So when does the new mechanic for ganking and standings drops take effect?

People who want to fight are sociopaths who shouldnt be allowed in games with normal people.

Yes, but right now itā€™s not illegal for sociopaths to play video games. Thatā€™s an issue that has to be solved at the legislative level, by administering tests and granting people video game-playing licenses according to their state-determined needs. After this is accomplished, we would be able to bar sociopaths (and people of other undesirable psychological characteristics) from MMOs like EVE. But that might take a decade or longer, and in the meantime, we need EVE to have some kind of stopgap measure to address the issue, which a null-sec PvP flag would accomplish perfectly.

2 Likes

you wonā€™t be able to program a chain of love anyway, not with the methods youā€™ve been doing since 1990ā€¦

:100:% They bully in-game and in the forums and wonder why thereā€™s anyone to oppose them. They will lose in the long run, as evidenced by this expansion. No one likes a bully. Eve Devā€™s understand that most people play the game so they can build something, not tear it down.

2 Likes

I was paying a sub anywayā€¦my new ganker is simply my former scout alt. In fact if anything Iā€™m no longer wasting 1/3 of the sub on a character who merely flies about in a shuttle.

2 Likes

And rightly so. You claim to be posting on your ā€˜mainā€™, yet your alleged ā€˜mainā€™ hasnā€™t done any combat activity for almost 3 yearsā€¦and we see zero indication of any alt that has. You wouldnā€™t waste a second posting even an average killboard if any of your alts actually had one !

So I repeat. You donā€™t like PvP because you never do any. That makes you a dog in a manger. You donā€™t enjoy PvPā€¦and you are determined that nobody else will.

You canā€™t afford a cloaky Astero? Tis, tisā€¦ You must be poor.

You keep moving the goalposts for your losing argument. He isnā€™t trying to curtail PvP, just what youā€™re calling PvP. Ganking a Venture in HS is NOT actual PvP. Some people think it is, but the majority of PAYING SUBSCRIBERS do not.

1 Like

Hi-sec Ganking is Great for Eve. Also, 0.5 space isnā€™t 1.0 space for a reason.
Anyone who gets ganked either learns how foolish they have been and improves, or they quit, in which case they are probably better suited to WOW than eve.
Everyone gets ganked at least once. The Winners learn from it. Losers just say ā€œthanks for reminding me why I quit eve the first timeā€. lol-oser
Not getting ganked is actually very easy once you are aware and educate yourself.
Ganking makes eve a better place. You canā€™t have fun if thereā€™s no challenge and nothing to learn.

2 Likes

PvP = Player vs Player. Yup, its PvP.

Citation required.

Corrected.

Normally I donā€™t post here, but in this case. You need professional real-life help. People like you and all the ppl out there thinking that itā€™s great to kill ventures are the real Losers here.

2 Likes

This isnā€™t true of Abyssal runners. If the gankers are smart, youā€™ll never know theyā€™re there until itā€™s too late. You can do EVERYTHING right and still get ganked.

Poor.

Very well put Sir.

I thought the people that lost their Venture are losers, by definition. :thinking:

Iā€™m a big loser because I lose a lot of ships. But I also kill a lot of ships and make other people losers too.

1 Like

That makes CCP the ultimate ā€˜losersā€™ā€¦as the majority of Ventures are lost via NPC rats that CCP coded into the game.

This we can agree on and is working as intended. I also agree that gankers are rats.

*I love that oneā€¦

ccp disagrees

3 Likes

I usually agree with and respect your opinion. However, youā€™re being disingenuous on porpoise or through no fault of your own. The subject at hand is HS GANKING. Iā€™ve already stated that ā€œwhat happens in LS/Null is fair gameā€. As is WDā€™s and such, being intended mechanics. If you look at the example you offered (:arrow_down:) youā€™ll see Avatars, which Iā€™m pretty sure arenā€™t allowed in HS. Letā€™s try to keep the argument within the confines of HS Ganking, please. Some of my fondest 2003 memories are bashing POSā€™s.

What about this type of advertising? Does it mention HS ganking? Does it even imply that thereā€™s danger in HS? How would someone that started playing after watching that trailer EXPECT to get ganked? Again, when a new player jumps into LS/Null thereā€™s a warning.

The log in screen looked like this if you remember so their intent was for all of eve not just null.

Hard to miss those big letters when logging in, also what Is the first rule of EVE ā€œ* donā€™t undock in a ship you are not prepared to lose *ā€

2 Likes