šŸŽ€ Should These Character Names be Allowed? šŸŽ€

I voted neutral, the reason Iā€™m neither for or against is that these folks that do this people call immature, which does apply, but mostly thereā€™s been little study on this but different brain areas develop at different rates for a variety of reasons, environmental, nutritional, exposure, cultural, so thereā€™s bound to be people who lag behind and are only capable of things like that, there is a word for it but I donā€™t want to go there, not helpful.

2 Likes

If I may offer an alternative plan of action?

Play EVE.

My favorite alt ganks characters with objectionable names in game, and I have a very good time doing it.

Been doing it for about 2 years now.

:grinning:

1 Like

It was called ISIS before ISIS was a well known thing

3 Likes

The soft-skinned get offended all the same. Itā€™s literally impossible to say or write anything without at least one person feeling offended by it. Adding time to that equation isnā€™t going to make things any better.

2 Likes

I care so little about an issue like this, I almost didnā€™t make this post.

Letā€™s not be pussies. This is EVE.

1 Like

If this was a war of likesā€¦ you lost sir.

Grand Design - 1 Like in this WHOLE threadā€¦

Linus Gorp - 19 Likesā€¦

We have a winner!!!

2 Likes

Honestly, I think it was a troll thread. Iā€™ve been seeing a lot of them on here lately.

1 Like

ā€œIf you can find pussy cheaperā€¦ā€ :wink:

ā€“Gadget likes free kittens

1 Like

Iā€™m offended every time I roll out of bed in the morning - about as much and often as the next guy. Every time I turn on the news, walk down the street, or pretty much do anything, Iā€™m offended. But the difference between me and a lot of people nowadays is, I donā€™t think I have a right not to be offended, and I donā€™t agitate for government policies, or in this case, game policies, to make sure Iā€™m not offended.

I do think this is a troll post though. 3/10.

Think I have the high ground there anyway.

4 Likes

I guess it is safe to assume OP hates pussies. :cat:

:cat2:

Iā€™ve played the game for about nine years now. Time after time after time Iā€™ve come across pilot names, language, and behaviour that is sexist, misogynistic, homophobic, and sometimes just generally hateful and misanthropic.

On several occasions, Iā€™ve complained to CCP about specific instances and pretty every time Iā€™ve come up against utter indifference and a total lack of interest in actually doing anything tangible. Most of the time I get pointed vaguely in the direction of the EULA and told that thereā€™s nothing in it that stops people basically behaving as offensively as possible as much as they like.

Personally, I donā€™t find any of this acceptable but it is what it is. Itā€™d be nice if some of the ā€˜representativesā€™ on the CSM, or even just one, would take this on, but I wouldnā€™t hold your breath.

2 Likes

The memes are old, but they check out.

#freegrumpypussy

okā€¦but who determines what is offensive? Iā€™m glad CCP decides rather than letting anybody who is offended by something exercise an automatic hecklerā€™s veto.

Iā€™ts up to us to parent our kids, not CCP.

1 Like

Hi there pussy lovers; take me to your tuna.

9 Likes

I canā€™t do that, Capsuleer.

ā€“Gadget suggests hearing this in Auraā€™s voice

3 Likes

Nah Iā€™ll stick with HAL, besides Old Aura > New Aura

1 Like

If CCP agrees to put a Pussy Hat in The New Eden store Iā€™ll admit defeat.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a knick knack store in an area I frequent called ā€œThe Pink Pussy.ā€ Big giant sign out front and everything.

Despite all of the opposing flame replies posted in this thread, seems the majority of forum users here voted no to the question ā€œShould those names be allowedā€.

7 hrs after thread creation the results are:
42% voted no
38% voted yes
23% voted neutral

Yeah, it definitely worked like a charm, got most of the trolls in this forum to post here. In fact some of them couldnā€™t resist the urge to do it multiple times.

Likes donā€™t mean crap here, especially due to LAGL thread and multiple alts.

2 Likes