Ship left at Sun

But imagine the glorious support ticket you could file! You could tell them to move the ship out of the sun for you so that you can blow it up.

Well … yes and no. Sure.

Literally every other star we know has a name/number. Our star’s name “is” “Sol”, but no one calls it “Sol”. Everyone calls it “Sun”. You can say that “Sun” is a generic word for a star, but that would mean that no one ever says the name of our star. Everyone just calls it “Sun”.

Now think about how ■■■■■■■ sad that actually is. The Sun is literally what brought us all to life, literally what keeps us alive and literally what allows every single living thing on earth to exist.

The Sun is the closest thing to a god that actually exists, yet all we ever do is generically calling it “Sun”, while every other star out there actually is being called by their name.

In EVE, when we speak of systems, we actually speak of stars. Systems are named after their stars. It’s “the system of Hek” (Clear Skies reference), because it’s the system of Hek, it’s star.

“Sun” is the name of our star for most people,
because that’s what everyone calls it.

2 Likes

If you want to be a language pendant then at least be good at it.

…and back on topic lol

1 Like

It used to be a thing, like 10+ years ago - logging out in space would cause a warp and reset progress, so the challenge was to go as far as possible into an otherwise unwarpable area in the space between one downtime and the next.

I.e., cap stable mwd and just leave that sucker running.

2 Likes

if the ship has been there that long then who am i to blow it up :slight_smile:

1 Like

It could well be more recent, of course, but who knows. I don’t suppose many people would bother going all the way in there just to clear out debris :wink:

Kill it!

Fly inside the Sun?

Now that’s just crazy talk.

pretty sure is kerbol

1 Like

Cap stable
9393 m/s cold
No drugs
No implants
No abyssals
No bling
12mil isk
Requires relevant PG and cap skills to be at V

I use it to make off-grid instant undocks.

[Punisher, Speed]

Micro Auxiliary Power Core II
Power Diagnostic System II
Power Diagnostic System II
Overdrive Injector System II
Overdrive Injector System II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Small Cap Battery II

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Auxiliary Thrusters I

Obviously, you can go faster with implants and bling, but you should bring a mobile depot with you if you plan to ditch the punisher and board the abondoned ship (so you can take your bling with you). And of course, you can bring some guns and a mobile depot with you if you plan on destroying the ship.

Anyway, start moving right after downtime, come back 11.7 hours later. Depending on your TZ, most of that time can be spent while you’re asleep or at work.

3 Likes

… I think you would need a permit to go AFK like that.

3 Likes

Could you MJD into it and scoop it onto the escape bay?

:thinking:

lets wait for math people to calculate the time it’ll take for someone to slowboat 397000 km in a Marauder with occasional MJD every now and then.

OR

it’ll make a good practice for fleet of booshers for chain booshing: target - “ghost ship” in the sun.

367 hours/aprox 15 days , at 300m/s , didn’t count the jump drives , its kinda EZ to do lol

well, you need to consider best-case scenario - MWD+MJD cap stable fit Marauder (because of MJD bonus) with lows and rigs filled with overdrives.

my math is bad anyway , i think , im re doing it

edit:
no the math is good :smiley:

I got really good at this kind of thing back in the day. Finding deeply safed containers was a sort of perverse hobby I developed. As long as it was in between the celestials, it could be reached. My best find was a cache of medium containers deeply safed in Tash-Murkon space. I spent a week cross-warping in an Ibis to get close, then spent parts of three days fast(slow)-boating in a 6km/second inty to reach the grid. And this was back when the grid was 500km.

God I miss the glory days of Eve.

EDIT: if I’m not mistaken one of my buddies, who I taught the d-scan/triangulation technique to finding these cans, still has one of the containers we recovered in his assets someplace.

sounds like a nice hobby