Simple Orca player

Who said I was AFK? I am at my keyboard… working very very hard!!

hey Etch,

Thanks for the information, very useful. I have 2 questions:
you are talking about T1 's. I am currently using augmented drones because of their Yield and their Speed. I would never expect T1 to be better then T2 or T2+. Why would anyone buy or make T2 in that case. So I might be missing something with the waste. I would expect waste to be less since the technology is more advanced?
I have not mined for heavy water, that’s then a skill I have to learn/develop. The skill you talk about ‘industrial configuration’? Is there a skill that makes you need less heavy water? Which one is that?

You did.

So you mine 6-8 hours per day, for about 5-7 million an hour, but certainly no AFKing involved…

2 Likes

probably got alts mixed up on who said what

2 Likes

Nope, I relocated my Orca to have all astroids within 10km, I retarget my drones, I fight of Serpentis, Loot them, even use salvage drones to salvage them. So no… I would not say I am an AFK miner. usually, a friend around I boost which I turn off when he goes and drop off his ore.

How do you mine? you watch the screen intensely and steer your ship manually? That is considered active mining? ha ha ha

By taking ore from people like you, friend. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Anyone know how to minimize use of heavy water by the industrial core?

EDIT: train the skill: industrial command ships and industrial configuration.

wow… first experiences:

• you can’t mine a full ship with the fuel you can carry (I doubt that they would make this design flaw as a well-developed race - they can jump systems but can’t keep a ship in 1 place, even now ships can do so) (= stupid)
  • your ORCA moves when mining, not much 3.1 m/s so you have to reposition after a while. Which means turning off the industrial core, moving the ship. (= very annoying)
  • fuel is expensive, so I have to fly to Jita for the best price (= extremely annoying)
  • I was thinking of mining ice for fuel, but there is not enough in high sec. (= stupid)

Use something cheaper to mine with. May I suggest a barge or exhumer.

venture is fine, too.

So it’s too expensive for you to fuel an Orca solo on belts? Well at least that worked! LMAO

Orca= COMAND SHIP= not a solo ship by design(not nessisarily working that way now).

You want to solo, skiff or mack, ships designed to solo.

The Orca pulling 40 mill a day is just sad and a waste of a good command ship. With 2-3 hulks, I can easily quadruple that in an hour, the way it’s designed to work.

Even with lower skilled barge pilots, 2 people can 20-30 mill an hour off a belt with Orca support. That’s less than 2 mill in fuel at the local market here. Your operation is not profitable, because your using the tools the wrong way.

Oh BTW, the slow <1.3m/s drift. Actually stop before you engage the core. Otherwise momentum will still carry.

I could use another Orca for our fleet, if you want to trade out for a few macks or something let me know. I can easily make that ship profitable.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.