Skilling Spree - Event Feedback

I don’t get it. On the one hand they talk big about the future of the sandbox and making EVE more dangerous and chaotic like they actually know what EVE is and care. And on the other hand they pull cheap psychological tricks like this and make it look like a stupid theme park that wants to be just another dumb WOW clone.

I know there is probably not the same person behind it, but seriously stop trashing your game like this CCP.

3 Likes

This is because they want to inflate the login numbers “daily log in” and “monthly log in” to show that this new “blackout” thing is Really neeto and Swell.

3 Likes

It might have avoided tons of salt if CCP had tied Season of Skills events to compensating Alphas for escrowing SP they’d earned/bought as announced in a recent devblog.

As I recall from Hilmar et al’s comments, their goal is simultaneously making EVE easier for new players while ramping up difficulty for veterans.

IMO, the Season of Skills events are geared towards the goal of aiding newer players. Including veterans’ eligability for “free SP” may be a vain attempt to forestall such player’s backlash against a “theme park” event.

2 Likes

Getting free stuff is bad because?

I still heard no answer to that…

1 Like

“Time is free, but it’s priceless. You can’t own it, but you can use it. You can’t keep it, but you can spend it. Once you’ve lost it you can never get it back.”

He places value on his time, he considers other activities to be more worthy of his time.

Simple.

1 Like

My little groupie, your worship is duly noted.

Everyone getting free stuff devalues that stuff.

If everyone got a 100 billion of (whatever currency you country uses) tomorrow it would be far from a good thing. Your currency would become worthless.

Or imagine everyone in your country getting 100 billion except you because you happened to be on holiday for the day it was handed out. How much is your wealth worth then?

Think beyond the obvious.

1 Like

So it’s jealousy because it wasn’t there as you were noob?

No. You’re mistaking explaining basic economics to you for complaining.

If everyone has £50 on day one, but everyone but you gets £300 on day two, what happens to the value of the pound in that scenario? What happens to your spending power?

It damages the value of whatever is being handed out. It’s just even more damaging to the wealth of those who don’t get it.

1 Like

And i don’t know where these morons get that this helps new players?

New players have zero benefit over vets with dailies. In fact the ones able to complete the daily mission fastest and most thoroughly is vets! Just like the last dailies.

2 Likes

Oh FFS, hop in a T1 frigate, warp to zero on the nearest roid belt and pop the first rat you find. Takes less than 5 minutes and with +4 implants it knocks around 4.6 hours off whatever skill you have training in your que. Sprinkle a 25k in there over the course of the 30 day event and you have saved around 6 days worth of SP training. Ya’ll are making it out to be as hard as going to walmart for a gallon of milk or something.

3 Likes

No one ever said it was hard. It’s brain dead easy, in fact so much so it doesn’t even belong in EVE.

2 Likes

Gotta say I usually participate in events but this so-called event isn’t even interesting enough to make me undock.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

So we have a changed definition of the bittervets what is “bad” here…

In the past all that was “new(not happening in 2003)” was “bad”

NOW it’s all that is “new(not happening in 2003)” AND all that is “free or too cheap so everyone can buy it”

Sry but that IS jealousy…

“I don’t had it so NOBODY should have it”…all your “economic explanations” are just side battles to “explain” your jealousity…

You forgot the part where you introduced a contest that has stuck us with the minimum daily reward for a substantial portion of the duration of this event.

1 Like

Thank you! This is a reasonable reply to this thread. The RNG should have a value that 50k skill points are less likely to occur for any one character.

I honestly love the seasonal or random events that CCP throws into the game. They’re not perfect but they consistently try to bring variety to the game and try to give people what they want. For those complaining about the unfair then understand its meant to be a log in event. They want you to log in and play. They kept the NPC numbers low to get you to undock wherever you are and play.

When you complain about a feature or event thats in your right but, … add something of value to read. Please!

The only thing I would recommend different moving forward is to have it 1,000 SP per kill however you want to do it in the future. Keeping the new players/ low skill players involved is great but the minimum award should involve undocking for at least 20-30 minutes. This will help create content for anyone outside of high sec.

My favorite event was by far earning the Headhunter and Mimesis skins. Some other events were basically too difficult or time consuming to enjoy and reap the rewards. Events and rewards should be fun and I like the RNG but some events required around 40 hours plus of grinding and anyone with a full time job just can’t even try to do that.

I love the Chaos theme! Blackout is great and a welcomed change. I’m happy with the risk reward changes and it is completely reasonable because of the availability of third party programs involving local and intel, multi- region blue donuts, high reward and limited risk Roquals, and the no risk AFK VNIs.

My two cents: Keep the chaos going. High risk and high reward!

So free stuff is bad because?

Why not let every npc kill give you an amount of sp (1 for frigates,10 for cruisers, 100 for battlecruiser and 1000 for battleships?

Or would this be too “wow like” for your stuck in the past mind?

This game HAS to be modernized in many fields and “new” is NOT “bad” and EVERY “new” whatever it may be is “good” because it would make the game more fresh and playable for all…

Your cozy neck in the woods you so eager trying to defend will be gone anyway if the server closes so what do you have to lose?

XP per kill is new?

I guess this is 1976 again.

1 Like

How clueless can someone be?