Since when T2 ship manufacturing become such unprofitable garbage?

Weird how you complain, while others are making a killing.
Think T2 components are overpriced? Capitalize on it and other smucks who think that “components should be cheaper than ships, right?” Market PVP is called that for a reason :slight_smile:

T2 components’ purpose right now is to fill the orders of speculation artists and other “predictive” buyers who will make a killing if they make things at just the right time, not on the mass-producers or small-timers. Analyze the market, find a niche, PROFIT.

1 Like

normally u place buy orders when planning produtcions… there are also other way to get materials at lower price than sell orders.

1 Like

This adds trade profit, it does nothing to manufacturing profit. If you buy, e.g., a bunch of half-off materials, you added that asset value when you purchased the materials, not when you built them into something.

If you buy materials on the cheap, build them into something that’s worth less than the fair market value of the materials, and sell it, you made money on the material trade and then lost some of it again on the manufacturing step when you could have just flipped the materials instead.

There is nothing wrong with minimizing costs via buy orders, of course, but you should understand which steps are actually contributing to your bottom line, and to what degree.

6 Likes

How are you producing Triglavian items. Those are being sold below cost as well

Meta stuff, yes. But t1, like radiation sinks, weapons and hulls are on the profit. Especially if you farm your own BPC’s in abyss and don’t try to sell them in contracts.

I find selling hull on HyperNet quite profitable.

Ore you mine is free, sure.

6 Likes

It’s better to produce and sell with profit rather than looking for dump person that will spent all profit on BPC and produce for minimal profit.

Exactly

I think what you mean is “ore I mine are cheaper than ore other people mine because I just have to pay myself and can work them on the place I produce them rather than have to move them”

Which I agree with. (and applies to abyssal stuff too)

Since forever?

Some easily found examples, but I didn’t dig deep, so I’m sure there are earlier ones:

2011-09-18 Building the cool ships

2013-05-03 Looking for info on the T2 BPO Lottery

Well actually that would only make sense if the T2 production actually fetched more money than the base materials, because otherwise you’d still be better off selling the materials you’d actually make more money. If he loses 60M building a Damnation (op’s example I haven’t run the numbers) that means that selling the materials would net you 60M more…

I suspect logistics has something to do with it, tho I’m sure that its more than that.

A small number of ships do not have T2BPO many of them have a good margin.

Most T2 Ships in eve have a T2BPO, these were given to hand picked players by CCP back in the day. You will have difficulty making profit as the BPO owners do not have to use invention.

Eve is not real, pets have always been given free stuff, reinbursed & ect. Ect. Deal with this and be blisfull or quit.

Star citizen is also doing the same as is dual universe. There is not a single uncorrupted sandbox out there. FYI, EVE was horrific with this in the past & the GM’'s are still wildly off the hook as is the ISD but Eve is still your best bet.

Invention isn’t the Issue, since the cost is negligible. The fact that the T2 BPOs can have higher mineral efficiencies may be part of the unprofitability. However, non-ship T2 stuff, even with a fully researched T2 BPO is still not profitable at Jita market prices.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you didn’t read the old posts I quoted above.

T2 BPO only have an advantage on items that very few people want, because you can only use one slot at a time to produce with it. With invention, you can use as many slots as you have and are willing to skill alts for.

If T2 BPO are the dominate production method for any item, then that is a really low-demand item that you shouldn’t want to be producing for, as not enough are being purchased!

The ship market is messed-up for the other reasons in that same quote I made above.

1 Like

No matter how or where you gathered the components for a T2 ship. Once you have them, you can choose to manufacture the ship, and sell it for 250mill or sell directly the materials for 270.

People that chooses to do the first, is just missing basic economic concepts. And that is not rare or even bad.

If everybody would have economic knowledge, evryone would be rich, and that just doesn´t works, there has to be poors too.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure your “basic economic concepts” above left out transport costs to the trade hub.

2 Likes

They would if transport costs were very meaningful in the land of alts. Though yes, jump fuel is a minor thing.

Time.

It is more that the component prices are semi-fictional.

Components trade in relatively mediocre volumes. Most producers, especially in null, are building their own components, so there is minimal demand for them in Jita.

The entire avg daily volume of, e.g., antimatter reactor units sold in the forge could be produced by a single character working at about half capacity in a T2 rigged null raitaru. Crystalline carbonide armor plates would take 8-9 slots (there’s nothing special about these particular items, they’re just the first two I thought of, all T2 components of a similar type trade in comparable volumes, e.g., all armor plates are about 100-175K per day, average, over the last 90 days).

So, yeah, if you just look at the price you might think, “I COULD SELL THE COMPONENTS FOR MORE,” but the problem is you have to actually sell the components to realize that, and even capturing 100% of sales in The Forge would leave you overproducing. Sure, you can diversify amongst other components, but you’re still left with an extremely poor ratio of sellability:produceability among those items (not just for yourself, but for all other producers, as well).

Put another way, T2 ships/mods/etc are wholesale packaging for T2 components that allows them to be sold at a rate capable of sustaining their production.

8 Likes

Is meaningless when it’s an alt account moved at the same time as playing on the main anyway.