So here we go again

You must have ignored the part where the rorqs drone bay was increased alongside it, helps to read ALL of the patch notes and not just half of a line :wink:

There is this thing called ā€œbalanceā€ its a term you may be familiar with, and when something is unbalanced it has to be re-balanced, hences buffing and nerfing, this isnā€™t a single play game where only your experience is affected by something being overpowered, this is a multiplayer game and it will get balanced as such, if youā€™re interested in a single player version with static rules might i suggest X3

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, you seem to think that just because you enjoy something it should never be re-balanced, there are things called single player games for that :stuck_out_tongue:

Citation needed, since when do rorq pilots make up a ā€œlarge partā€ of the loyal playerbase? iā€™ve been playing since 2004 and iā€™ve never even flown alongside someone in a rorq, hell i never even bothered training to be able to even sit in one, so iā€™m going to need a source on those rorq pilot numbers

At the end of the day youā€™re playing an MMO so you should be more than aware that any and all content in the game is subject to change, as a wise man once said

Deal with it

2 Likes

Youā€™re right , I should deal with it.

o7

The thing with nerfs is that those nerfs usually happen to the things that are overperforming, while buffs are usually done to things that are underperforming. And players tend to use the things that are overperforming rather than the things that are underperforming when they are fighting or trying to make money.

As a result, if a game gets regular balance updates containing both buffs and nerfs, players will usually feel those nerfs as they are used to (ab)use the overperforming methods and ships. And those players will barely feel the buffs until they switch their strategy.

Just as an example, even the upcoming list of changes isnā€™t a ā€˜long string of nerfsā€™ as you claim, it contains buffs as well. You just tend to ignore the buffs because only the nerfs affect your overperforming ships.

Both buffs and nerfs happen, but youā€™re only focussing on the nerfs because those affect your current gameplay.

1 Like

Can someone please spare a thought for the poor OP, all worked up and frantically rage quitting his three Omega accounts over thisā€¦

1 Like

Usually people have an actual example of what they are angry about, but this seems to just be a rant about CCP making any changes to the game whatsoever.

Not feeling all that patient today, so I will say this OPā€¦

TLDR

&

Adapt

MMO`s always get the meta changed regularly, most adapt, a lot whine, some leave.

For a game like Eve which is absolutely ancient by MMO standards, 15 years and counting, how many times have you seen the meta change over the years, how many times do you see people whining about stuff on here/Reddit and elsewhere.

Just play and adapt.

/drops mic

2 Likes

That went pretty good until you dropped the mic

Why would you do that? :disappointed:

yeah op get tough or get out

2 Likes

Lmao my bad, I just thought life is too short for more venting at whiners

1 Like

OP, clearly the majority of these people donā€™t properly understand your issue.

So when you quit you should give me your stuff, not them.

2 Likes

Learn to paragraph.

1 Like

So what you are saying is, if you havenā€™t experienced it or know about it; it isnā€™t. Sorry Cypherous, but how do you think you keep getting your replacement ships? From minersā€¦ most likely from Rorq pilots. And as part of my original post, we will more than likely deal with it, like we always do.

That is great if you are an F1 monkey just flying the latest alliance doctrine(s) or some of these streamer types who donā€™t care what ship they fly or mechanic changes aslong as it gives them the PVP gameplay style they desire not everyone has interests like that and there are many who have interest in a particular ship or working towards specific goals, etc.

Unlike many other games Eve is ostensibly about a longer term persistent experience so those that try to play it that way will often find the experience significantly diminished by regular sweeping gameplay changes to fundamental mechanics and ships.

There are many many changes where it would in my opinion have been possible to preserve a lot of what people pursued with the original implementation while also offering a fresh experience or other approaches to a problem such as adding new scenarios or challenges which would have varied requirements in terms of what worked and didnā€™t so that you donā€™t have one ship that does it all - rather than making significant changes to a specific ship so as to try and make other, often lacklustre, offerings look more appealing. Take marauders for instance while I was quite sceptical at first I actually ended up quite liking the bastion functionality but not a fan that it came at the expense of what the ships used to be it would have been perfectly possible to preserve both styles with maybe some slight tweaks to certain problem areas. A good friend of mine IIRC played from 2006 to 2014 used to spend hours on end just flying his Golem repetitively doing level 4s, occasionally levels 5s Iā€™d have been bored out of my mind personally but still with the changes he could no longer do what he was doing, the old fit didnā€™t work the style he was playing was no longer possible and he quit quite upset about it. Personally Iā€™d just got done skilling up and fitting out a Kronos to run with my carrier in PVE I got to use it about twice before they introduced the changes and after that it was no longer possible - the Vindicator wasnā€™t a viable option due to the lack of utility highs and lack of PVE bonuses, etc. while in itself a fairly small annoyance it was one of dozens of similar ones over the years that eventually made me quit.

I donā€™t subscribe to the full mentality of the thread starter but it is certainly something that isnā€™t in a good place in Eve unless their intentions are to just have a game that caters for undiscerning players who are happy to chase their own tail.

1 Like

That doesnā€™t change the fact that expecting things to remain unchanged in an MMO is just asking for disappointment, yes youā€™ll adapt because that is what you do in an MMO, iā€™ve been here since 2004, do you know how many nerfs and balance passes have happened in that time? Sure iā€™ve been a bit salty by those nerfs but they were to things i used and even i could see they were too strong, did i come on the forums and make pointless threads about it? nope, i just accepted the change and became a bittervet who can sit and complain about how everything was different back when i started :stuck_out_tongue:

So yeah, youā€™ll adapt, just like everyone else

1 Like

I donā€™t think any one is expecting things to remain [completely] unchanged. (Except maybe the thread starter).

There was no sense in any single nerf in the last 15 yearsā€¦if we had not a single nerf since then we would have THE SAME SITUATION as today,people would complain that some ships can do better than othersā€¦

Thatā€™s the problem with nerfsā€¦start it or leave it,but better leave it because IF you start it it will never endā€¦there will always be the one player or player group that is pissedā€¦

This is not about a ā€œbalanceā€ of some kindā€¦itā€™s about greed and envy that others have what i donā€™tā€¦

Since OP never did clarify what was making him weep and gnash his teeth.

I claim these tears! :skull_and_crossbones:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Brain?

2 Likes

Yes and we would still have even more busted OP ships than we already did and the meta would have never changed at all, T3Cā€™s would still be trash, people would still be running around in nano machs, people would still be fitting multiple MWDā€™s on things, we would still have cruise missiles that could one shot frigates, we would still have titans that could doomsday anywhere in the system without having to move away from the safety of the POS they were at, we would have no stacking penalty meaning remote boosted battleships could instantly lock even interceptors, the list goes on

So yeah, things are going to get nerfed and that is part of the normal balance cycle, you might not like it but this IS life in multiplayer games, X3 is over there ā€”>
if you want a game where you can skip the nerfs

Iā€™ve decided to see how it feels to be like the other CCP sycophantic sheep that are posting here.

Now where to begin? The forum told me to welcome you and since I now do, believe, and fight for everything CCP saysā€¦

Welcome to the forum Barakas! \O/

You mean like yourself?

You seem to know what you are talking aboutā€¦