likes

cool beans

now that you mention 3rd empire Jove in that proposal. will you include all the known Jove ships in it? seeing that they were planned to be one of the main factions in the game they have a much larger amount of ships than the Drifters or the Triglavs.

i think it was 2 frigates (Spectre and Wraith), 1 industrial (Visitant), 1 cruiser (Phantom) and the Eidolon battleship that is their most iconic vessel.

also, have you considered the Talocan ships too? allthought im not sure on how much models were avaliable for them but i think they had frigate, destroyer, cruiser and battleship models. derelicts of course but at this point they should have some way to be repaired, explored and replicated.

taking in account they were the creators of the Anoikis. it wouldnt surprise me if they somehow had some kind of bonus to Microjumpdrives, Microjump Field Generators and their ships had some kind of special jumpdrive themselves. perhaps they would make for the first jump capable non T2, non cloak, non capital ships. heck, i would even dare to say that they may have had non beacon reliant jumpdrives.

4 Likes

+4. I was expecting this instead of the Triglavians.

2 Likes

It may seem a bit much, but I’m putting together frigate, cruiser, and battleships (complete with bonuses and some new features & modules) for the Sleepers, Takmahl, Talocan, Yan-Jung, Directorate, and Drifters in this - I might want to include other Directorate ships in another way as well, but the starting base is the baseline for each~

As for Talocan ships, you can bet on them having some interesting mechanics attached to them :slight_smile:

8 Likes

ohhhhh that makes me moist! :open_mouth:

1 Like

That sure is a lot of wasted effort making something CCP will not be putting into the game.

Suggestion: next time make a post based on things in the game, so that at least they have a remote chance of going somewhere.

Even if it amounts to nothing, I have fun coming up with and writing out these sorts of things - I wouldn’t call it wasted effort if I’ve enjoyed it, plus it serves as practice for stuff I’d like to eventually do professionally :slight_smile:

On the other hand though, CCP has taken action on suggestions before - who’s to say posts like these couldn’t provide them with a little inspiration, somewhere down the line~?

5 Likes

Exactly my point, starting from something in the game and asking for CCP to tweak it some are the types of suggestions that are most likely to get follow through from CCP.

Of my own merits:

1. Helped get mods added to freighters (basically it was just me and one other guy wanting mods on frieghters and every bittervet playing the game not wanting freighters with mods, fortunately CCP gave us mods and being a freighter pilot is now far more interesting and versatile game playing option than it was before).

2. I fought alone to get more target locks added to exhumers and barges and guess what, the bittervet crowd was out in full force again fighting the change but CCP came through and miners now enjoy a more pleasant mining experience.

3. I helped with one other thing that was eventually added to the game but i cannot remember what it was at the moment but if i do remember i’ll update the post.

The point here again is to ask for change to existing mechanics rather than asking for an ‘exhaustive’ lineup of ships to be added to the game and then prescribing exactly what those ships characteristics should be, it ties up CCPs hands and makes it extremely unlikely that they will come through with the change you seek since you leave them no wiggle room to change the ships for balancing issues or issues related to where CCP wants to take EVE.

A better way to present this would have been to present that you felt that a drifter line of ships should be added to the game and supply a loose idea of what you wanted and why. This approach on getting something that doesnt exist in the game to actually reach the discussion table in Iceland is far more likely to succeed.

It goes without saying that if you have fun with this type of exercise, then enjoy yourself but again if you are seeking real change i suggest a change of tactic to get things done in-game.

I like your examples, and those changes have certainly brought something more to EVE~ As for my own justification, CCP’ers have said here and there that they’d like to bring in Drifter ships eventually - and with the new Precursor designation, they’re certainly looking at them for the future :slight_smile:

Also, another edit to the post: I’ve watered down the turret variants, changing the ammo from tech I + II + Storyline to tech I and II, where tech II ammo may be used by tech II turrets as well as with the Storyline turrets (Lux Kontos, etc.), which now act as high-skill-req psuedo-faction tech II guns.

2 Likes

Frindly bump from someone who wants to see a lot of new ships.

5 Likes

I support this for a actual ship line, BECAUSE CCP KNOWS They are ganna add this
AND GOD OH MIGHTY IF THEY DO, PRAISE THE LORD MY CHILDREN

3 Likes

Wrath
Phantom
Eidolon

The rest is cabbage.

I mean the Drifters certainly aren’t the Directorate, they’re very different from each other in function - I’m working on the Wraith, Phantom, and Eidolon in another vein though, stay tuned for that~ :slight_smile:

5 Likes

No enough kitey nonsense please