So, what happened to highsec and the Winter release?

Earlier today I browsed the eve updates site to see whether was anything new about the Winter expansion, whch had to “breathe fresh air” in Empire space. Later this evening I’ve checked it again and have noticed that all mention to highsec has been removed from the winter expansion, and it’s not a webpage bug since the highsec tag is also empty for winter 2017.

I am on the fence for CCP being a little CCP so maybe they just removed the placeholder news bit in order to add a more fleshed out version tomorrow/next week/Soon, but then, it’s CCP so I also wonder whether they’ve gone full CCP and the plans for adding highsec content have been delayed/postponed/abandoned…

5 Likes

If the last where the case it would be sad of course, but they surely will have a reason for doing so.
Let it be alone not to raise expectations they can not fulfill.

Better they work longer on something and make it real good rather than publish it unfinished. That’s what felt ‘The Agency’ like for me. So I rather be a bit longer patient than soon™ disappointed.

2 Likes

I’ve had to sort of … quit reading about the game lol

You get what you get, okay? :smile:

1 Like

Who knows?

I expect they will tell us more at Eve Vegas. I’ve barely heard a thing so far.

1 Like

We should know by now. 2 weeks ago Falcon said:

I hope “more details” isnt the info that the expansion is cancelled.

3 Likes

My deadbeat father followed through on more of his usually broken promises and pipe-dreams he strung me out along than CCP.

They are very conscious of how they ober promise, usually fall very behind, out-right lie or go total-dark-zero comms.

Over and over we hear the usual apology of how they are sorry and will communicate more and learned their lesson and blah blah blah.

I mean eventually you realize daddy will always be a liar that never comes through on anything

5 Likes

Could always be worse. You could be a star citizens backer.

7 Likes

That one made me chuckle. :grin:

2 Likes

The upcoming features and changes section is also empty.

What is going on at CCP? Have they cancelled EVE development?

Like 1 year ago, the feature that was the furthest in the future on EVE updates was refineries + changes to moon minig. It still is …

3 Likes

I am sure that CCP will have their top men working on it:

giphy-downsized

8 Likes

Wow, that’s honest and bleak. I think all parents fail their children in some way by a design of nature - that’s what inspires the child to make something more of their life.

Have you ever watched “The Wrester” with Micky Rourke?

Yeah fantastic movie.

EvE is kind of like that aging past-his-prime wrestler that doesnt know when to just retire.

2 Likes

It could even be much worse as CCP would stop developing eve and back starcitizen.

1 Like

Or Chris Roberts could just stop developing SC, buy EVE and develop it.

2 Likes

Eve Citizen ™ :smirk:

4 Likes

Its true guys, eve is canceled.

Gib me all your stuff

1 Like

Hisec is being replaced with EVE: Valkyrie

6 Likes

I would be O.K. with that, I guess.

2 Likes

I would not be surprised is the high sec themed expansion is delayed to the next winter. It looks like the repeat of situation with moon mining.

I think they knew it will be delayed before it was even announced. They just keep repeating the old trick. :smirk:

5 Likes