Skilling Spree - Event Feedback

On a per toon rather than per account basis because it’s a huge windfall for SP farmers who, unlike most players, have accounts dedicated to the conversion of SP > ISK > PLEX

On a per account basis so that average player can direct the SP to the toon that most needs it.

1 Like

Didn’t work for me either.

If I were an EVE dev, I’d likely become a serial killer :crazy_face: if I had to read and respond to these forum posts…

1 Like

Funny how they managed to go for a fixed amount of time (month) for this event but the duration of the blackout is undetermined - “Houston this is nullsec…we may have a problem”

2 Likes

Analysis indicates the aggro generated by this event for typical min/max personality type will shave 1 year from their expected lifespan. :rage:

So it’s payback from weary CCP devs… :rofl:

True story- my boss doesn’t give out little, one-time bonuses ($500 US) like she is allowed to by corporate as instant morale boosters because too many of my “team mates” complain when it’s not for them…

2 Likes

I think someone has to speak up for the NPC rats that this event is taking such a heavy toll on.

I go from system to system, and see no combat anomalies- not even drone spawns, which nobody in their right mind bothers with. Even the belts are empty… except for the forlorn, yellow wrecks drifting as silent testament to the carnage this event wreaks…

So I hope you people enjoy all your precious SP, and don’t think of all those poor Serpentis, Gurista, Angel, Sansha, and Blood Raider children whose parents will never return home.

Ok, maybe not the Sansha or Blood Raiders- their lives are pretty f’ed up anyway.

3 Likes

CCP may feel they cannot respond to feedback questions, because giving answers could discourage players new to the thread from offering feedback on that question, skewing the numbers.

RNG questions are popping up a lot; I found this on reddit:

[–]Meborg
One of the CCP devs was in rookie chat earlier today, he said it’s random, but everyone should get the same amount of SP in the end (if you don’t miss days).

1 Like

Obviously for people who hate fun and/or engagement- so welcome aboard all you Fallout 76 players!

They knew the risks when they signed up

Good idea on the weekly cap. And the kill specific type of rats thing is fun (they’ve done it a couple times before, most memorably in the Shadow of the Serpent event I was just talking about from back 3 years ago right after the FIRST time they did dailies in May/June/July-ish to try and boost summer numbers…)

BUT… A) that’s more of a full-fledged event, which this is clearly not… B) if you could get stuck having a “kill this specific type of rat” (like sleepers for peops who aren’t in WHs and don’t want to go or trig invasion rats for people in NS or WH who don’t want to PVE in HS, etc. etc.) and that task is jammed with no button to say “please to remove this task and give me another random one” (usable once per EVE day)… that could be very unfun for some.

… k, I’ve expanded to doing them on all 3 slots on all 3 accounts of mine for a total of 9 dice rolls a day… summary:

3x25k 6x10k yesterday
6x10k so far today (one trio hasn’t logged in yet)

… Seems like they’ve turned the 50k and 25k “spawn rate” down a bit today perhaps. Probably because of THIS VERY THREAD! ;D

Yeah that’s why they should make diverse way to obtain SP if they implement a “bonus SP weekly quest” killing NPC is easy and anyone can do that anywhere, killing players more difficult but still you can kill anyone anywhere, but a specific NPC, well, i’m a nullsec boy and i’m probably not gonna go to wormhole killing some drifters and maybe not triglav in empire if the reward isn’t interesting

but yeah your idea of a “skip quest button” pretty much like hearthstone or some other game can solve that ’

for the event i miss some of them even if they ■■■■■■ up when they reworked the way you can obtain the SP booster (from loot to industry) the last one was the frost one i think, a good idea (1 site per constelation) but ruined by far less NPC and boring way to obtain booster

1 Like

Maybe so, but keep in mind that the last time they did this, the dailies experiment aforediscussed in this topic… back in June 2016ish… they only had 10k amounts. So 10k/25k/50k is at least a step up from that, if not as exciting or as likely to prompt major boosts in logins+undocks as 25k/50k/100k.

When they started the blackout, most of the posts/dev blogs/SCOPE vids/etc. mentioned “for July” or “for a month” or something. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s going to go until at least the end of this Summer of Skills dealie, meaning till the dailies are over and till the free SP on our character select screen mid-to-late August weekend.

That would only work if you keep the bonuses private. Make it a condition of receiving one, in fact. “If you blab to your coworkers about the bonus I’m about to give you, it’ll be rescinded on your next paycheck.” in fine print. Gotta keep that TEAM MORALE up!

ofc… it’s on Reddit. The official forums of EVE.

1 Like

Personally, as a “newish” player, I LOVE it. Just fly out to a belt and presto cadabera, like 4.6 hours get knocked off the next skill in my que. I would however like to see the SP distribution become progressive over a monthly time like other MMO’s.

Thoughts and prayers to the salty veterans with tens of millions of SP which for them is a drop in the bucket.

1 Like

Still no CCP update it seems!

The building skill accels from ore mined in events thing has been done 3 times now… Halloween event (Blood Raider), Christmas event (Frostline), and Valentine event (Guardian’s Gala).

It was decent-ish in the first two except the INSANE AMOUNTS of basic bpcs that weren’t worth the cost of making them. The Valentine event, however, was… the nadir of EVE events. And then they haven’t done another proper agency event since February. No Gureasters (Guristas Hunt for Easter like they’ve done two of the past 4 years now… hopefully they bring it back next year).

No he and you are incorrect.

ratting is possible if you work with your mates and understand how the game works.

i’ve been ratting, so have my mates, so impossible, nope.

so i’m sorry, but you are incorrect.

you rat in esoteria right ? try ratting idk maybe in pure blind ? scalding pass the old NCPL space and i don’t even say Detorid Wicked creek wich is perma camp by Test + pet

it’s easy to say REEEEEEEEE TRY HARDER LEEEEL when you are in the safest krabzone in Eve

nope.

no thanks, i like where i rat.

BTW, Ex KOS, so i know all about being cloaky camped and unyeilding attacks daily, it never stopped me ratting or mining or doing whatever the hell i needed to do.

well what ya gonna do when ya space is being attacked? defend it?

incorrect.

1 Like