So this event is now over, and I ran my final Signal Source today.
I was running in a 60m t1 BC rather than something bling - as the major risk was being popped in lowsec. I got hotdropped twice - once was a Rapier with Cyno in lowsec and other was a thrasher gang + sabre in Nullsec. I also escaped three times (mjd ftw).
Nevertheless I made about 4b isk from this event which is far far more than any other event I’ve taken part in.
So my summary of positives and negatives:
- lowsec and Nullsec was fun. it gave content to roamers, added some pvp aspect to pve.
- the escalation aspect was cool, I liked the chance of being able to run it again and having it in a random system meant you rolled the dice as to whether it was going to be busy or not, or go into Nullsec.
- Pure ISK profit for this event was huge, which is a plus!
- Theorycrafting a disposable ship that could still run both escalation parts and escape from gangs was fun.
- loot on the signal source (third tier escalation) was consistently lower than first and second parts, but the difficulty of the end boss was higher. Not sure why that was.
- got a bit repetitive after a while but then this is pve so not sure what I was expected there.
- sometimes sites were quite hard to find, but not too bad overall.
Generally, a great event. I was confused by the storyline though. First part you fight drones entirely and then an overmind, then you fight drones but suddenly Triglavians are at the end (??) then you end up finding the “signal source” and it’s all Triglavians behind the whole thing?? Are the Triglavians using drones to attack EDENCOM structures? Perhaps @Ashterothi can help me here?
Looking forward to the next event!