Ship for hunting the hunters

(Nina B) #1

I got jumped the other day while ratting (too complacent) by a rapier and a heretic.

My question is this: next time some hunters enter my area, what is a good ship to grab to turn the tables? I can call for a fleet, but I would like to be able to handle a couple of ships on my own.

My pvp experience is almost entirely frigates, so I’m still very new to this. I was thinking that grabbing a pvp fit ishtar might be a good idea. I have the skills for lots of ships, but I’m totally up for training into whatever it takes.

Thanks in advance.

(Quelza) #2

This depends quite a lot on what the hunters are flying and whether they see your ship as engageable.

You could fly a tanky bait ship to keep them in system while your pals arrive. But if the opponents are flying a dictor and a T2 support cruiser I think you could get away with a T1 or Navy variant of the Vexor.

(walker Hanomaa) #3

The best ship is one called Pre aligning and intel

(Anderson Geten) #4

This does not help you engage them.

The truth is it depends on what you are ratting in. bait carrier and bait rattle are different.

(Nina B) #5

Right. I know how to avoid being jumped. I just don’t always do it.

What I want to happen is this …

1. I see neuts enter
  2. Check them in zkill and see that they are trouble
  3. Dock up.
  4. Grab a pvp ship.
  5. Blow them up or at least scare them away.

(Karl Poljus) #6

They’ll probably just avoid engagement with any pvp ship they see on D-scan. If you want to catch someone he’s either should be unaware of your existence or think that you’re an easy prey.

(system) #7

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.