Singularity closed for public testing

Careful, your entitlement is showing…

2 Likes

But they are available. you just have to want to do it. And you have to work for it.

I understand all you guys who just want to do stuff in peace and be left alone to do what you want, but that’s not what this game is all about. How do you test fits? Like the other 99.999% of us. Buy the ship and undock. If it works, then fly it. If not, go back to the drawing board. No amount of theory crafting will make you a better pilot. This game is not meant to be safe. You want safe go to a single player, offline game with cheat codes.
Eve is meant to be unsafe. By undocking you consent to pvp at all times, period. This is by design. If you don’t like the way the game is designed, go play farmville or simcity.
But complaining and crying about “muh testing” and “muh sisi” isn’t going to change the nature of the game nor give you what you want. We hear enough of your whining about getting killed in the combat system. So just stop.

I’m sorry, but I’m a Technetium fueled Morsus Mihi and Goonswarm dinosaur, one of the original pests who caused time dilation to be introduced into the game and I last held my own space back when POS spam was the mechanics. Back then test server was available and it was considered normal to test stuff.

When I asked the question about test server availability, I didn’t know that the environment has changed and I definitively didn’t know about forum wars around it.

Bottom line is: I’ve asked a question which was considered as completely normal back when I was last active. I wasn’t complaining, or crying or looking for safety - just asked a normal question. If you don’t like other players testing things on a test server, that’s your problem.

1 Like

maybe i should have put more separation between the two sections. the first one was a response to you in particular; testing sov mechanics is available, its just a level of commitment required. it seems you took my words personally and for that you have my apology. I just want you to understand what you are in for if you do go there. honestly, its a toilet, just go to TQ and go hang out with a good corp/alliance.

to you in particular, welcome back, but again the best testbed is just jump in a ship, join a good group of people and just figure stuff out. thats where the fun in the game really is. killing people and being killed.

the second section was aimed at a certain group of people who constantly cry about the state of the test server. it is what it is, and ccp has made it this way. no amount of heartfelt pleading will change their minds. undocking is consent to pvp, especially in the combat system… i mean the name kinda gives it away. just because there is no honourbru combat there doesnt mean people should be punished for it, it’s just the way the game runs. I’ve always said, if you want safe go to another game. thinking the test server because it isnt live is a perfect utopia where no one can touch you is just fooling yourself.
I test stuff there too. I take sov in different areas to do different things and to build titans on my terms. then i test multiboxing with titans and faxes in combat. is my testing not valid? I follow the rules and only fight in the combat system. is my testing not as valid as the next guy?

2 Likes

I’m glad you’ve cleared things up :slight_smile:

Anyway, if the test server environment and its use changed, I’ll adapt and find another way. It was just a default, fastest and easiest way to do a couple of quick tests back in the days, so it was logical to me to ask about the availability.

@CCP_Habakuk any updates on SISI ? when it will be open again ?

1 Like

When is sisi going to be back up CCP?

1 Like

they are not gonna let us play sisi anymore UNLESS they want us to test some nerfs,debuffs

You were wrong when you spouted this crap back in November. Unless you have some real information to back this assertion up you are still simply spouting at best unsubstantiated rumors and at worse straight up lying.

So 11 days and still locked out. Should I come back next year? Probably longer since I haven’t been playing.

Is this a noob dev taking over thing? Well no reason to sub if you can’t play the game.

Errrr the game is played on TQ not SISI … ?

2 Likes

TQ…but sisi was useful tool to test ships and fits before buying on TQ…

No, Sisi IS a useful tool to test ships and fits. However it is FIRST CCP’s test server. So if they need to put it in VIP mode for internal testing that is the priority.

That however does NOT mean it is gone forever as you keep implying. In fact in the original post of this very thread CCP states.

Which clearly implies we will have public access to sisi again as soon as they are done using it internally.

2 Likes

Can you pls put sisi back on CCP

Been playing on and off since Oct 2005 and SISI has always been a big part of my gameplay. They had accelerated training when I first started, and you could train up anything very quickly.

I’m playing pokemon for now, and then maybe warcraft or diablo. Don’t play much games after the weather gets warm again though.

Then you have been around long enough to know that CCP make sisi private when they need to to internal testing. This isn’t the first or second, or even third time it has happened. It can vary in length that it is private.

But it certainly doesn’t need an over the top reply such as…

And yes when you are subbing to EVE you are paying for TQ access. CCP does not have anything written that says the subscription means access to Sisi. It is super cool that they have had a largely public server for years. However they are not obligated to give you access if they need it for private testing.

And it is far more satisfying to play the actual real game, not just on the test server.

1 Like

When will they turn it on?

they will turn it on WHEN they finish internal testing…but to do internal testing it should be in vip mode not turned offline in my opinion,maybe they changing hardware pieces,maybe they are installing huge update,who knows… sisi was taken vip mode/offline for days couple times,this is not first one.

2 Likes

This would Never work For one EVE isn’t something ur average consumer or really even Enterprise grade Hardware could run the “Server” is in the top 100 Super computers on the planet u could maybe run a system or 2 on consumer/enterprise hardware

You can definitely run more than a few systems on a consumer cpu, if its not jita. There aren’t a lot going on in most systems anyways.

And no, they are no where near what you would consider a super computer…