Skiff Nerf

I guess that’s a high sec thing?

Apart from my newbie days I never mined in high sec. When I fit I do pay attention to specific resists and may pick one over the other based on the local rat damage types, if I have a choice. But usually fitting a multispectrum hardener is better as it helps against all sorts of situations.

Yes it is a hisec thing, but I am going to do some nullsec mining too. If a Dread spawns and I am in a Skiff, that will be a major brown trouser moment… with that legendary slow align time :stuck_out_tongue:

PS I saved your fit, I like it.

2 Likes

Haha yea, those dread spawns are deadly. :smiley:

1 Like

By the way, the Hulk and Mack also benefit more from a shield tank than hull tank, like the Skiff. Last I checked I could get the EHP of a shield Hulk above current Procurer levels of EHP.

I detailed the Mackinaw based on your fit above, and assumed people would assume something similar for the Hulk. I am interested in the Mackinaw at this point… Overall I am happy with this.

Here’s mine.

78.8k EHP, hull tanked
[Mackinaw, Mackinaw fit]

Damage Control II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Reinforced Bulkheads II

Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
EM Shield Amplifier II
10MN Afterburner II

Modulated Strip Miner II
Modulated Strip Miner II

Medium Transverse Bulkhead II
Medium Transverse Bulkhead II

Mining Drone II x5

Not bad, but I think not having a mining upgrade makes it a bit less fit for purpose.

1 Like

80.2k EHP

[Mackinaw, Shield Tank]

Mining Laser Upgrade II
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Damage Control II

Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Compact EM Shield Amplifier

Modulated Strip Miner II
Modulated Strip Miner II

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

Zainou ‘Gypsy’ CPU Management EE-603

Pretty good, I am definitely going to look into using the Mackinaw.

who the hell uses a higgs anchor :joy:

THE BEST COMMENT EVER!!!

1 Like

74.9k eHP Hulk

[Hulk, Tank]

Damage Control II
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Power Diagnostic System II

Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender
Compact Multispectrum Shield Hardener

Modulated Strip Miner II
Modulated Strip Miner II

Hammerhead II x5

Alternative 68.9k eHP high yield variant, requires a 1% PG implant (no-residue T1 fits need no implants) and is only 33% cap stable:

[Hulk, Yield]

Damage Control II
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Mining Laser Upgrade II

Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender

Modulated Strip Miner II
Modulated Strip Miner II

Hammerhead II x5

2 Likes

Introducing the all new Skiffless !!!, now with improved 15 sec align time, half the velocity, and significantly less hp all around, although we’ve let you keep the 4 mid slots unlike the “improved” procurer, you’ll probably have to use all compact active shield mods to give it any real shield tank, but wait there’s more, the skiffless sports 10% less mining yield than the retriever that can now hull tank 50khp, with about half the ore hold although it may take many weeks to train into to offset these huge advantages, but wait there’s more, the skiffless cost 250mil but luckily insurance pays next to nothing, but wait there’s more the skiffless only has the same old 2 mid rigs and 3 low slots although the others got an extra low, but you can pretend it got an extra low slot… with all these unexpected benefits I’m amazed the prices just keep falling.

Skiff EHP went up with the right fit.

1 Like

Skiff got its EHP increased, it’s like people don’t know how to fit ships and can only do what others tell them to fit and do. It also has its orehold increased and its yield increased. BUT as it’s now one of the “high ehp” miner it’s slower and slower to align. But also, the others got buffed so you now have choices.

So why don’t pick one of the other exhumers then, if you don’t like the Skiff? Please be honest in your answer, I’d hate having to shoot holes in it.

1 Like

No you stupid noob, you’re not applying the proper logic to it. The new Skiff was supposed to get buffed, but its new base EHP is less than what it had with a full-tank setup before the patch. Yes, if you fit the same tank as before it will have more EHP, but that’s not what buffs are about. It’s supposed to have more yield and more EHP than before without fitting any modules.

Anyway, HTFU and rage-quit you gankbear, et cetera.

4 Likes

We can laugh about it but we all know that’s pretty much what happened in many people’s minds.

2 Likes

Smart miners. You’d know if you played the game in the last 3 years :smiley:

You mean about the game you don’t play?

2 Likes

rock… park… mine… move to a new rock… park… mine…

If the rock is a long way away, book mark it, warp out, warp back, park, mine.

You can increase your defense against ganking catalysts with cheep rolled DCUs. (Kin/Therm)