Skill injector diminishing returns + old characters

Yeah and i do understand where they are coming from but times change the world moves on.
Time is the most valuable resource in the world as far as i am concerned we all get a limited amount of it in this world.
And real life doesn’t make exceptions for people just because they play a game stuff happens eh.
People shouldn’t be penalised for having a life and injectors were a good idea for both new and returning players imo.

1 Like

No, go away.

1 Like

In my opinion, CCP should have left the diminishing returns as the had originally stated. The drop off was much harsher.

It’s a horrible concept. Nothing in RL or even fantasy makes this type of diminishing returns logical.

• Does a wise/smart person learn or retain information at a lower rate?
  • Does memory added to a computer diminish when you add more?

There are tons of examples, but it’s easy to see that CCP’s motivation (as always) is all about the cash. They’re too near-sighted to see that they would make more money in the long run by making injectors 1/1.

Drugs: they more you consume them the less effect they have.

I’m pretty sure there are plenty of ways to explain diminishing returns from pseudo-technical standpoint.

No. Drugs are temporary.

I meant RL example: drugs and poisons lose their efficiency over time if you use only 1 type of them. Bacteria/viruses and whatever rodents you try to get rid of get used to them.

I don’t disagree with that statement. However, it doesn’t apply as we are talking about something that is permanently injected into a character.

Each level of skill takes 2.5 times as long to learn as the preceding level.
Stacking modules results in diminishing returns.
So it does seem quite reasonable for CCP to have diminishing returns with skill point injection.

For most of my friends and me, 50 skills queue up to 10 years is enough.
And in some rare case, like some new characters who are not easy to put 50 skills to train for a long time, I would tell them just subscribe and do nothing, and when they have time just send a ticket to CCP, they will get decent reimbursement SP.
The extra cost for skill injectors is not penalized for having a life, it is just for not giving CCP money on time.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.