Should High-Sec Actually Be Safe? ☠️

Especially given that I myself was ganked not long after starting EVE…..yet here I now am 4.5 years later with untold billions in ISK, well over 200 ships, and several trillion ISK worth of kills to my name.

And given that I started EVE as the biggest carebear you could imagine….it just goes to show that all the ‘ganking makes people leave’ stuff is pure BS.

1 Like

What about those players? You described a group of people but didn’t complete the thought. A description that isn’t very clear btw. Everyone in the game has lost something valuable, but are in the game, some may have logged out for a bit, but they logged back in, they didn’t stay, but also they are still playing…as we have a populated game.

1 Like
  • Player plays the game enough to earn something valuable
  • Player loses it to a mechanic that is perceived by the player as unfair, unnecessary and/or unbalanced. Attributes it to a bad game design.
  • Considering the amount of invested effort to get what he had, and the scope of the loss, decides not to be subscribed to the game any more because the effort is not worth it.

Those who are left playing and paying for the game are left with survivorship bias.

Every game has losers.

Correct. If those losses are due to a bad game design, that’s a customer retention problem.

a game is either on or off
you are either logged in or logged out
If you do not like the game, storyline/graphics/gameply/mechanics…then play soemthing else.

This applies to every game out there, sinlge player and MMO’s both…

Those of us playing EvE …like actually playing…we do not have survivorship Bias…we love this game and its gameplay and mechanics…

I am NOT sorry that not everyone likes EvE online for what it is…
I dont like Call of Duty…so i dont play it
I dont like Star Trek Online past a certain point…so i no longer play it…

People like you and the OP have ruined Dune Awakening…destroying the fun and mechanics that make the Auction House worth something…so i quit playing that too…and came back here.

Your argument holds no water. If you dont like it..leave, dont try to change it into something it is not.

1 Like

Your fallacy hinges on the notion that we want more people. In fact, many restaurants, stores, and parks seek to limit the number of individuals, in order to improve the quality. It sounds like you want some kind of mass entertainment, watered and dumbed down for the common pleb. Might I suggest Stardew Valley?

3 Likes

Is a player in a shooter game dying to a well placed sniper bad game design? Especially if that player didn’t want to die, didn’t ‘consent’ to fighting even?

3 Likes

Read that again, but slowly.

OH NO EVERYBODY IS QUITTING THE GAME WE HAVE TO MAKE IT EASIER FOR THEM SO THEY ALL STAY EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE AFK

1 Like

why??? i wrote it…

I love EvE, I love the ganking, I love the dirty gameplay…

likke the critic in Ratatoui …if i dont love it…i dont swallow.

This is a PvP game…but im not going to say i speak for others…they can give me likes or not if they want…

But i have a feeling the PvPr’s feel like i do about EvE…

2 Likes

Yes. You love ganking. Someone who left - doesn’t.

There is so much content in the game other than ganking. If a player doesn’t get to that content because of the gank and subsequent quitting of the game - that’s a game design problem.

Hey guys! People who like pizza have survivorship bias! We should change pizza to have no cheese!

I don’t like WoW because of the cartoon style! WoW should change because people who like it have survivorship bias!

1 Like

It’s not that hard to leave the ganking zone.

Just head to lowsec and you’ll be there.

i personally do not care if someone quits…
i have taken in many ppl…and tried to teach them how to play…
about a 3rd of those…their mentality was beyond fixing…and i also cna not fix stupid…

so good riddance…and yes ive told ppl that cried, and raged…both grown men and women…that if you can handle it…if you cant learn…if you cant get back on the horse…then quit..do yourself a favor…dont torture yourself this game is not for you.

no, that is a player problem…a mentality problem…EvE is closer to RL than most any other game out there…it will chew you up…and swallow you cause in RL it does not care about what you think or feel…it is EvE just as RL is Life

Not only do I care, but I’m GLAD when they quit!

Every player I drive into quitting is another point for me!

hi sec is fine how it is.

I have to disagree. Getting to the content makes the game worth playing. That’s why I play. The challenge.

I’m not a ganker. I’ve only killed 1 player my entire EVE existence and that was while his 3 friends finished off killing me. If there was no risk, I would not be playing EVE

3 Likes

You don’t, as it should be. This game does not pay your bills.

That’s a textbook definition of toxic behavior.

1 Like

How is it toxic to enjoy winning a game?

Every game has losers, I’m fine with that.