šŸŽ€ Should These Character Names be Allowed? šŸŽ€

This is just a handful of names I found with ā€œpussyā€ as my search term. Should they be allowed?

• Yes
  • No
  • Neutral

0 voters

2 Likes

I donā€™t get it. You are offended by the word ā€˜pussyā€™ so you type it into a search to see how often the name comes up, so you can report the results and ask if it should be allowed? Wouldnā€™t it have been easier to just not type the word in and not do the search?

One time I went to the doctor and said ā€˜hey doc, it hurts when I do this!ā€™ The doc replied ā€œdonā€™t do that.ā€

Iā€™ve been playing the game for several years and have yet to run across such a name in game. Are you really that worried about it?

6 Likes

Yes.

I have six children and I have run across names like this and worse in the 14 years, 9 months and 27 days that Iā€™ve been playing Eve Online.

:white_check_mark: I voted.

2 Likes

I was able to find the avatars linked to most of these names.
They seem alright to me.
Generic Capsuleer.
Forums Alt 1
Forum Alt 2
Social alt.
FW pilot.
Industry.
SPAI!
ā€“Researcher Gadget

26 Likes

Oh god. I canā€™t stop laughing. Heeeeeeelp!! Thanks for that.

2 Likes

Of course they should be allowed. Donā€™t be a pussy.

6 Likes

As Shakespeare wroteā€¦ ā€œwhatā€™s in a nameā€¦ā€

Mehā€¦

Hey CCP had a thing called ISIS for a long timeā€¦just saying lol

5 Likes

Had? Just saying.

1 Like

Oh, Cā€™monā€¦

Vulgar EvE players?
Never.

They all went to play Hello Pussy Online.

ā€“Gadget expects a lawsuit from Sanrio any second now

6 Likes

Still
Pussy is just fine
If you always go to the sexual connotations of words you might be the one having issues :wink:

2 Likes

I had this in my bio for a long time

10 Likes

Iā€™m not here to tell you how to raise your children. However, consider this:

1. If youā€™ve played Eve for 15 years, and your kids were all 1 years old or greater when you started, they are all mid-teens now at the very least. Unless you are raising them in a monastery, it is impossible that they havenā€™t heard worse words and seen worse things a million times by now. When I was in 2nd grade I remember reading words in the bathroom stall in my school worse than that, and having to ask people what they meant (I was told that the ā€˜f wordā€™ meant a man and woman lying on a bed naked together).

2. Would it be better if it was the ā€˜v wordā€™ rather than the ā€˜p word?ā€™

3. Have you considered that Eve might not be a game your children should be exposed to? There exists movies, music, and whatever else that would fall into this categoryā€¦ why should some games be any different?

Youā€™d better keep your kids away from the news. After Donald Trump was elected I saw live TV footage of the British House of Commons or whatever it is, where lawmakers, INCLUDING FEMALES, literally, I mean literally, stood on the floor saying ā€œDonald Trump grabbed a woman by the pussy!ā€ or others defending ā€œWho in their life hasnā€™t grabbed a little pussy from time to time?ā€ etc. And nothing was bleeped out either.

If you want to shelter your kids from some things, I get it. Iā€™d do the same. But donā€™t shelter the rest of us.

6 Likes

Isis - Wikipedia :facepalm:

3 Likes

Is this a contest? I want to play too!

5 Likes

Iā€™m not trying to protect adults. There has to be a line somewhere. The people that create offensive names are trying to get negative attention. Why should CCP allow offensive people to gain negative attention? You would think the owners would prefer to stay in a positive light as much as possible, within reason. Iā€™m sure it wouldnā€™t take a whole lot of work to filter out certain terms during the character creation process. Letā€™s use a little common sense for a change.

2 Likes

Is it bad I knew a girl who looked like that in the Army?

5 Likes

if you hadnā€™t said that youā€™ve been playing EVE for almost 15 years, Iā€™d now be asking you ā€œAre you new here? Do you have any clue what kind of game EVE is?ā€. I suppose the question to either is no. :wink:

Ah, common sense. The most evenly distributed quantity in the world. Everyone thinks he has enough.

3 Likes

Clearly not the case:

2 Likes

What are you trying to say? Iā€™m a trillionaire. I donā€™t give two fucks about ISK and I had a hell of a lot of fun when I lost that Sin to sheer stupidity :stuck_out_tongue:
Letā€™s just say I put ewar fighters on my overview after that :joy:

9 Likes