Singularity Test Server Update – 25 January 2021

Well, they DID add a bunch of new buttons so that doing something a lot of us didn’t want to do in the first place takes more clicks and some decision making.
I don’t know how many times I have deleted free skill points just because I’m sick of the blinking thing that cant be turned off in the lower left.
Hateful thing! Now with EXTRA user input!
More buttons! More Windows!
BUT WAIT!!!
THERES MORE!!!
Click now to have random red dots move out from under your mouse just as you try to get rid of them!

1 Like

+1 for the booster time now being readable

1 Like

Love the new jump animations. It would awesome to see more docking animation if possible.

No longer auto selects next target in auto pilot IE: next gate when jumping into system or station/citidel?

Is it me, or is this update really really underwhelming in comparison to previous quadrant updates? Other than the booster duration change (which is extremely basic and simple to change) and the info on attribute modifiers, there is seemingly nothing of substance here :I

2 Likes

Can we also have animations for towing ships into station? plssss

So the Reign Video gave me chills and only if a fleet could be so very well organized I may actually be more interested in FC’ing. What I have seen in the past four years of Spectre Fleet and Redemption Roams and others is simply a blob with perhaps some contingent plans but mostly the winning tactic is N+1 rock, paper, Spock logic or run like an asteroid before impact.

1 Like

like the qol improvements not sure about the fleet discovery thing but we will see how that works out

I’ma keep it real with you chiefs. Leave the jump animation alone unless it makes better in every way. There’s still time to act on the other side of a jump before the animation finishes up. Maybe play an animation only on the front end of a jump, on the side of the gate in the system you’re leaving?

1 Like

Woah I love the new Jump Animation. The audio drop turned out very well and the smoothness is increased - eve on my old rig. Maybe you have some ideas in regards to wormhole (jump) animations too? :slight_smile:

Many of those minor changes doesn’t seem that big but in total it is a nice overhaul.

I’m curious about changes in the industry sector. Imho building ships is way to simple (yep even t1 hulls) - compared to modules. And since there is already the economy healing in place (which will manifest within the next months I guess) it might be a nice opportunity for an Industry overhaul as well.

Building capital ships is kind-off subdivided in components and elements as well I’d suggest to do that for every ship. (except for the rookie ship for tutorial purposes ofc).
The material diversification seems to turn out very well I assume (and hope) this will be continued. :smiley:

All the best o/

The Bookmarks on the map can be disabled in the markers menu of the map. They are labeled “personal Locations”

I think this is a PEBKAC issue, ships do not overshoot wrecks, unless you use a MWD on full speed.

Did you know you can set your speed at a lower than maximum value? Turning off the MWD at the right time helps too.

i think it’s worse now…i noticed yesterday while long distance traveling that i’m getting more “previous jumpgate (aka ingate)” being selected…when normally it would be mostly “no object selected”

1 Like

Although it’s not said in the patch notes, this update repaired right-click problem.

Agreed. Got to do something about the auto pilot not automatically updating to the next gate after jump.

1 Like

Very cheezy, not sure if the goal was to mimic some 2D games of the 2000’s (it really looks 2D). Plus I feel it makes the jump takes longer because of the animation. Some people seems to like it, however I think it looks low quality, visually, compared to the rest of the game. Maybe add a toggle to turn the animation off ?

1 Like

I actually miss the stargate animation already, especially the Amarr and Caldari, they were very nice looking, and for the LotR fans, some of the Minmatar stargates look like Sauron’s Eye on Barad-dûr. Now, we don’t see the stargate entrance, all shiny and all. Instead we are pushed into it in a rush, to end up with this cheezy ship animation.

1 Like

Its also really loud, like an ad break. between segments of a show and just as annoying.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.