So, what happened to highsec and the Winter release?

Better a delay than something that is buggy and half worked out thoug. But I feel with you about CCP getting our hopes up then … leting us wait longer.

2 Likes

This dude in Amarr told me that ccp was scrapping the highsec expansion and doing another NullSec one to work on Sov and Structures and Income there

If they wait another whole year, then there will be issues.

That’s not meant as threat; i just wanted it to sound cool. :sunglasses:

They will hopefully finally fix the sov naming issue which still shows the old factions instead of “The New Order of Highsec”. Also there will probably be gigantic statues of our Saviour James 315 at every gate and asteroid belt.

I’m so looking forward to this. Don’t let us down CCP!

Also looking forward to Star Citizen since it will contain and play exactly as I have always dreamed.

If my expectations are not met there will be rage. much rage, internet level rage… because internet.

Kaelynne Rose
5d

My deadbeat father followed through on more of his usually broken promises and pipe-dreams he strung me out along than CCP.

They are very conscious of how they ober promise, usually fall very behind, out-right lie or go total-dark-zero comms.

Over and over we hear the usual apology of how they are sorry and will communicate more and learned their lesson and blah blah blah.

I mean eventually you realize daddy will always be a liar that never comes through on anything

If a statement like this doesn’t qualify one as a bitter-vet, I don’t know what would? :tornado:

1 Like

Probably someone came up with an idea for a new nullsec feature so they immediately cancelled all their plans for other spaces.

6 Likes

New nullsec only ratting sites or new nullsec only incursions?

Well in order to postpone a highsec expansion, it must have been something serious. Like painting a nebula in a slightly bluer hue, at least.

8 Likes

I find it fascinating that anyone in this thread is even discussing high sec’s future. CCP has said quite eloquently with their past actions what they think of high sec.

You need to think about the future. without a doubt they will try to flood highsec with people who are like nullseccers.

Your conspiracy theory isn’t a conspiracy at all. it’s business. what you fail to see is that it doesn’t matter where these people play. nullsec simply offers the best ways of hoarding milkable people.

it will end eventally, until they need to attract people to different space.

Only 2 days left in August.

Thats when ccp Seagul promised us more info on this.

Will this be yet another bold faced ccp lie?

Stay tuned

Cancelling an expansion less than a month after Seagull said it was on seems improbable, but I guess anything is possible.

I think though it is more likely that the updates page was taken down in mid-August in preparation for a devblog which was delayed for some reason, perhaps to wait until the CSM could be consulted or people to return from summer vacation.

I really hope Seagull didn’t end up essentially lying in what was basically an apology video to the players for bad communication. She still has time though, and I think a post-CSM summit release was always a likely probability so just keep pressing F5 for the next few days.

2 Likes

We are still waiting for devs to return from holidays? People said that back in June. Now its almost September.

When ever i visit the EVE updates page i see features getting pushed back, for example NPE improvements were originally planned for summer, refineries for fall. The empire expansion was removed completly. (Also, what happened to the module tiercide that was planned for this fall?)

Only the visual stuff (SKINs, ship model updates, graphic improvements) seems to be released on time and regularly.

Could it be that CCP has too many devs in the art department and too few in the other departments?
The visual updates are nice, but we need some actual content to keep players interested.

I thought artisits were supposed to be poor snd starving?

Maybe pay them less and hire more coders?

Also this response about Ccp communication and specificly the MISSING/LOST/STOLEN Winter Expansion update BY END OF AUGUST
my leg tingle

1 Like

And yet it rings of truth over and over and over and over again.

This dude in jita claimed he would double my isk. One in amarr was trying to sell cheap faction frigsbuy I think his last contract had a typo in the price.

You know CCP. What’s announced as “soon” takes 3 to 10 years to arrive.
I’m surprised the structure releases are somewhat on schedule (give or take a year).

1 Like

i’ve made a few dozen millions by selling the ships from legit contracts i snatched. some of these scammers actually put legit ones up, because those who don’t really only hurt themselves. there were quite the many people playing, well knowing that scams where mixed in between them, but it was really easy to avoid those completely.