Skilling Spree - Event Feedback

man create thread with question about RNG Why is 'Killing Spree' Challenge Random?

And guess what happened next…?
@CCP_Falcon just closed it.

He cant answer a simple question.
But can close threads.

What a shame…

2 Likes

It was closed, yes, but I believe every post except the OP was moved into this thread. That happens a lot with forum moderation, if you haven’t noticed before today.

“Our hope in releasing this feature was to gain insight on how direct, daily rewards might effect and improve engagement in EVE. I can’t go into too much detail about results but I thought you guys might like to know a bit about what did happen after it launched. The biggest conclusions we can draw so far (though we are still gathering and analyzing data) are that recurring opportunities did have a significant effect on player activity in game. We saw a pretty big bump in the share of folks heading out to kill something each day, and we heard some feedback that this in turn led to some pretty funny situations (read: kills).” --CCP Rise (post also edited by Fozzie)

This was pretty much the part I DID remember. And what I was referencing earlier in this thread when I said CCP was experimenting/trying to see what effect the dailies would have.

“On the other hand, we saw very little change in login behavior, i.e. if you weren’t planning to log on anyway, the 10,000 free SP boost wasn’t really going to change your mind. This is really important for us and by collecting solid data with a fast and simple feature like recurring opportunities we will be able to make better decisions as we work on larger things in the future, such as the Shadow of the Serpent event, which begins on Tuesday in the 118.6 release.” --CCP Rise (post also edited by Fozzie)

And that part’s the other hand. So, in short, dailies a few years ago did not increase logins. But they did increase undocking by those who were already logging in.

And note the part of the end of the post where he mentions a REAL event (Shadow of the Serpent, that epic 40 day event that was under the SCOPE framework which ended up becoming the Agency event framework one year later (yep, for a year we didn’t see either, just events with drops and no points, like the first two (or three?) years of Blood Raider Crimson Harvest at Halloween)).

There’s apparently no Shadow of the Serpent (or anything even remotely like it) coming to give us actual event sites, PVE and PVP opportunities, points-based challenges, and epic loot at the end of this summer of skills, alas. Unless they’re really keeping it under wraps until late August as a surprise.

1 Like

It is much easier for roaming gangs to find targets. I see this several times daily as attacker and defender.

Some guy moving his unfitted carrier because of reasons? He got ganked.
Some guy multiboxing 10 barges? He got ganked (bombing run executed all of them including pods).

On the flipside, its easier for defenders to bait roamers into a bad situation. But mining and ratting has taken a serious hit and ADMs are dropping everywhere.

1 Like

This should have been per account not per toon.

Edit: Given the history of these CCP SP give aways - the random amount may be an effort to quantify the minimum SP required to encourage a login.

1 Like

This event does not work at all for me. I completed the “challenge” yesterday, but i got no unallocated SP. The progress bar got stuck at 100%. Restarting the client didnt help. Downtime did NOT reset the challenge. The progress bar is still stuck. What to do?

1 Like

second batch:
5x 10, 2x25, 1x50

1 Like

so what you’re saying is that they can’t give us little bonuses for logging into the game and thanking us for our business?

you should be fired for dumb.

one person says “no it should be free! no logging in, no gameplay!” another says “it’s not enough! gib us moar!” you say “its not enough! gib me more on all my toons!”

holy crap, kids… freakin relax, they don’t have to do anything for us at all, yet they keep doing it. if you want full pay to win or loot boxes go to those games. if you want everything for free, go to farmville but dont buy anyting.
this event seems like they want to thank us for logging in and actually…oh I don’t know…playing the game? everyone’s knickers are in a twist over the Blackout… oooh scary wormhole space comes to nullsec and everyone starts talking like chicken little “the sky is falling…imma unsub my 28000 bot accounts”.
when is enough, enough?

2 Likes

I agree with you about that this supose to be for help the new players but its funy to se this kind of events just after the mess they have done with the drifters and the blackout.

1 Like

I keep getting the message “Unallocated Skill Points Added.” I’ve yet to be able to do any of the “Skilling Spree” as it appears to be stuck. I’ve put in bug reports, but they are just instantly closed.

2 Likes

3x10 yesterday, 3x10 today.

Still waiting for official answer about RNG…

Looks about right.

yep… 2nd day in a row… 10k for 1 npc… people in my corp have gotten 50k 2 days in a row now. This event is complete trash and unfair. Whoever at CCP thought RNG was the correct way to distribute the dailies must have been dropped on his head as a child… parents should have left him there.

I wonder if verifying (clearing / cleaning) the shared cache might help those having trouble? Worth a try, eh?

Rewards are a bit meager if you ask me. 25k, 50k 100k would give more of a wow factor i think

Okay so I’m not alone in getting this glitch. I did yesterday’s fine. But today it seems a few of my toons show that same message, while the others are displaying properly.

That’s a load of bollocks.

It’s impossible for people who don’t know how to use a network, who don’t use D-Scan frequently and have no understanding of the game they’ve apparently been playing.

Nope @Xuxe_Xu, confirmed ineffective!

I am concerned that no blue name seems to have even commented on this! @CCP_Falcon, I am looking at you, though I hate namechecking Devs. There should be no need!

2 Likes

Who is this thing for. Its not fun or engaging in any way.

3 Likes