Shiphomes has a problem!

As you know, I spend my days planetside these days, helping my brother with his business that has grown into such a lucrative endeavor, I no longer have any interest hunting down pirates or those foul Caldari.  What do we at Shiphomes do?  For the uninitiated, we take ship hulls at the end of their lives, and instead of the long process of refining the things, we bring them planetside and turn them into luxurious mansions for the rich.  We do single family homes as well, made from corvettes, where our best seller is the converted Ibis hull.  We actually won an award for best bathroom design from a prior drone bay.

Anyway, this is where our problem comes in.  As we get more popular, bigger and bigger hulls get offered to us at a large discount; this lead to our acquisition of a Nyx supercarrier hull which has apparently been through a battle.  As the thing is a couple/few KILOMETERS in length, I think my brother has been eating too many long limbs.  We have no idea where to place this monstrosity, and land prep will be extremely expensive - millions of ISK.  We need a suitable piece of land on Gallente Prime with sufficient exposure.  The leading plan for this thing is to turn it into thousands of apartments, because we severely doubt one person would want to live here, so we need your help finding a piece of land on Gallente Prime.

We could also turn it into a contained city, but that is not our specialty.  We need help, and fast!
2 Likes

I’ve heard Neuf Hueromont has prior experience in housing mothership class vessels.

3 Likes

Wow that is difficult formatting as a reader.

7 Likes

Seconded.

4 Likes

Reproduced for future readers in a better format.

10 Likes

If someone feels generous to give me a battle scarred Nyx apparently for free, I wouldn’t mind. Just for future reference for people.

3 Likes

If it wasn’t for this, I would have posted “ltl;dr (literally tl;dr)”.
Now, I have a question: why Gallente Prime?

3 Likes

How the hell would you get it down, from orbit and with precision at that?. The cost alone would be staggering, and i doubt there is anyone out there that is willing to risk such a venture.
The forces placed on the hull would be huge, one mistake and the whole thing drops like a stone.
A corvette is one thing, but a nyx is pure madness.

2 Likes

I think historically trying to do urban re-development with a capital ship on Gallente Prime causes a lot of complaints from the locals.

4 Likes

I can’t see any way of dropping a Nyx into atmosphere, those things are sometimes big enough to effect tides with their gravity.

Wouldn’t it be a heck of a thing to cram a Nyx hull full of inertial stabilizers, Higgs anchors, aux thrusters, and thermal/kinetic shield resists, and try to ride it down from orbit without dying horribly.

1 Like

Trying to do urban re-development from orbit tends to also cause a lot of whining over Caldari Prime.
Yeah, not so funny, is it?

2 Likes

Didn’t someone try this with a water freighter hull and take out a few key cities?

Might I suggest trying a less habitable planet, say one dominated primarily by water or gas and creating a floating city?

1 Like

That depends on the perspective.

There’s an amusing irony in attempting forced re-development thinking the locals won’t resist only for them to collectively burn down the council building.

You’ve got to learn to find the fun and joy in historical events otherwise you will never turn those frowns upside down.

Personally though, I consider the death of millions of Caldari a tragedy. The death of millions of non-Caldari however?

Well, â– â– â– â–  happens sometimes.

1 Like

This would actually be something to do, rather than a populated world…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.