Simple question about the FOB

Read entire OP. Didn’t spot one question. Must be a trick topic or vaguely veiled rant. Going with latter.

Techincally the whole thing. The question is why put a FOB in Highsec? To where it attacks players Citadels are attacked and to where Concord will not attack them . There have been losses do to it. We in Highsec have enought to worry about with Gankers and mercs attacking why do we need FOB? people like Goon and Marmite and other gank crews slamming high sec to where we have no way to keep industry up. Why does it seem to me that CCP is forcing players from high sec to null? High sec pilots do not want to be slaves to Mega corps that are out that. We enjoy our own aspects. Remember this qoute CCP EVE something for everyone. it was stated that We are allowed for forge our own path why push us on the path you want us to go?

Yea, but the the max numer of Pirate Sotiyos is 2 … for all of null sec. Since there are roughly 3 times more null sec systems than high sec systems, most null seccers will never see a Pirate Sotiyo unless they activly search for it.

FOBs dont have a max number, sometimes there are multiple in a single system.

Really? Have they nerfed them? The last time i checked, you needed a small fleet of well tanked pirate BS (i.e. 4-5 rattlesnakes) and logi just to be able to survive the incoming DPS.

And the reward for putting multiple people and 5+ bill on the field was … 30mill. That was so bad, it felt like CCP wanted to troll us. Thats why i lost interest.

1 Like

No idea about nerfs. I still see people doing them with 1 or 2 ships depending on which one they do. I believe CCP changed the spawns slightly a couple of months ago, though. No idea on the specifics. What counts for me is that I can still run them without having to rely on other people to get rid of this massive annoyance.

What ships do you use?

They nerfed them pretty hard from what I can tell:

Not sure you can solo them in anything reasonable, but you can explode them now with just a couple pirate battleships, or a small fleet of T1 battleships and people seem to be regularly doing so. I think 30M each, plus a chance at some Upwell modules is a reasonable payout for a small fleet in the safety of highsec for a half hours work. Sure, it won’t tempt veteran Incursion runners or people from outside highsec, but as a PvE encounter accessible to the small groups that live in highsec to tackle, it seems like a reasonable thing.

I haven’t actually tried to explode one so I won’t claim it is compelling content, but in terms of risk vs. reward it seems like it is in the zone it should be. It actually fills a niche for group PvE content for newer players (and smaller groups) much better than Incursions.

1 Like

I’m not going to disclose that, but I see people destroy Guristas FOB with 1 Rattlesnake, for instance. I think those are passive regen, high kinetic resistance rattles. Should take about about 1 hour and a half to destroy such a FOB.

Considering that the spawns can be quite erratic, the risk of running them is not low. You can be lucky and get a spawn that’s easily tankable, but you can also get a spawn that you cannot tank at all because the incoming DPS is more than double that of the easily tankable spawn. FOB NPC do not scram, which means you can just MJD away and then warp away if you run them with BS only, but if you bring logistics, which cannot MJD, you are in a very difficult situation. And the more ships you bring, the more ships the FOB spawns. If you MJD’d and warped off, you can just wait until that unfavorable spawn disappeared, but that adds another 15-30 minutes to your activity time and reduces the income considerably.

1 Like

I don’t like the answer to this question, but I know it: some economy managers believe that EVE needs more ISK sinks.

EVE Online players are very good at generating wealth. They rat more than they lose. They mine like there is no tomorrow. They avoid losing too much expensive ships in PvP, while using the expensive stuff in well-understood PvE encounters. The economy is generating wealth, and this wealth is surprisingly resilient.

As the economy generates value, and this value is not destroyed, it creates an imbalance that puts too much poweri in the hands of wealthy groups, and gives advantage to the multiboxing players that rat or mine mindlessly in very powerful ships with max skills. That’s why ore is not very valuable, for example.

I for one don’t think that adding ISK sinks is such a great idea, and I don’t think that all the wealth that players are able to create is causing insurmountable problems with the economy that require more “state intervention”. There will not be any deflationary spirals as the game money is not coming from central bank loans. The prices dropping for certain items just tell the economy not to produce these and to look for profit elsewhere.

Nevertheless, if the CCP economy board decides that ISK sinks are required, then go for things that take value from the wealthy pockets of Null-Sec groups instead of High-Sec casuals or peaceful businesses.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.