Ship for C1 WH-Space

It could be interesting, one of my mining character is from Caldari and it would take me ~10 days to get in the Jackdaw. Sadly, the time to get good Missiles skills would be a bit longer. A problem I get with my Hurricane is that I can only run Perimeter Ambush Point, because I only have Hobgoblin I to deal with frigates which are in good numbers in the others sites :confused:

With that Flux Coil I’m cap stable, which I think is a plus in WH combat sites. I could maybe take a Gyrostabilizer II if I used cap booster, but I don’t know how well the capacitor when the shields modules are on.

Wrong approach, IMHO. Right question from my point of view is “what is most interesting, fun activity in WH”. Its a game, not a job. Most effective way to ISK is combat anomalies in C3. But it is repetitve, you will lose ships and ISK there for, so ISK made will be also lost there. If you are not fond of shooting same sleepers over and over again - you will burn out very quick. Make 6 anomalies to get 500 milions in blue loot and lose 600 milions ship in the 7-th … Two hours of repetitive activity to have -100 milions in the valet. It will not happen every day, but when it happens, it hurts if ISK is the purpose why you go there.

Find what gives you most fun in game, sell PLEX. bought for real money, to get ISK and forget about WH grind…

Very other story, if you want to have your own personal home… You do not care about how much ISK you will lose - you will develop it and defend it. PI, production, ratting, exploration - you will do all your home will offer you. Nomadic style of game, every day - new place to visit etc… Yes WH can be fun by itself. Want no visitors - choose C1 with null sec static. Want lots of PVP - get into C3. Want travel a lot - settle in C2.

1 Like

You do use fitting tool like Pyfa or EFT, don’t you? Play with different cap booster charges…

And if you want to feel a bit more nomadic with friends, try to find a Corporation based in a C4 WH. They have the particularity to always get two statics that can only open in Wormhole Space.

Okay, thanks you pal :slight_smile:

I’m going to follow your advice and train for a Jackdaw, thanks :slight_smile:

This.

I cannot say this often enough. ISK, AKA, 1s and 0s that exist on a server somewhere and have zero real-wold value, are only a means to an end- the goal is to have fun!

Focus on doing what you enjoy, in a way you enjoy doing it, and the ISK will take care of itself :slight_smile:

@erg_cz
Alright pal’, I’ve come up with that fitting (with the prototypes posted on EVE Uni)

[Jackdaw, Wormhole 202]

Ballistic Control System II
Photonic Upgraded Co-Processor

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 50
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 50
Limited ‘Anointed’ EM Ward Field

Rocket Launcher II, Nova Rage Rocket

Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I
Small Bay Loading Accelerator I

I get 212 DPS and 4510 EHP in Sharpshooter Mode, for 159 DPS and 5628 EHP in Defense Mode. Sadly, my Missiles skills are quite bad, which explain why I can get those bad numbers =/

the hurricane looks pretty solid honestly. the DPS looks low but it uses Meta4 guns so its understandable. with T2 it gets better DPS either with T2 or Navy ammo.

also not refactoring the possible T2 drones that could carry.

1 Like

Yeah, don’t fly that. That may look good in lowsec but that is no good for doing pve. The Confessor is the better boat for that.

if you want a nice cashing in for a relatively cheap investment. C1 in a frigate is worth. doesnt even have to be Faction/T2. just a well fitted (Meta4 to T2) T1 combat frigate of your choice. only real requirement is knowledge of the sites, D-Scan awareness and good module management for those cases with neuts.

The Jackdaw is not a good PVE boat ?

I would aim for something like that:
[Jackdaw, light missile PvE]

IFFA Compact Damage Control

Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Gistii B-Type 1MN Afterburner
Cap Recharger II
EM Ward Amplifier II

Light Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Light Missile
[Empty High slot]

Small Capacitor Control Circuit I
Small Capacitor Control Circuit II
Small Capacitor Control Circuit II

Fit should be cap stable and no cargohold is wasted for cap charges. If you learn how to sig tank and overheat your shield hardener from time to time you are good with tanking. 1 mn AB low speed is no issue here since you can project at any necessary range. With few implants (ee-603, for example, if you lack CPU) you can make fit less expensive.

Just note, that your DPS will still be much lower, than that of larger ships. Which will hurt isk/time efficiency. But you can warp away in 3 seconds, which is good for GTFO situations…

Any rocket fit will lack the range.

Confessor is an awesome ship for C1 but you should realize, that cruisers will run 45 km away, so you will have to wait to apply your confessor maximum damage that far. Or use 55 km range light missiles as I suggest in jackdaw.
[Confessor, C1 Confessor]

Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Coreli A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Damage Control II

Gistii B-Type 1MN Afterburner
Cap Recharger II
Imperial Navy Cap Recharger

Core Probe Launcher II, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Small Focused Beam Laser II, Gleam S
[Empty High slot]

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Nanobot Accelerator I

That fit will also hit 45 km but only with Aurora charges. That means - less DPS, than a jackdaw. But Gleam charges at 6 km range will give you almost twice DPS vs jackdaw. So you will kill frigates much faster, but ship is slower, less agile and you will have less tank in sharpshooter mode…

1 Like

One or two metastasis adjusters will push the range to 70km in sharpshooter mode.

The problem is that I prefer the Rockets for the close range style =/
Plus the fact that I can get 600 m/s in Propulsion Mode can make me close the range, no ?

And I don’t play Amarr ships on any of my characters, so Confessor don’t really interest me…
I’ll try to come back with an improved version of my Rocket Jackdaw

That looks okay-ish for mitigating incoming damage but sleeper frigates can go up to 3km/s and they have weird flying patterns to evade damage.
You would need to get into web range to apply navy rockets or use javelin rockets in sharpshooter mode most of the time.

That’s why my first fit included a webifier, but it’s only 10km in range.

I just hope you realize, that you can also use [Caracal, C1 PvE 100 mn]

Reactor Control Unit II

100MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Cap Booster 400
Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Nova Fury Light Missile

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Acolyte II x2

for half of money with very similar stats…

Would a medium battery be enough to make this work?
I can’t log in at the moment to verify.

Nope, you need a cap booster