Skill plan for Raitaru defense?

I’m going to build an alt (or two) whose sole purpose will be Raitaru and/or Astrahus defense.

Still doing basic learning about defending these structures but would like to get started on a new alt solely for this purpose.

Input please and thank you.

Structure Defensive Systems
Structure Electronic Systems
Structure Engineering Systems
Structure Missile Systems

All you need.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Yeah as I recall, your drone skills/fighter skills are not applied to citadel fighters so it is only the starbase skills.

1 Like

Correct fighter skills don’t come into play when launched from citadels.

NVM

I can read.

Don’t see “Structure Defensive Systems” in skill list.

Interestig, i dont know that skills.

Any link to check for fits for defense raitarus / astrahus ?

Iam not the OP but have now some Astrahus in high and null sec, and one raitaru. Used primarly for compressing, refining and medium ships or capital parts.

I tried to Launch fighters the other day and it did not work. Are you sure about this?

Structure skills are mainly cap related so you can keep things running for a long time.

Unlike a POS, the key to citadel defense is the ships you have outside the citadel. By itself about the only thing it can kill is the random SB who shoots out of boredom.

Spend time thinking of your defense fleet, asset evac, or who you’re going to call for help.

1 Like

Fighters can not be launched from a citidel in highsec. Only in WH/Lowsec/Nullsec. Devs don’t want citadels to be able to defend themselves in highsec, you need massive fleets.

1 Like

anyway, for a single man, a fortizar can be durable, i assume… an contrct mercs if needed

I think what was meant was Starbase Defense Management (under Structure Management). You have to have Anchoring at level 4 before you can train the Starbase Defense Management skill though.

I currently have Anchoring at skill level 3. I cannot train the Starbase Defense Management until I complete level 4 training. I can, however, train Structure Doomsday Operation, Structure Electronic Systems, Structure Engineering Systems and Structure Missile Systems (which I will be doing in the next couple of days, as soon as I have some open training slots again.