So who's still actually doing anything in Eve ? And what is it your actually doing and why?

Merry Christmas to all. I still say that. So who, what and why, as the title suggests. Last toon left subbed after the latest mining nerf., in my small nullsec corp. Basically hanging around to see the outcome of numerous failures on CCP’s plate. Getting ready to shut things down and say later to a once truly epic game. Whats keeping you around?

2 Likes

Collecting the stuff from people leaving. So keep me in mind when the inevitable happens.

And a Merry Christmas to you and your bitter friends.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Playing the game and enjoying it, because I’m not a weak grindbear. Just injected 15 mil SP into a new alt in fact.

11 Likes

How dare you. You’re supposed to wait for ages and suffer and anguish for your space stuff like back in the good old days.

3 Likes

Adapt, overcome, HTFU.

9 Likes

Still driving the Bus, still helping the newbros.

m

13 Likes

I’m now alpha, doing Reddit, discord online and forums. Lol

1 Like

I’ve done a lot of “new” stuff for me this year.
Next year I hope to do even more new things.

For me the game is far from over.

1 Like

I’m still subbed and training skills for over 13 yrs now… Basically just do Trade Career now, also participate in Events whenever they’re available.

3 Likes

Training never stops.

There are players with alts that are on multi-year training plans until they get them to where they want to be.

1 Like

Hanging out or roaming lowsec solo or with my space friends never gets old. There is always something to hunt, kill or chat about. Event times are good times too. Looking for opportunities in patches. Recently ramped up my production setup to create and sell some overpriced indu cores for the mix.

Why? I play EvE for fun and because of its unique core aspects, single-shard persistent universe and competitive nature.

6 Likes

My coreless legacy structure needs fuel as a f/u to whomever thought cores were a good idea.

2 Likes

Cores were 100% necessary to mitigate the use of holding corporations to avoid having to deal with wars despite owning a structure. It’s still a problem, but less so now than before.

2 Likes

I’ve been overseas on holiday for the past month so I haven’t been doing as much wormhole pvp - but that’s been the most fun part of Eve for my entire time playing. Right now I’ve been getting into market trading and that’s fun in it’s own way.

1 Like

Yeah, training never stops. I’m currently at 269,780,558 SP’s.

I actually should have said:

Still subbed and training skills for over 13 yrs now. Basically just do Trade Career now, also participate in Events whenever they’re available…

Faction Warfare and Wormholes are in my opinion the best part of EVE and I do them regularly. You can do both solo or in small scale ad hoc groups, which usually makes a lot of fun due to the social interaction.
In addition the cheapish nature of Faction Warfare ships makes it easy to finance all losses with wins without need for grinding = work in game.

1 Like

Ship spinning in station, now if they also had the spin counter in space id be happily spinning ships in space all day instead. Apart from that not much.

1 Like

Past months were very busy with real-life stuff for various reasons and this will keep going for a while so just sign in usually once a day briefly most of the days. Sometimes make progress with my Sunesis giveaway every once in a while when have the time to spare. Also when such an occasion emerges I make new killrights available to the public (including posting them on the forums) plus share the funfact with some friends through EVemail. That’s all basically, sometimes also fly around and kill some rats and stuff when in the mood and have spare time before signing off.

2 Likes

PI and ratting. I let my account slip into Alpha 'cause I don’t feel like playing everyday but I know it’s cyclical so in a month or two I’ll pay for Omega for 3 months and the circus will go on… maybe.
I may just decide to give it up all together like I just did another online game last week.
5 years ago I was subscribed to more than 6 online MMO’s. Today it’s down to one.
Online gaming isn’t what it used to be for me. It’s simply disappointing now.
I think I’ll go back to offline single-player games soon. By comparison, it’s the most fun I have in gaming.

1 Like

The way you call that a nerf rather than a buff tells me you should biomass and never come back.

But back on topic, I’m mining…

4 Likes