What do use to hunt Gate Campers?

Hello everyone.

I am looking for ideas and recommendations when it comes to hunting gate campers solo.

In other words, interdictors, tactical destoyers and the occasional cruiser or frigate. I am not expecting a fit that is able to deal with multiple ships of course. The assumption here is a singular camper. I am able to fly all cruiser class ships and lower, all races, all weapons. But I have the strongest skills when it comes to drones, hybrids, missiles. In that order but can invest in other weapon types if I wanted to.

Currently I am wokring on a Covert Tengu with Rapid Light Missile launchers. The idea is to wait cloaked near the camper till someone falls into their trap, and when they start to engage I go and help out the victim. But I feel like that one might be a bit too expensive and inefficient for this job.
A different idea in mind is a PvP Navy Vexor, or Ishtar, so it seems like I am a ratter and an easy kill.

So what ships or fits would any of you use for that job?

you can focus more on tank and ewar than actual dps since gate guns will be on your side. i recommend something like a dualweb 100mn loki with hams or rlml so you will be able to dictate range if his buddies show up and get out there quickly. cloaky setup works fine here too but kinda expensive.

another idea would be to use a brawler with heavy dps, deimos or ishtar for example. just gun him down fast enough. a big fat advantage of this method is that you brawl and within that scram him. typical setup is a gnosis and he probably has a mjd. maybe even a polarized deimos would work or a vigilant.

Thank you for the ideas!

I forgot to mention it before. But this is all in Nullsec, my bad.

are rarely present when dictors are.

thx for repeating what op already said though and there are still plenty of dictors used in lowsec and im just trying to help and provide some information i know im to lazy for punctuation and other stuff so sorry for that but im open for constructive critic

so anyway
id go for an overpropped fit than.
loki or tengu are great with 100mn loki clearly has an advantage bout range control but tengu deals more dps and has a stronger cap + tank but lacks speed and is damage locked
a cheaper variant would be a dualprop (50+100mn) vedmak, very squishy but versatile as hell and pretty good at dictating range

if you wanna go blap id use a vigilant or deimos or a brutix/gnosis for the pocket-friendly alternative with a med neut and some bulks or maar + mar

are you dualboxing? if yes a dualweb 50mn loki with hams in combination with a lachesis/arazu with damps is a meanace. just web and stay at 20km while he cant lock you. biggest problem here is it only works against ppl without mjd since they can just bail

if you have enough isk best setup is an overtanked t3 (id recommend a xlsb tengu) in combination with a curse and if stuff tends to go meh just neut and run. but thats a really expensive strategy and you will lose your 2b cruiser there

a rlml orthrus/cerberus/caracal nvy would be my choice against small stuff like dictors yes rlml got nerfed but still going strong

hope that helped a bit o7

Combat scanning hecate, scan a guy slightly off the gate double web him blast him before his friends can land in time then warp off.

If its low sec then the logi frigs have insane tank and I once fit the logi frig with pure tank + auto cannons web scram nos and solo killed a hurricane fleet issue and loki with the help of gate guns.

Honestly, this is tough. It always depends on what else is around you in the great big universe. BUT, I would go with a carrier. Protoss always make an impact and their shields are awesome!

:grin: :laughing: :rofl: :joy: :wink:

Hehe.

T3 Destroyer!! What the other guy/gal said before me…

1 Like

RLML got nerfed? What/When did that happen… and how did it get nerfed if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

removed bonus to range from bonused ships.
Not the balanced legion though, as it is already a balanced faction.

2 Likes

Yea basically just from hac’s I think, the orthrus/osprey navy is still broken as hell vs tackle, I see those ships I swap to a tornado lol…

I think also the caracals ?
I think so according to the salt flow in Caracal nerf, why?

2 Likes

Yea, I like the nerf it was way to strong, would prefer rapid lights to have a separate ammo type so it can be balanced better personally but yea.

I do not use a second account, no. Other than that thank you for the ideas. Also as I said, I would prefer cheaper ideas over expensive ones.

What is a xlsb Tengu? I do have a Tengu but I do not know most of the abbrevations you are using, sorry. :frowning:

No gate guns helping me in Nullsec.
But it seems like the genereal recommendations are either T3 Destroyers or T3 Cruisers?

No faction Cruisers seemingly good enough?

so with xlsb i meant a tengu with a x-large shield booster, the pith-x type x-large shield booster getting a crazy tank on a cruiser nearly 2-3kehp/s if paired with implants
maar = medium ancillary armor repairer
mar = medium armor repairer

Faction cruiser only does well if you are really good at manual piloting and have pings on their gate but like most gate campers do they just sit 0 on gate and if they about to die jump through.

You can also make a ping on the gate and land a tornado and try for 1 shot but again they will just warp away or jump the gate.

Gate campers are not the bravest of beings.

One of the best things you can do is bring something they will underestimate, or something they will realize too late that they ■■■■■■ up.

problem is they are even more expensive but a t3/t2 often gets the job better done

i think the orthrus, cynabal and vigilant could also be pretty decent for this task but this wont be cheap too
vedmak is good to go. 250mil for a strong fit with 3 med neuts and close to 1000dps if spooled up
example:
[Vedmak, f*ckmak]
Damage Control II
Entropic Radiation Sink II
Entropic Radiation Sink II
800mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Multispectrum Energized Membrane II

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Dread Guristas Stasis Webifier
Medium F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
Warp Disruptor II

Medium Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer
Heavy Entropic Disintegrator II, Mystic M
Medium Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer
Medium Energy Neutralizer II

Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Medium Ancillary Current Router II

Hornet EC-300 x5
Valkyrie II x5

1 Like

yep thats a good point

Would people underestimate a Navy Vexor or Isthar perhaps?

Well that one would have quite the price tag. So I am going to pass. But thank you either way!