Ship in my overview, but not on my local?

Not Sure where to post this:

So here I am at a gate, I have cloaked up to get my bearings in the system, and there is a fellow Heron on my D-scan and on my Overview at 30 km from me. I can physically see him , yep, right there! Zoomed in with my little eyeball! But he is not in my Local chat list.
Is there some trick that I dont know about the Heron to not show in “Local” but still on my overview and d-scan, or do you think it’s a server buggy thing?
Very intriguing… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

We’re you in a wormhole?

nope, just went through a gate in HS. He left, and everyone else around me is accounted for on Overview, Local, D-Scan, and visually.
It was just weird that he was the only one NOT on my local, but that I could actually see.

Are you certain the ship had an actual pilot and was not left derelict? A heron is pretty inexpensive, and it’s not outside the realm of possibility that someone abandoned it. Internet problems when you still have a timer from NPCs could also leave a ship that has a pilot, but who is not actually present to pilot their ship.

No, he had a name, and after a min or 2, he moved towards the gate and jumped.
It could have been a server thing.
Now Im wishing I would have taken a screenshot! :stuck_out_tongue:
Guess I chalk this up as a weird cosmic thing in outer space.

The chat system was redone, and has been somewhat more glitchy than normal ever since. There are a myriad of possibilities, but I’m pretty sure this isn’t intended behavior.

We’ll go with the cosmic thing in outer space messing with us.

1 Like

Local is messed up today, will prolly be ok by tomorrow.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.