Ship/fit for c2 solo

Hey!

I am trying to solo c2 combat anoms, but it is not going as hoped.

I specialize in caldary/galente ships and do prety well with misiles and rails, but i cant use t2 large/sentry drones.

I am thight on cash so i been looking at the 3 dif BCs for both races but cant come up with a fit i am satisfied with.

The internets/forum keeps giving conflicting advice, which is making it harder.

The drake looks good but with only 401 dps, not counting reloading, will it work?

Got a 727 dps talos with large rails and small drones for the frigs. Would it work?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

Gila. Rapid lights and medium dornes will allow you to get to 45 km application (some NPC range) as well as 3-5 km (frigate range). Passive tank will help you under neut. If you are good with d-scan you will be able to make 300-400 milion ISK before someone pop your 600 milion ship. At the end you will be only like 200-300 milions minus, which can be fixed in 4-6 hours of high sec security mission running.
TL;DR : skip C2 PvE, not worth it.

Lol level 4s in high sec do 200+ per hour now. More if you get a lucky faction drop.

But yeah C2 are very dangerous for the reward. Advise against it unless you just want to experience it.

Not sustainable for char with low SP and bad corp standings. Normal mission runing will give you 50-60 milions an hour. The burner blitz is a way but out of reach for most mission runners. I mean real runners, who is doing them for hours. Not those, who manage to get 50 milions from 2 burners in 15 minutes but than stops cause it would harm his stats or standings.

Fair enough. I decline like everything but the good ones lol I forget not everyone can do that.

can we just talk about the fits please? :joy:

is that even a thing ?

I mean, I did enough burners to have 3 storyline yesterday, how comes ?

Ok, so, drake is a well known WH PvE workhorse, but as you already found out, it is because of tank, not because of DPS. Talos is a no go because large guns will do little damage to rather fast small / medium targets and C2 is all about NPC frigs and cruisers. Here: (Rykki's Guides: Wormhole PvE (v. 1.19) - Google Drive) you can see , that you need to tank about 300-400 DPS at least if you are in battlecruiser (hard to sig tank in it) and you targets will often tend to run 45 km from you (or circle very close). Sleepers tend to eat drones and you will face neuts in C2.

I know some people use artillery fit Hurricane Fleet Issue to do the job (tracking bonus helps) but I think T2 cruisers are best suited for the environment. The cost of the lost ship will be significant, though…
You can try
[Drake, C2 PvE active tank]

Ballistic Control System II
Crosslink Compact Ballistic Control System

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Dread Guristas EM Ward Amplifier
Dread Guristas Kinetic Deflection Field
Dread Guristas Thermal Dissipation Field
Large Shield Booster II
Medium Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 800

Core Probe Launcher I, Core Scanner Probe I
Heavy Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Semiconductor Memory Cell II

Hobgoblin II x5

About 100 milion ISK, tank up to 400 DPS cold and still can apply about 500 DPS as far as you drone range is. Reload time will kill some DPS, but you can hit any target you need, even without prop mode.

2 Likes

something like this worked perfect, I can almost do all 4 stages in some c3s, Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.